Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: SUN Custer Theory
Operating Systems Solaris SUN Custer Theory Post 302361781 by simka on Wednesday 14th of October 2009 05:29:33 AM
Old 10-14-2009
Thanks DukeNuke2,

How storage in general is seen within the cluster? This is the portion that i still unclear.

Did it seen as one logical disk; regardless on the 2 Physical (storage1 and storage2)?

Thank you. Dunstan

2 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Theory question about the organization of a UNIX file...

Hi, I am quite sure that I am posting a question in the very wrong forum but I have to give a try. It's a question about UNIX theory. I don't have any clue of how to solve this question. If someone could kindly provide some good references or give me the formulas, it will be really... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ti_ma
1 Replies

2. UNIX Desktop Questions & Answers

Why BackTrack3 Stored in USB Can Not Save Changes? What is the Theory Behind it?

I have a 16 GB Flash Drive. I changed the settings & set it as local disk, so my Vista recognizes it as a local disk, not removable disk. After that, i deleted the whole partition & then i made new partitions. I chose 9 GB to be in FAT32 format & 7 GB will be in ex2 format to save future... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: f.ben.isaac
0 Replies
cmsync(1m)																cmsync(1m)

NAME
cmsync - Synchronize files or directories on multiple Serviceguard nodes. SYNOPSIS
cmsync [-rv] [[-n node_name]...] [src_node:]src_file [...] DESCRIPTION
cmsync copies files and/or directories to multiple Serviceguard nodes. cmsync is limited in several ways. cmsync is best suited for situations where other remote copy facilities are not available. For a more full featured tool for copying files between Serviceguard nodes, see ccp(1m) provided by Distributed Systems Administration Utilities. To use this command, the local user must have the root access role on each of the involved nodes. For more information on Serviceguard access control policies, see the manual, Managing Serviceguard. To use the cmsync command without specifying -n options, the local node must be configured into a Serviceguard cluster. If no -n options are specified, the files will be copied to all available nodes in the cluster. Paths may be relative to the current working directory or specified absolutely. Copies between two remote hosts are permitted. If a file or directory already exists on a destination node, the destination node's copy will be overwritten with no prompting. The cmsync command is not suited for large files or large numbers of files and may result in a heavy load on the command and Serviceguard daemons. Other tools such as ccp should be considered for these purposes. Options And Arguments -r Recursively copy entire directories. -v Verbose output will be displayed. -n node_name Serviceguard node to copy file to. If no -n options are specified, default is to copy to all nodes within the configured clus- ter. src_node Serviceguard node to retrieve the file from. Defaults to the local node. src_file Path to source file on src_node. RETURN VALUE
cmsync returns the following values: 0 Successful completion. 1 Command failed. EXAMPLES
Copy the local file /etc/hosts to remote nodes node1 and node2 cmsync -n node1 -n node2 /etc/hosts Distribute the remote file /etc/passwd to all nodes in the cluster. cmsync node1:/etc/passwd AUTHOR
cmsync was developed by HP. SEE ALSO
ccp(1m), cmcp(1m), cmexec(1m), cmdo(1m), cmquerycl(1m), cmviewcl(1m) Requires Optional Serviceguard Software cmsync(1m)