Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Linux Red Hat how to uninstall KDE desktop in fedora 11 Post 302360582 by mark54g on Friday 9th of October 2009 11:02:57 AM
Old 10-09-2009
You can still use gnome even if KDE is installed. Did you just want to change your default? Is there a reason, besides freeing up space, that you wanted to remove KDE?

5 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. SuSE

your thoughts on the KDE desktop environmt

I wanted to get people's feedback on experiences with the KDE destop environment. I played with it for a while and was impressed. I liked the non MS apps and non MS approach to mail. via K-mail anyone else ? (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: simon2000
8 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Kde Desktop Effect won't work after installing OpenBox

I recently installed OpenBox to work with KDE in replacing the Kwin Session manager. A lot of things did seem to use less processing and memory, but it seems I've lost my KDE Desktop Effects. I managed to track down this in /home/user/.xsession-errors after trying to re-enable them: ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Azrael
0 Replies

3. Linux

Load kde desktop, fedora server 21

can not load fedora 21 server kde desktop after install yum -y install @kde-desktop reboot (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: kaja
0 Replies

4. UNIX Desktop Questions & Answers

KDE Desktop

I installed KDE with Debian. The KDE desktop never appears. Much searching w/ Google and no help. Thanks (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Meow613
1 Replies

5. Fedora

Fedora: Uninstall Java JDK 1.8 and install Oracle Java 1.7.15

Hi All, I have just downloaded fedora 27 iso and set it up in virtual box. I want to learn Hadoop so trying to install Apache hadoop. Before all those I have to install Oracle Java 1.7.15 (as mentioned in the Apache hadoop page). Can you please help me how to Uninstall currently installed... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: TechGyaann
6 Replies
gnome-default-applications-properties(1)			   User Commands			  gnome-default-applications-properties(1)

NAME
gnome-default-applications-properties - set your default applications SYNOPSIS
gnome-default-applications-properties [gnome-std-options] DESCRIPTION
The Preferred Applications preference tool allows you to specify the applications that you'd like the desktop to use when the desktop starts an application for you. For example, you can specify Xterm as your preferred terminal application. When you open the Desktop Back- ground menu and choose New Terminal, Xterm starts. OPTIONS
The following options are supported: gnome-std-optionStandard options available for use with most GNOME applications. See gnome-std-options(5). EXAMPLES
Example 1: Launching the Preferred Applications preference tool example% gnome-default-applications-properties EXIT STATUS
The following exit values are returned: 0 Application exited successfully >0 Application exited with failure FILES
The following files are used by this application: /usr/bin/gnome-default-aExecutablesforoPreferred Applications preferences tool ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+------------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+------------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWgnome-desktop-preferences | +-----------------------------+------------------------------+ |Interface stability |External | +-----------------------------+------------------------------+ SEE ALSO
Preference Tools Manual Latest version of the GNOME Desktop User Guide for your platform. gnome-control-center(1), gnome-std-options(5) NOTES
Written by Glynn Foster, Sun Microsystems Inc., 2003. SunOS 5.10 2 Oct 2003 gnome-default-applications-properties(1)