Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users logrotate with /etc/logrotate.conf file Post 302362666 by TonyFullerMalv on Friday 16th of October 2009 07:11:13 PM
Old 10-16-2009
I'd try increasing the:
rotate 1
to a larger number?
I know 1 means "1 extra" log file but I have never seen such a low number used.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

logrotate.conf

I changed the logrotate.conf file to make a new log file to be automatically rotated daily. But after a night, I have not seen the rotated file. When does this rotation happen? I mean what is the exact time? In addition, do I have to restart what deamon to make the change take effect? (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: fredao
10 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

how to set size in logrotate.conf

Hi,guys: recently,i am puzzled by a question .when i create a new file named by /etc/logrotate.d/debug. The cont. is listed as follow: /var/log/debug { rotate 3 missingok notifempty size=2k prerotate /bin/kill -HUP `cat... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: icehero
0 Replies

3. Red Hat

Some questions about Logrotate.conf

Hi all, I have to configure the logrotate.conf file on some Linux RedHat servers. So, by default I seen the file is as follow: # see "man logrotate" for details # rotate log files weekly weekly # keep 4 weeks worth of backlogs rotate 4 # create new (empty) log files after rotating... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: idro
5 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Explain this logrotate file

Very silly question .. I deleted it .. Please delete this thread too . (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: stunn3r
0 Replies

5. Red Hat

File is missing after logrotate!!

I am having a requirement to rotate the my application logs dailay as it is keep on writiing to single file and below is the logrotate function which I am using, cat /apps/bmc/bmtm/QPasa_logrotate.conf /apps/bmc/bmtm/all_events.log /apps/bmc/bmtm/history_association.log { missingok ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sandyrajh
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Logrotate - I am not able to rotate files using logrotate

I have written script which is working in Home directory perfectly and also compressing log files and rotating correctly. But, when i try to run script for /var/log/ i am able to get compressed log files but not able to get rotation of compressed log files. Please suggest. I am using below command... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: VSom007
5 Replies

7. AIX

Logrotate - /etc/logrotate.conf does't exist

Hi Admins. I have installed logrotate rpm on Aix 6.1. After the installation of rpm, I don't find /etc/logrotate.conf file and /etc/logrotate.d dir . The config file is located in /opt/freeware/etc/logrotate.conf. When I ran logrotate -v /opt/freeware/etc/logrotate.conf I get below... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: snchaudhari2
2 Replies

8. AIX

Logrotate.conf

Hey Admins, I have installed logrotate on AIX server. I want to configure it for 1. /var/log/messages – keep 90 days, i.e., weekly rotate 13 2. Syslog – keep 90 days i.e., weekly rotate 13 3. Wtmp – keep 90 days i.e., weekly rotate 13 4. Sulog – keep 90 days i.e., weekly rotate 13 What... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: snchaudhari2
1 Replies

9. Solaris

How to logrotate a file after X days with logadm?

Hi Guys - We have the /var/adm/pacct file currently configured to log rotate using logadm - here is the entry in logadm.conf: /var/adm/pacct -C 0 -N -P 'Wed Oct 23 08:00:00 2013' -a '/usr/lib/acct/accton pacct' -g adm -m 664 -o adm -p never Just want to ask if it would like possible to... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: akaterasu
1 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Logrotate 0 byte file

Hello, For various reasons I decided to rebuild my log server on a new microSD. To simplify matters I restored a backed up copy of the appropriate config files and uploaded them to the new log server once syslog-ng was setup. The issue I am running into now is when logrotate compresses the log... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: MyUserName7000
3 Replies
glutSpaceballRotateFunc(3GLUT)					       GLUT					    glutSpaceballRotateFunc(3GLUT)

NAME
glutSpaceballRotateFunc - sets the Spaceball rotation callback for the current window. SYNTAX
#include <GLUT/glut.h> void glutSpaceballRotateFunc(void (*func)(int x, int y, int z)); ARGUMENTS
func The new spaceball rotate callback function. DESCRIPTION
glutSpaceballRotateFunc sets the Spaceball rotate callback for the current window. The Spaceball rotate callback for a window is called when the window has Spaceball input focus (normally, when the mouse is in the window) and the user generates Spaceball rotations. The x, y, and z callback parameters indicate the rotation along the X, Y, and Z axes. The callback parameters are normalized to be within the range of -1800 to 1800 inclusive. Registering a Spaceball rotate callback when a Spaceball device is not available is ineffectual and not an error. In this case, no Space- ball rotate callbacks will be generated. Passing NULL to glutSpaceballRotateFunc disables the generation of Spaceball rotate callbacks. When a new window is created, no Spaceball rotate callback is initially registered. SEE ALSO
glutSpaceballMotionFunc, glutSpaceballButtonFunc, glutMotionFunc, glutTabletMotionFunc, glutJoystickFunc, glutDeviceGet AUTHOR
Mark J. Kilgard (mjk@nvidia.com) GLUT
3.7 glutSpaceballRotateFunc(3GLUT)