Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Does cjpeg exist for bash?
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Does cjpeg exist for bash? Post 302361966 by msb65 on Wednesday 14th of October 2009 02:08:47 PM
Old 10-14-2009
Does cjpeg exist for bash?

Hi,

I would like to convert a list of ppm files to jpeg. It was suggested I use cjpeg. However, that command does not seem to exist on my platform (Mac OS 10.5, bash shell). Maybe I have missed something? Does cjpeg exist for bash with Mac OS 10.5? Is there an equivalent command that does that will convert ppm to jpeg? Thanks a lot.

Mike

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

does it exist in linux?

Is there a jumpstart equivalent tool in the linux environment? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: pbonilla
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

su: user x does not exist

somehow my user names and groups on one of our machines are changed to numbers 700, 701, etc. thus, i can only ssh into this machine as root. is there a way to migrate the user names and groups to this machine? thanks! (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: user23
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

sftp mget where file doesn't exist BASH

I have a script that is working: #!/bin/bash sftp user@domain.com <<EOF cd somedir mget *.csv quit EOF but on a crontab I want to only pull newer files, so I want to do something like: while read ls current dir local file != true do mget that new file but I'm not sure the syntax... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: unclecameron
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

if pid exist ?

Hi I need help to whit a script that start a program if a nother program is started first . I thought something like this . if then start program 2 Thanks (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: pelle
4 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

bash script for testing existence of files/folders and creating if neither exist

Hi, I am new to shell-scripting, and doing a lot of reading. I am having some trouble getting started with a simple testing of scripting. I have been experimenting with if, loops, for, test, etc., but still unsure. I seem to have the hang of it when it comes to creating a single file or... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: me2
6 Replies

6. Solaris

DLPI link does not exist

Hi - I have a Sun 6800 with Solaris 10 u8 and I have an hme card in it and a quad qfe card. I am using the hme0 infc currently. I configured a zone and specified exclusive use of qfe0, but then when I go and try to plumb from the new zone, it gives me this: zone1# ifconfig qfe0 plumb... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: pyroman
6 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Does ${%name} exist in csh?

I have this code in tcsh and would like to know whether the syntax below will work in csh. if( "${%rsl}" == 0 ) then echo "rsl is empty" endif ---------- Post updated at 06:38 AM ---------- Previous update was at 05:53 AM ---------- It does not seem so. Perhaps the best thing is to... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: kristinu
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

IF statement file exist or not?

How can I check and see if the first parameter is a file existing in the current path or it is a real file and user input some random name in an IF statement? (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: bashily
5 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Table or view is not exist

If I select the statement on db is ok, but same statement on UNIX script I get table or view is not exist. what should I do?:( (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Hscript
5 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Why does a fakechroot exist?

I am really confused as to why a tool like fakechroot exists and what does it do. Chroot is an ability only for root users, correct? Then a tool that allows to bypass that is clearly a security flaw, correct? When and why would you need something like this? Is there any relation between... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: sreyan32
7 Replies
ppmshift(1)						      General Commands Manual						       ppmshift(1)

NAME
ppmshift - shift lines of a portable pixmap left or right by a random amount SYNOPSIS
ppmshift shift [ppmfile] DESCRIPTION
Reads a portable pixmap as input. Shifts every row of image data to the left or right by a certain amount. The 'shift' parameter determines by how many pixels a row is to be shifted at most. Another one of those effects I intended to use for MPEG tests. Unfortunately, this program will not help me here - it creates too random patterns to be used for animations. Still, it might give interesting results on still images. EXAMPLE
Check this out: Save your favourite model's picture from something like alt.binaries.pictures.supermodels (ok, or from any other picture source), convert it to ppm, and process it e.g. like this, assuming the picture is 800x600 pixels: # take the upper half, and leave it like it is pnmcut 0 0 800 300 cs.ppm >upper.ppm # take the lower half, flip it upside down, dim it and distort it a little pnmcut 0 300 800 300 cs.ppm | pnmflip -tb | ppmdim 0.7 | ppmshift 10 >lower.ppm # and concatenate the two pieces pnmcat -tb upper.ppm lower.ppm >newpic.ppm The resulting picture looks like the image being reflected on a water surface with slight ripples. SEE ALSO
ppm(5), pnmcut(1), pnmflip(1), ppmdim(1), pnmcat(1) AUTHOR
Copyright (C) 1993 by Frank Neumann 16 November 1993 ppmshift(1)