Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Metadevices in mirroring ?
Operating Systems Solaris Metadevices in mirroring ? Post 302360357 by aggadtech08 on Thursday 8th of October 2009 04:53:34 PM
Old 10-08-2009
Dude : Another question:

doubt:

Configured on mirroring = Configured on RAID ?

AGAD

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

Mirroring

I am running Solaris 10 and i need to mirror a 73 gig HD. How do you mirror one in Solaris? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: dewsdwarfs
2 Replies

2. SCO

Mirroring

How Can I Do Mirroring In Unix? (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: DIMITRIOSDOUMOS
0 Replies

3. Solaris

Mirroring

Hi All i wish to mirror the root disk, but i face the below error. root@saturn # metainit d11 1 1 c0t0d0s0 metainit: saturn: c0t0d0s0: is mounted on / kindly assist... (27 Replies)
Discussion started by: SmartAntz
27 Replies

4. Solaris

Problem with live upgrade creation: Telling me metadevices do not exist

Hi I am having a problem creating my live upgrade environment. Here is the error I get: root@server:/# lucreate -c SOL10_18May -n SOL10_19May -z /lu_excludelist -m /:dev/md/dsk/d0:ufs -m /var:/dev/md/dsk/d4:ufs -m /export/home:/dev/md/dsk/d6:ufs -m -:/dev/md/dsk/d3:swap -C... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: notreallyhere
0 Replies

5. Solaris

metadevices: how to test metadb (how to corrupt replicas/understanding replicas)

Hi all, I recently started exploring Solaris 10. I am testing metadevices now. I have been reading about the state databases here: 6.State Database (Overview) (Solaris Volume Manager Administration Guide) - Sun Microsystems So I created 3 metadbs on 2 slices (6 in total; c1t1d0s3... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: deadeyes
3 Replies

6. Solaris

Metadevices deleted

Hi Guys, We have an issue, all metadb's on system was deleted and the system was rebooted. the system is currented mounted in single-user mode . its a x86 server. the volumes under SVM is as follows. / /var and /usr please suggest Please use code tags <- click the... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: karthick.sh
1 Replies

7. Solaris

SVM - Metadevices are offline after changing hostname solaris x86

Hi , We are facing an issue on one of our solaris x86 server, After changing the hostname and a orderly reboot , all metadevices shows offline. please let us know the steps to restore back all metadevices to working state with this new hostname (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: karthick.sh
3 Replies

8. Solaris

ZFS mirroring

Hello, I just build a Solaris 10 server on an x86 box. I forgot to mirror the two disks when I install the OS. Can I get some help with this? I have this # zpool list rpool 278G 5.77G 272G 2% ONLINE - # zpool status pool: online state: ONLINE scan: none requested config: ... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: bitlord
12 Replies

9. Solaris

Creating metadevices

Hi I am new to SVM, but I would like to configure it in one of my servers. The setup is as follows: I have one server running solaris 10 , and is connected to a NetApp via iSCSI protocol. This is how I intend to do it: Ask the NetApp admin, to provide me with 3 LUNs of 100G each, them use the... (14 Replies)
Discussion started by: fretagi
14 Replies
IIR(4)							   BSD Kernel Interfaces Manual 						    IIR(4)

NAME
iir -- Intel Integrated RAID controller and ICP Vortex driver SYNOPSIS
To compile this driver into the kernel, place the following lines in your kernel configuration file: device pci device scbus device iir Alternatively, to load the driver as a module at boot time, place the following line in loader.conf(5): iir_load="YES" DESCRIPTION
The iir driver claims to interface with the Intel integrated RAID controller cards, and all versions of the ICP Vortex controllers (including FC). HARDWARE
Controllers supported by the iir driver include: o Intel RAID Controller SRCMR o Intel Server RAID Controller U3-l (SRCU31a) o Intel Server RAID Controller U3-1L (SRCU31La) o Intel Server RAID Controller U3-2 (SRCU32) o All past and future releases of Intel and ICP RAID Controllers. o Intel RAID Controller SRCU21 (discontinued) o Intel RAID Controller SRCU31 (older revision, not compatible) o Intel RAID Controller SRCU31L (older revision, not compatible) The SRCU31 and SRCU31L can be updated via a firmware update available from Intel. SEE ALSO
cam(4), pass(4), xpt(4), camcontrol(8) AUTHORS
The iir driver is supported and maintained by Achim Leubner <Achim_Leubner@adaptec.com>. This manual page was written by Tom Rhodes <trhodes@FreeBSD.org> and is based on information supplied by the driver authors and the website of Mike Smith <msmith@FreeBSD.org>. BSD
August 8, 2004 BSD