Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Linux Debian Cannot reboot Debian Etch - 1 Core at 100% Post 302360123 by jelloir on Thursday 8th of October 2009 07:19:14 AM
Old 10-08-2009
Cannot reboot Debian Etch - 1 Core at 100%

I have a weird problem.

I cannot reboot my Debian Etch Server and one core shows as using 100% CPU but nothing appears to be using it????

I have tried kill -9 and killall via htop on the nbd mount and poweroff and shutdown commands but gett nothing.

I also killed a number of other processes but no joy.

Anyone have any ideas? I just want to reboot it..... never had this happen before on Debian.

3 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Install App in Debian Etch 4.0

I am trying to install a couple applications that I downloaded on my Debian Etch 4.0 OS but I don't know how. 1) I tried using sudo apt-get install...but it always tells me I'm not in the sudoers file 2) I tried using root terminal, but I cant seem to navigate anywhere and I don't know where... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: icecom10
3 Replies

2. Solaris

server reboot itself but no core dump

I wonder if anyone here came accross the same situation like me. One of server in my company reboot itself serveral days ago. I have checked /var/adm/messages... there is nothing there but a few messages mention explorer file has been generated by sysadmin. There is no core dump file either.... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: uuontario
4 Replies

3. Debian

Debian Etch - install us-keyboard driver

Hi, i'm using a debian-4.0r1 on an old subnet machine. I have to extend it with an other keyboard . What i have is a DVD of etch 4.0r7. How can i install and load the keyboard-driver for the us-keyboard? Can anybody please give me a hint how to do that? Thanks in advance (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: IMPe
0 Replies
XNBD-WATCHDOG(1)					      General Commands Manual						  XNBD-WATCHDOG(1)

NAME
xnbd-watchdog -- Watch a NBD device as started by xnbd-client(1) SYNOPSIS
xnbd-watchdog [--timeout SECONDS] [--interval SECONDS] [--recovery-command COMMAND] [--recovery-command-reboot] [NBD_DEVICE] DESCRIPTION
With the xnbd-watchdog, you can monitor a running nbd-client and trigger actions on failure. OPTIONS
The following options are supported: --timeout SECONDS Triggers the recovery command action if the watchdog process is unable to connect to the NBD_DEVICE within the given timeout. If not given, this defaults to 10 seconds. --interval SECONDS Specifies the polling interval between probes. If not given, this defaults to 10 seconds. --recovery-command COMMAND If given, the COMMAND is executed if the watchdog is unable to connect the NBD device after timeout exceeded. --recovery-command-reboot This argument is a shortcut for --recovery-command 'reboot now'. That is, it will reboot the server upon failure. POSITIONAL ARGUMENTS
The following positional options are supported: NBD_SERVER The local nbd-device to be associated with the remote xnbd-server. SEE ALSO
xnbd-server (8). AUTHOR
The NBD kernel module and the NBD tools have been written by Pavel Macheck (pavel@ucw.cz) and is now maintained by Paul Clements. (Paul.Clements@steeleye.com). The xNBD userland (client and server) have been written by Takahiro Hirofuchi (t.hirofuchi@aist.go.jp) This manual page was written by Arno Toell (debian@toell.net) for the Debian GNU/Linux system (but may be used by others). Permission is granted to copy, distribute and/or modify this document under the terms of the GNU General Public License, version 2, as published by the Free Software Foundation. XNBD-WATCHDOG(1)