Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users Any ideas how to accomplish this storage move? Post 302360373 by Neo on Thursday 8th of October 2009 05:41:32 PM
Old 10-08-2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by keelba
Does anyone have any other suggestions or know of other products that could handle a server to server copy?
Dump the data to tape(s) and transport the tape(s) to the second site (you can FedEx priority overnight if in the US, for example)

Sync each server with the backup tape(s) and then only move the data which has been updated since the dump to tape(s) over the network.

With a little planning, this is an economical solution with minimal downtime.

4 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to accomplish this? Anyone

Hi All I am new to Linux and Shell scripting. So bear with me. I have two file the log.txt and the output.txt. The log.txt looks like this ------------------------------------------------------------------------- #### - r34327 | #####| 2008-03-31 10:18:35 -0400 (Mon, 31 Mar 2008) | 1 line... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: xossarian
1 Replies

2. Red Hat

How to accomplish this?

Guys, I'm here again with more questions. I have been asked to perform the following in a few servers: Check: OS system messages review Non-intrusive tests of the hardware SAN and network(ports,bandwidth and firewall/load balancer checks Any input how to accomplish all this? ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: 300zxmuro
0 Replies

3. AIX

Cluster 6.1 storage move

HI AIX experts, We have a 2-node cluster version 6.1. Running 7 oracle dbs. Everything is on symmetrix. We are going to have a storage migration from one array to another. There will be SRDF setup between two arrays. I will be getting all the luns from new array. I am just looking for the... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: snchaudhari2
7 Replies

4. Linux

Move OS to storage disk

Hi We have RHEL 7.3 running from local disk and we want to move it to storage. I am unable to find any proper procedure to do this activity. Please help. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: powerAIX
4 Replies
BACKUP_APROPOS(8)					       AFS Command Reference						 BACKUP_APROPOS(8)

NAME
backup_apropos - Displays each help entry containing a keyword string SYNOPSIS
backup apropos -topic <help string> [-help] backup ap -t <help string> [-h] DESCRIPTION
The backup apropos command displays the first line of the online help entry for any backup command that has in its name or short description the string specified by the -topic argument. To display the syntax for a command, use the backup help command. OPTIONS
-topic <help string> Specifies the keyword string to match, in lowercase letters only. If the string is more than a single word, surround it with double quotes (" ") or other delimiters. -help Prints the online help for this command. All other valid options are ignored. OUTPUT
The first line of a command's online help entry names it and briefly describes its function. This command displays the first line for any backup command where the string specified with the -topic argument is part of the command name or first line. EXAMPLES
The following example lists all backup commands that include the word "tape" in their names or short descriptions: % backup apropos tape labeltape: label a tape readlabel: read the label on tape scantape: dump information recovery from tape status: get tape coordinator status PRIVILEGE REQUIRED
None SEE ALSO
backup(8), backup_help(8) COPYRIGHT
IBM Corporation 2000. <http://www.ibm.com/> All Rights Reserved. This documentation is covered by the IBM Public License Version 1.0. It was converted from HTML to POD by software written by Chas Williams and Russ Allbery, based on work by Alf Wachsmann and Elizabeth Cassell. OpenAFS 2012-03-26 BACKUP_APROPOS(8)