Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: move to a particular line
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting move to a particular line Post 302363286 by rdcwayx on Tuesday 20th of October 2009 01:46:54 AM
Old 10-20-2009
Code:
cat urfile| sed -n 15p |awk '{print $7}'

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to move the line after a certain pattern in the file

Hi, I have a file called /bb/bin/rstrt. I need to move the line/entry "ccpm_load_shared_memory" after the entry "initcorp". The problem is that there are several entries for "initcorp" in this file and I need the entry to be moved only after the first instance of "initcorp" Is there a way... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: aoussenko
5 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Move a line to end of file

Can somebody help me with a script .... Read a file /etc/inittab find the string starting with rcml and move it entirely towards the end of file. rcml:2:once:/usr/sni/aix52/rc.ml > /dev/console 2>&1 I basically want to change the startup sequence. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: imanuk2007
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

move to a particular position and line

Hi, How can i move to particular line and to a particular position in a file using unix commands ? eg: in the line 30 and position 10 i want to print my name in a file. Cheers, Mohan (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mohanpadamata
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Use sed to move last line to top

I have parsed a curl download with sed commands. I would also like to move the last line in the output file to the top. Can I use sed for this? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: jostber
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

move datestamp to beginning of line where available

My current output is as follows: All Day Event Someone's Birthday Class 7:00 PM Pick up dry cleaning 1:00 PM Wake up 8:00 AM I'd like the output to remain the same but have the times moved to the beginning of the line with a hyphen after it so it would look like, All Day Event... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: chrish
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk script to move a line after the matched pattern line

I have the following text format in a file which lists the question first and then 5 choices after that the explanantion and finally the answer. 1.The amount of time it takes for most of a worker’s occupational knowledge and skills to become obsolete has been declining because of the... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: nanchil_guy
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Move lines above a line onto one line

So say I have the file: john london 24 male ======== jane london 22 female ======== mike 23 ======== Bob how do i get the information i need on one line as such: (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: linuxkid
5 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How move characters following a semicolon to a new line

Hello, I was wondering how I can move this: ABC;>12 BLA;>67 DEF;>22 into this ABC >12 BLA >67 DEF >22 thanks for your help. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: blakers
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need a help to move control to another line in my script

I have menu option in my script and in that i have 4 options like below :- echo "Please select a target server .." echo " AIX - AIX1" echo " AIX - AIX2" echo " AIX - AIX3" echo " HP-UX - HP-UX1" echo "Enter your menu choice : \n" read tgtser ... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: Renjesh
8 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Move a line to top of the file

Hi, I have a following file and it has only one occurrence of line that says "Output view:". It could be in middle somewhere ( i don't know the exact location ). I want to move it as the first line of the file. Input AAA BBBB CCCC Output view: XXXX YYYY ZZZZ Output should be: Output... (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: jakSun8
13 Replies
PQLIST(1)							      pqlist								 PQLIST(1)

NAME
pqlist - List available NetWare print queues SYNOPSIS
pqlist [ -h ] [ -S server ] [ -U user name ] [ -P password | -n ] [ -C ] [ pattern ] DESCRIPTION
pqlist lists all the NetWare print queues available to you on some server. If you are already connected to some server, this one is used. If pqlist does not print to a tty, the decorative header line is not printed, so that you can count the printing queue available on your server by doing pqlist -S server | wc -l pqlist looks up the file $HOME/.nwclient to find a file server, a user name and possibly a password. See nwclient(5) for more information. Please note that the access permissions of .nwclient MUST be 600, for security reasons. OPTIONS
pattern pattern is used to list only selected queues. You can use wildcards in the pattern, but you have to be careful to prevent shell inter- pretation of wildcards like '*'. -h -h is used to print out a short help text. -S server server is the name of the server you want to use. -U user name If the user name your NetWare administrator gave to you differs from your unix user-id, you should use -U to tell the server about your NetWare user name. -P password You may want to give the password required by the server on the command line. You should be careful about using passwords in scripts. -n -n should be given to mount shares which do not require a password to log in. If neither -n nor -P are given, pqlist prompts for a password. -C By default, passwords are converted to uppercase before they are sent to the server, because most servers require this. You can turn off this conversion by -C. SEE ALSO
nwclient(5), nprint(1), slist(1), ncpmount(8), ncpumount(8) CREDITS
pqlist was written by Volker Lendecke (lendecke@math.uni-goettingen.de) pqlist 01/10/1996 PQLIST(1)