Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: bash: statistical properties
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting bash: statistical properties Post 302362810 by cfajohnson on Saturday 17th of October 2009 08:38:56 PM
Old 10-17-2009

I'd use awk.

You can find scripts for mean, median, mode and standard deviation in my book, Shell Scripting Recipes: A Problem-Solution Approach.

7 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Directory properties

I have set up php shop and it required command line access which i have I executed the install.pl script and everything went OK but when I tried to access the admin foler via the www @ www.helloni.co.uk/shophtml/admin/ i get a forbidden error. I know I have to change the attribs of the folder... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: trekker
8 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Getting image properties

How can I get heigth and width of an image file? It's possible to do without ImageMagick or other third libraries?? Thank you very much (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: victorin
3 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

properties for vi

Hi, I have a simple problem in vi of which I dont know the solution. I have a file of 2000 lines. But when I open the file in vi, it only displays 20 lines and I have to use ctrl-f to see next lines. How do change the screen settings in vi? I want to see screen full text. stty rows... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: shriashishpatil
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Array Properties

Hi All, I have a code below but i have problems trying to execute "cat $jpg". Can anybody give me any advise? Is there something wrong with my syntax ? #!/bin/csh set qqq = 123 set www = 456 set jpg = ( $qqq $www ) cat $jpg Output: (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Raynon
2 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

File properties

Hi , I do have a line in my code as follows: if ] ; then ... else ... fi What does the -z does ? Similarly there is -s in some other part of the code. I guess there are many options like this.. Can anybody please tell what all options are available and what do they mean ? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: risshanth
2 Replies

6. Infrastructure Monitoring

Send statistical data via SNMP

I am working on a SunOS 5.10 Generic_142900-03 sun4v sparc SUNW,Netra-T2000 With this command: (Unix based cronjob) tail -1 FSC-xxxxxxxxx.stat | nawk -F, '{print $2}' I want to send the numeric output of this command from a statistical file which is updating constantly via SNMPv2 every 1... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: thinktank
4 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Appending unix timestamp to every line of a statistical file

I have a statistical file populating every minute as below: 2011-11-11-1108 1955 891 2011-11-11-1109 2270 1049 2011-11-11-1110 1930 904 2011-11-11-1111 2030 931 2011-11-11-1112 1944 900 2011-11-11-1113 1922 875 Instead of having the date and time in the given format (2011-11-11-1113) I... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: thinktank
10 Replies
URI::URL(3)						User Contributed Perl Documentation					       URI::URL(3)

NAME
URI::URL - Uniform Resource Locators SYNOPSIS
$u1 = URI::URL->new($str, $base); $u2 = $u1->abs; DESCRIPTION
This module is provided for backwards compatibility with modules that depend on the interface provided by the "URI::URL" class that used to be distributed with the libwww-perl library. The following differences exist compared to the "URI" class interface: o The URI::URL module exports the url() function as an alternate constructor interface. o The constructor takes an optional $base argument. The "URI::URL" class is a subclass of "URI::WithBase". o The URI::URL->newlocal class method is the same as URI::file->new_abs. o URI::URL::strict(1) o $url->print_on method o $url->crack method o $url->full_path: same as ($uri->abs_path || "/") o $url->netloc: same as $uri->authority o $url->epath, $url->equery: same as $uri->path, $uri->query o $url->path and $url->query pass unescaped strings. o $url->path_components: same as $uri->path_segments (if you don't consider path segment parameters) o $url->params and $url->eparams methods o $url->base method. See URI::WithBase. o $url->abs and $url->rel have an optional $base argument. See URI::WithBase. o $url->frag: same as $uri->fragment o $url->keywords: same as $uri->query_keywords o $url->localpath and friends map to $uri->file. o $url->address and $url->encoded822addr: same as $uri->to for mailto URI o $url->groupart method for news URI o $url->article: same as $uri->message SEE ALSO
URI, URI::WithBase COPYRIGHT
Copyright 1998-2000 Gisle Aas. perl v5.18.2 2012-02-11 URI::URL(3)