Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Linux Debian Cannot reboot Debian Etch - 1 Core at 100% Post 302360123 by jelloir on Thursday 8th of October 2009 07:19:14 AM
Old 10-08-2009
Cannot reboot Debian Etch - 1 Core at 100%

I have a weird problem.

I cannot reboot my Debian Etch Server and one core shows as using 100% CPU but nothing appears to be using it????

I have tried kill -9 and killall via htop on the nbd mount and poweroff and shutdown commands but gett nothing.

I also killed a number of other processes but no joy.

Anyone have any ideas? I just want to reboot it..... never had this happen before on Debian.

3 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Install App in Debian Etch 4.0

I am trying to install a couple applications that I downloaded on my Debian Etch 4.0 OS but I don't know how. 1) I tried using sudo apt-get install...but it always tells me I'm not in the sudoers file 2) I tried using root terminal, but I cant seem to navigate anywhere and I don't know where... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: icecom10
3 Replies

2. Solaris

server reboot itself but no core dump

I wonder if anyone here came accross the same situation like me. One of server in my company reboot itself serveral days ago. I have checked /var/adm/messages... there is nothing there but a few messages mention explorer file has been generated by sysadmin. There is no core dump file either.... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: uuontario
4 Replies

3. Debian

Debian Etch - install us-keyboard driver

Hi, i'm using a debian-4.0r1 on an old subnet machine. I have to extend it with an other keyboard . What i have is a DVD of etch 4.0r7. How can i install and load the keyboard-driver for the us-keyboard? Can anybody please give me a hint how to do that? Thanks in advance (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: IMPe
0 Replies
HALT(8) 							       halt								   HALT(8)

NAME
halt, poweroff, reboot - Halt, power-off or reboot the machine SYNOPSIS
halt [OPTIONS...] poweroff [OPTIONS...] reboot [OPTIONS...] DESCRIPTION
halt, poweroff, reboot may be used to halt, power-off or reboot the machine. OPTIONS
The following options are understood: --help Prints a short help text and exits. --halt Halt the machine, regardless of which one of the three commands is invoked. -p, --poweroff Power-off the machine, regardless of which one of the three commands is invoked. --reboot Reboot the machine, regardless of which one of the three commands is invoked. -f, --force Force immediate halt, power-off, reboot. Do not contact the init system. -w, --wtmp-only Only write wtmp shutdown entry, do not actually halt, power-off, reboot. -d, --no-wtmp Do not write wtmp shutdown entry. --no-wall Do not send wall message before halt, power-off, reboot. EXIT STATUS
On success, 0 is returned, a non-zero failure code otherwise. NOTES
These are legacy commands available for compatibility only. SEE ALSO
systemd(1), systemctl(1), shutdown(8), wall(1) systemd 208 HALT(8)