Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Awk match a multiline pattern Post 302362283 by steadyonabix on Thursday 15th of October 2009 01:03:37 PM
Old 10-15-2009
This gives the output you suggest.

I have marked the places you should insert your code, they are inside the if statements containing the regular expressions you posted.

Code:
nawk '

BEGIN {FS = "\t"
    printf("%s\n\n", "Starting to read the config file")
    num=0
    bucle=0

}

/CACHE SIZE{/,/}/ {
    if ( $0 ~ /CACHE SIZE{/ ){
        printf("%s\n", "for CACHE SIZE:")
        next
    }
    if( $0 ~ /}/)
        next
    split($0, a, "=")
    printf("%s\n", a[2])
    if(  $0 ~ /^cache_size=[0-9]*[K|M|G]/ ){

## YOUR CODE HERE
        printf("%s\n\n", "Instructions for cache")
    }
}

/CRONTAB{/,/}/ {
    if ( $0 ~ /CRONTAB{/ ){
        printf("%s\n", "for CRONTAB:")
        next
    }
    if( $0 ~ /}/)
        next
    split($0, a, "=")
    printf("%s\n", a[2])
    if ( $0 ~ /crontab=[0-9]*|\*\t[0-9]*|\*\t[0-9]*|\*\t[0-9]*|\*\t[0-9]*|\*/ ) {

## YOUR CODE HERE
        printf("%s\n\n", "Instructions for crontab")
    }
}

/POLITICS{/,/}/ {
    if ( $0 ~ /POLITICS{/ ){
        printf("%s\n", "for POLITICS:")
        next
    }
    if( $0 ~ /}/)
        next
    print
    if ( $0 ~ /^[0-9]*[\%|M|K|G][C|F]\t[A-Za-z|\,]*\t[\<|\>|\=][0-9]*[K|M|G]\t[0-9][0-9]\/[0-9][0-9]\/[0-9][0-9]\/[0-9][0-9]\/[0-9][0-9][M|K|G]$/ ) {

## YOUR CODE HERE
        print "Instructions for politics"
    }
}

' infile

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

want to pattern match using awk

Hello Friends, My script gives an output like below:- but i only want the red part to be displayed. how to i do that. I am enclosing my shell script after that. id='CCRCWebServerINSTALLDIR' id='AdministrationTools-CINSTALLDIR' id='AdministrationTools-ent-CINSTALLDIR'... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: asirohi
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Use to awk to match pattern, and print the pattern

Hi, I know how to use awk to search some expressions like five consecutive numbers, , this is easy. However, how do I make awk print the pattern that is been matched? For example: input: usa,canada99292,japan222,france59664,egypt223 output:99292,59664 (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: grossgermany
6 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Multiline pattern search using sed or awk

Hi friends, Could you please help me to resolve the below issue. Input file :- <Node> <username>abc</username> <password>ABC</password> <Node> <Node> <username>xyz</username> <password>XYZ</password> <Node> <Node> <username>mnp</username> ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: haiksuresh
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

AWK match $1 $2 pattern in file 1 to $1 $2 pattern in file2

Hi, I have 2 files that I have modified to basically match each other, however I want to determine what (if any) line in file 1 does not exist in file 2. I need to match column $1 and $2 as a single string in file1 to $1 and $2 in file2 as these two columns create a match. I'm stuck in an AWK... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: right_coaster
9 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

sed multiline pattern match

How can I write a script that takes a cisco config file and outputs every occurrence of two, or more, pattern matches through the whole config file? For example, out of a config file, i want to print out every line with interface, description and ip address through the whole file, and disregard... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: knownasthatguy
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Awk to match a pattern and perform a search after the first pattern

Hello Guyz I have been following this forum for a while and the solutions provided are super useful. I currently have a scenario where i need to search for a pattern and start searching by keeping the first pattern as a baseline ABC DEF LMN EFG HIJ LMN OPQ In the above text i need to... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: RickCharles
8 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Using sed to pattern match within a particular multiline block and take action

Hi all, This is my first post, so please go easy if I broke some rules. Not accustomed to posting in forums... :) I'm looking for help on pattern matching within a multiline block and looking to highlight blocks/block-ids that do NOT contain a particular pattern. For example an input file... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: tirodad
5 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk Pattern Match One File to Another

I want to read from file 1 and pattern match in file two and print field two from the next line. File 1: user1 user2 user3 File 2: name=user1 gud=12345 name=user2 gud=32456 I have this pattern hardcoded but can't work out how to pass file 1 to the pattern match: (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: u20sr
6 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Pattern match with awk/sed - help

I need to grep for the pattern text inside the square brackets which are in red and not in green..my current code greps patterns both of them, which i don't want Input fileref|XP_002371341.1| oxoacyl-ACP reductase, putative gb|EPT24759.1| 3-ketoacyl-(acyl-carrier-protein) reductase ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: selvankj
2 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk to combine lines from line with pattern match to a line that ends in a pattern

I am trying to combine lines with these conditions: 1. First line starts with text of "libname VALUE db2 datasrc" where VALUE can be any text. 2. If condition1 is met then continue to combine lines through a line that ends with a semicolon. 3. Ignore case when matching patterns and remove any... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Wes Kem
5 Replies
SDL_JoystickOpen(3)						 SDL API Reference					       SDL_JoystickOpen(3)

NAME
SDL_JoystickOpen - Opens a joystick for use. SYNOPSIS
#include "SDL.h" SDL_Joystick *SDL_JoystickOpen(int index); DESCRIPTION
Opens a joystick for use within SDL. The index refers to the N'th joystick in the system. A joystick must be opened before it game be used. RETURN VALUE
Returns a SDL_Joystick structure on success. NULL on failure. EXAMPLES
SDL_Joystick *joy; // Check for joystick if(SDL_NumJoysticks()>0){ // Open joystick joy=SDL_JoystickOpen(0); if(joy) { printf("Opened Joystick 0 "); printf("Name: %s ", SDL_JoystickName(0)); printf("Number of Axes: %d ", SDL_JoystickNumAxes(joy)); printf("Number of Buttons: %d ", SDL_JoystickNumButtons(joy)); printf("Number of Balls: %d ", SDL_JoystickNumBalls(joy)); } else printf("Couldn't open Joystick 0 "); // Close if opened if(SDL_JoystickOpened(0)) SDL_JoystickClose(joy); } SEE ALSO
SDL_JoystickClose SDL
Tue 11 Sep 2001, 23:00 SDL_JoystickOpen(3)