Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: restart logic in a script
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting restart logic in a script Post 302361425 by dnat on Tuesday 13th of October 2009 06:59:10 AM
Old 10-13-2009
restart logic in a script

Hi
I have a script as follows

Code:
Function func0
<Set of validations done>
Function Func1
<Set of commands and some of the variables set>
Function Func2
<Set of commands and some of the varibales set>
Function Func3
<Call a job(It is a datastage job which is called>

Main job
Call func0
Call Func1
Call Func3 <parameter 1>
Call Func2
Call func3 <parameter 2>

I want to implement restart logic in this script..If the script aborts at
"Call Func3 <parameter 1>" then it should start at the same place.

Also I dont want to call all the previous functions called, i want to store them in a separate file.

Any ideas how this can be done?

4 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

perl script - adding restart logic

Hi all I have written a perl script which looks at one file and if new entry is made to that file then it runs some scripts depending upon the entry made to file( used File::Tail module ) . This script is running as “root” in nohup mode. Script works fine but I want to add restart logic. If... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: zedex
4 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Restart Logic for a Korn Shell Master Script

Hello All, I was wondering if someone can help me to develop restart logic for a Korn Shell program (a master script) that I am developing. The program is design to invoke a series of child processes (Korn Shell Scripts) whose function is to create a series of load files on a specified mount... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: jonesdk5
0 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script will keep checking running status of another script and also restart called script at night

I am using blow script :-- #!/bin/bash FIND=$(ps -elf | grep "snmp_trap.sh" | grep -v grep) #check snmp_trap.sh is running or not if then # echo "process found" exit 0; else echo "process not found" exec /home/Ketan_r /snmp_trap.sh 2>&1 & disown -h ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ketanraut
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Restart logic in script

I have a question regarding the restart logic in scripts. I have a script named "JOB1" which has 5 steps and every step has a program. Suppose my script fails at 4th step and the first 3 steps have completed successfully. I want to start my script from 4th step directly without doing any change... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: champ2108
1 Replies
PAPS(1) 						      General Commands Manual							   PAPS(1)

NAME
paps - UTF-8 to PostScript converter using Pango SYNOPSIS
paps [options] files... DESCRIPTION
paps reads a UTF-8 encoded file and generates a PostScript language rendering of the file. The rendering is done by creating outline curves through the pango ft2 backend. OPTIONS
These programs follow the usual GNU command line syntax, with long options starting with two dashes (`-'). A summary of options is included below. --landscape Landscape output. Default is portrait. --columns=cl Number of columns output. Default is 1. --font=desc Set the font description. Default is Monospace 12. --rtl Do rtl layout. --paper ps Choose paper size. Known paper sizes are legal, letter, a4. Default is A4. --bottom-margin=bm Set bottom margin in postscript points (1/72 inch). Default is 36. --top-margin=tm Set top margin. Default is 36. --left-margin=lm Set left margin. Default is 36. --right-margin=rm Set right margin. Default is 36. --help Show summary of options. --header Draw page header for each page. --markup Interpret the text as pango markup. --encoding=ENCODING Assume the documentation encoding is ENCODING. --lpi Set the lines per inch. This determines the line spacing. --cpi Set the characters per inch. This is an alternative method of specifying the font size. --stretch-chars Indicates that characters should be stretched in the y-direction to fill up their vertical space. This is similar to the texttops behaviour. AUTHOR
paps was written by Dov Grobgeld <dov.grobgeld@gmail.com>. This manual page was written by Lior Kaplan <kaplan@debian.org>, for the Debian project (but may be used by others). April 17, 2006 PAPS(1)