Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: append data to each line
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting append data to each line Post 302363297 by rdcwayx on Tuesday 20th of October 2009 02:34:28 AM
Old 10-20-2009
Code:
for i in `find /root/pmaptest -type f -name pmap*.txt`
do
  PID=`echo "$i" |awk -F/ '{print $NF}' |sed -e 's/^pmap//' -e 's/\.txt//' `
  anonmemtotal=`tail -1 $i |awk '{print $5}' `
  echo $PID "," $anonmemtotal
done

you can create another script (or add one more function) to merge anonmemtotal into same PID.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Joining lines in reverse. append line 1 to line 2.

Hi I have used many times the various methods to append two lines together in a file. This time I want to append the 1st line to the second and repeat for the complete file.... an example This is the file owns the big brown dog joe owns the small black dog jim What I want is ... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: dwalley
7 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to append line of of data to file

hai..i am new to unix..and i've currently learn shell script.. i have this small problem where i would like to save every data from log file into user directory if the data is equal to the name of the user.. i manage to do that with below script.. i would like to ask if there is any solutions so... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: meggae
1 Replies

3. Programming

Append data to smallint data in informix4gl?

Hi, I have an smallint variable, say "a", i would like to prefix it with "0" in certain conditions. Is it possible to achieve that with this datatype? For instance, a=9 --> a=09 Many thanks (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: dvah
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Match data based on two fields, and append to a line

I need to write a program to do something like a 'vlookup' in excel. I want to match data from file2 based on two fields (where both match) in file1, and for matching lines, add the data from two of the fields from file2 to file1. If anyone knows something in perl or awk that can do this, I'd be... (20 Replies)
Discussion started by: jamessmith01
20 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Append next line to previous line when one pattern not found

Hi, I need help for below scenario.I have a flat file which is having records seperated by delimiters which will represent each record for oracle table.My Control file will consider each line as one record for that table. Some of the lines are aligned in two/three lines so that records are... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: kannansr621
4 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

find a certain line and append text to the end of the line

After I create printer queues in AIX, I have to append a filter file location within that printers custom file. within lets say test_queue.txt I need to find the row that starts with :699 and then I need to append on the end the string /usr/local/bin/k_portrait.sh. Now I've gotten the sed... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: peachclift
2 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to remove fields space and append next line to previous line.?

awk 'BEGIN{FS = "Ç"} NR == 1 {p = $0; next} NF > 1 {print p; p = $0} NF <= 1 {p = (p " " $0)} END {print p}' input.txt > output.txt This is what the input data file looks like with broken lines Code: 29863 Ç890000000 Ç543209911 ÇCHNGOHG Ç000000001 Ç055 ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: cumeh1624
4 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Append Next line with current Line bassed on condition

Hi, I have an XML file and I am tring to extract some data form it, after lot of data cleaning process, I ended up with an issue, and need your urgent support. my current input data in below format: <Node>xxxxxx <Node>yyyyy</Node> <Node>zzzzzz <Node>12345</node> I need... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: rramkrishnas
9 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

To append new data at the end of each line based on substring of last column

Hi guys, I need to append new data at the end of each line of the files. This new data is based on substring (3rd fields) of last column. Input file xxx.csv: U1234|1-5X|orange|1-5X|Act|1-5X|0.1 /sac/orange 12345 0 U5678|1-7X|grape|1-7X|Act|1-7X|0.1 /sac/grape 5678 0... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: null7
5 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Remove new line starting with a numeric value and append it to the previous line

Hi, i have a file with multiple entries. After some tests with sed i managed to get the file output as follows: lsn=X-LINK-IN0,apc=661:0,state=avail,avail/links=1/1, 00,2110597,2094790,0,81,529,75649011,56435363, lsn=TM1ITP1-AM1ITP1-LS,apc=500:0,state=avail,avail/links=1/1,... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: nms
5 Replies
PMAP(1) 							   User Commands							   PMAP(1)

NAME
pmap - report memory map of a process SYNOPSIS
pmap [options] pid [...] DESCRIPTION
The pmap command reports the memory map of a process or processes. OPTIONS
-x, --extended Show the extended format. -d, --device Show the device format. -q, --quiet Do not display some header or footer lines. -A, --range low,high Limit results to the given range to low and high address range. Notice that the low and high arguments are single string separated with comma. -X Show even more details than the -x option. WARNING: format changes according to /proc/PID/smaps -XX Show everything the kernel provides -p, --show-path Show full path to files in the mapping column -c, --read-rc Read the default configuration -C, --read-rc-from file Read the configuration from file -n, --create-rc Create new default configuration -N, --create-rc-to file Create new configuration to file -h, --help Display help text and exit. -V, --version Display version information and exit. EXIT STATUS
0 Success. 1 Failure. 42 Did not find all processes asked for. SEE ALSO
ps(1), pgrep(1) STANDARDS
No standards apply, but pmap looks an awful lot like a SunOS command. REPORTING BUGS
Please send bug reports to <procps@freelists.org> procps-ng September 2012 PMAP(1)