Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting file handling in perl without using system command Post 302360624 by ajaypatil_am on Friday 9th of October 2009 01:44:23 PM
Old 10-09-2009
file handling in perl without using system command

Hi ,

Is there any way to achieve following using perl program (i.e without using system command).

1.system ("echo 'test' > /usr/spool/ship.csv");
2.system ("cat /usr/ajay_test* >> /usr/spool/RAM/work/patil.csv");
3.system("> /usr/spool/ajay.txt");

e.g

for system("rm -f /usr/ajay.txt");
we can use
unlink "/usr/ajay.txt");

Thanks,
Ajay

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl run system command

Can perl execute a system command similar to the C function System()? Thanks. Gregg (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: gdboling
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

file handling problem in perl......

Hi, I am opening a file......then i am wrting some data into it......and i am reopening the file again but ......i get a error cannot open file....... $::file= "\adder\testfile.txt" open(TEST1,$::file); some write operation close(TEST1) open(TEST1,$::file) 'I GET A ERROR CAN OPEN... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: vivekshankar
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

perl - system command

Can this be done without using te system command? I have a directory with a large number of files in it, but I am interested in only the 8 most recent. The directory looks like -rw-rw-rw- 1 adsm adsm 13412 Sep 22 08:31 events_dump_09222005.csv.gz -rw-rw-rw- 1 adsm adsm ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: reggiej
5 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need Help w/PERL system command

Hi, I'm wanting to run an nslookup, dig or whatever to check for the existence of a printer. The PERL script will display the results on the screen, but I can't figure out how to capture the result & test the value. Any ideas will be greatly appreciated!!! Thank You (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: lorik
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

File handling, getopts command in unix

I need to create a shell script having the menu with few options such as 1. Listing 2. Change permissions 3. Modify Contents 4. Delete Files 5. Exit 1. For 1. Listing: Display a special listing of files showing their date of modification and access time (side by side) along with their... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: bab123
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl revers File handling

Hi Experts, I have a big text file, so I want read it at eof to upper bound !. after I use a fseek to go SEEK_END, is it possible to step up upperbound? Best Regards. Note that I'm used perl script. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Zaxon
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

handling multiple files using awk command and wants to get separate out file for each

hai all I am new to the world of shell scripting I wanted to extract two columns from multiple files say around 25 files and i wanted to get the separate outfile for each input file tired using the following command to extract two columns from 25 files awk... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: hema dhevi
2 Replies

8. Programming

Perl help for file handling

$# some text $$ some text $@ some text $$. some text Mg1 some text Mg2 some text . . . Mg10 some text The above 10 lines are to be extracted except the lines starting from $#,$$.,... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: baig.abdul
4 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl file handling error

Hi, I am reading and file and writting each word to other file. where I have used array to store the data. I am getting below error as "Use of uninitialized value in concatenation (.) or string at customize_split_raw.pl line 51, <IN_FILE> " Where my line 51 code is 50 foreach... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: Beginer123
8 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl : How is file handling working here??

Hi, I have a perl script which is just reading from the file but what I would like to understand is how the counter is moving without using the loop in the script. Below are the details: $ more /tmp/abc.txt This is 0 This is 1 This is 2 This is 3 This is 4 This is 5 This is 6 This... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: siddharthjindal
2 Replies
Directories(4)						     Kernel Interfaces Manual						    Directories(4)

NAME
Directories - Contains queued requests for file transfers and command executions on remote systems SYNOPSIS
/usr/spool/uucp/SystemName DESCRIPTION
The /usr/spool/uucp/SystemName directories are the uucp program spooling directories on the local system. The uucp program creates a Sys- temName directory for each system listed in the /usr/adm/uucp/Systems file, including the local system. Each SystemName directory contains queued requests issued by local users for file transfers to remote systems and for command executions on remote systems. The uucp program uses several types of administrative files to transfer data between systems. These files are stored in the SystemName directories. They are: Contain directions for the uucico daemon concerning file transfers. Contain data to be sent to remote systems by the uucico daemon. Contain instructions for running commands on remote systems. Contain data files after their transfer to the remote system until the uucp program can deliver them to their final destinations (usually the /usr/spool/uucppublic directory). RELATED INFORMATION
Daemons: uucico(8), uusched(8), uuxqt Commands: uucp(1), uux(1) delim off Directories(4)