Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Perl:Use of array elements in pattern matching Post 302359621 by deo_kaustubh on Wednesday 7th of October 2009 04:38:18 AM
Old 10-07-2009
Thanks pludi. it works !!

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

perl pattern matching

hi i am trying to get digits inside brackes from file , whose structure is defined below CREATE TABLE TELM (SOC_NO CHAR (3) NOT NULL, TXN_AMOUNT NUMBER (17,3) SIGN_ON_TIME CHAR (8) TELLER_APP_LIMIT NUMBER (17,3) FIL01 ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: zedex
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl - New line in array elements

Hello, I have a comma delimited input feed file. The first field has directory location and the second field has file name. Ex of input feed: /export/appl/a,abc*.dat /export/appl/b,xyz*.dat /export/appl/c,pmn*.dat Under each directory, there would be many files like... . . .... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: bperl
4 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Search array elements as file for a matching string

I would like to find a list of files in a directory less than 2 days old and put them into an array variable. And then search for each file in the array for a matching string say "Return-code= 0". If it matches, then display the array element with a message as "OK". Your help will be greatly... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mkbaral
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

[Perl] Accessing array elements within a sed command in Perl script

I am trying to use a script to replace the header of each file, whose filename are stored within the array $test, using the sed command within a Perl script as follows: $count = 0; while ( $count < $#test ) { `sed -e 's/BIOGRF 321/BIOGRF 332/g' ${test} > 0`; `cat 0 >... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: userix
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

perl array matching between area code and no.

Hi Everyone, I have: my @No=qw(032106 032630 0380 034010 035110 0354801111); my $str_No=join(';', @No); I have a string $strA="03263033", so in order to determine this $strA area code matches with @No, I can do: if ( (rindex($str_No,substr($strA,0,5))))== -1) ) { print "Not... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jimmy_y
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl Pattern Matching

Hello experts, I have a file containing the following text(shortened here). File Begin ---------- < # Billboard.d3fc1302a677.imagePath=S:\\efcm_T4 < Billboard.d3fc1302a677.imagePath=S:\\efcm_T4 --- > # Billboard.d3fc1302a677.imagePath=S:\\efcm_Cassini >... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: nmattam
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl Array Elements Replacement

Hello, I have the following perl array: @longname = (Fasthernet0/0 Fasthernet0/1 Serial0/1/0 Serial0/2/1 Tunnel55 Tunnel77) with the followinh array: @shortname = (Fa0/0 Fa0/1 Se0/1/0 Se0/2/1 Tu55 Tu77) in other words, I need to remove the following from each element in the array... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: ahmed_zaher
4 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

perl: array matching

Hi, I have two files like this file 1: xxtcgtatccgaggga cgcgcgggggagg jjsjjjjsjjjdtcgtat aaaaaaacccaaan ggtcgtatffaadda gggctggalllslllssdkk file 2: tcgtat gctggaI want to 1) match each element of file2 to each element of file1. 2) delete all the matched alphabets and subsequent... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: polsum
3 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

PERL : Read an array and write to another array with intial string pattern checks

I have an array and two variables as below, I need to check if $datevar is present in $filename. If so, i need to replace $filename with the values in the array. I need the output inside an ARRAY How can this be done. Any help will be appreciated. Thanks in advance. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: irudayaraj
2 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Array elements comparison using perl

Experts, I am looking to compare elements of 2 array using perl. Below is not the actual code but logic wise something like this. my $version = "MYSQlcl-5.2.4-264.x86_64"; <-- split this word into array as (5 2 4 264) ( which is to extract only the version number from the package name) my... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: solaix14
1 Replies
AIC(4)							 BSD/i386 Kernel Interfaces Manual						    AIC(4)

NAME
aic -- Adaptec AIC-6260 and AIC-6360 SCSI driver SYNOPSIS
device aic In /boot/device.hints: hint.aic.0.at="isa" DESCRIPTION
The aic driver provides support for the Adaptec AIC-6260 and AIC-6360 SCSI controller chips. Many systems that use these controller chips do not have a boot ROM and therefore cannot be booted from. HARDWARE
The adapters supported by the aic driver include: o Adaptec AHA-1505 (ISA) o Adaptec AHA-1510A, AHA-1510B (ISA) o Adaptec AHA-1520A, AHA-1520B (ISA) o Adaptec AHA-1522A, AHA-1522B (ISA) o Adaptec AHA-1535 (ISA) o Creative Labs SoundBlaster SCSI host adapter (ISA) o Adaptec AHA-1460, AHA-1460B, AHA-1460C, AHA-1460D (PC Card) o Adaptec AHA-1030B, AHA-1030P (PC98) o NEC PC-9801-100 (PC98) SEE ALSO
aha(4), ahb(4), ahc(4), cd(4), ch(4), da(4), intro(4), sa(4) BUGS
The driver does not work well with multiple devices on the SCSI bus. The driver works well with devices like CDROMs and Tape drives. The driver works not so well with disk drives. The PC Card version appears to work better than the ISA version, but that may be due to differing levels of testing of the devices. BSD
November 8, 2003 BSD