Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users Check latest time where theres the word 'processed' in logfile Post 302359537 by romanne on Tuesday 6th of October 2009 11:33:07 PM
Old 10-07-2009
Check latest time where theres the word 'processed' in logfile

Hi,

Im doing a project to check the latest time with the word 'processed' in a logfile. the time range is within 2 hours before the curent datetime to present.

For example:
Current datetime is 'October 6 2009 8:00AM' --- HKT

So the time range that need to check is from 'October 6 2009 6:00AM' to 'October 6 2009 8:00AM'

Thanks!

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

check logfile size

Hello everyone! Can anyone help me with this? I need a script that looks at a logfile and check itīs size. If itīs over a sertain size the i should get an email. Dont really know how the grep that info "the size" Please help.... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: dozy
4 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

to compare latest logfile with the current running time of the script

how can i compare the latest log file with the current time.. consider i am running a script "a.sh" at 09:00 ( function of the script a.sh is to update the database ) this script is going to create logfile if the script is sucess in case of failure it is not going to create logfile.. ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: mail2sant
0 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

perl (word by word check if a hash key)

Hi, Now i work in a code that 1-get data stored in the database in the form of hash table with a key field which is the " Name" 2-in the same time i open a txt file and loop through it word by word 3- which i have a problem in is that : I need to loop word by word and check if it is a... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: eng_shimaa
0 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Unable to create logfile with local time stamp using perl

Hello All, Morning, I am facing problem with my code while creating a log with name as current time stamp using perl. Here is the code. #!/usr/bin/perl my $time=localtime; my ($day,$month,$date,$tm,$year)=split(/ /,$time); my $stamp=$year."_".$month."_".$date; my... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: krsnadasa
4 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Calculating time windows from logfile timestamps

Hey all. I am working on some scripts in bash to perform a variety of functions; there are a variety of steps involved, and they must happen in a specific sequence; what I need help with is a way to calculate some differences in a timestamp in a logfile. One of the steps in the scripts I am... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: danowar
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Check whether file is processed in a control file list

I've a list of files which got processed in Target table A and stored in a control file(list of control files). I've want to trigger another process (later) based on this list of files and load into Target table B and continue running this process until this file list is exhuasted. How do I come... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: manojg9
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Check the file processed Completion

Hi, I have a wierd requirement where i need to check for a file transfered to my Server and once it is completed i need to start processing my jobs. My server is AIX 6.0 and i want to know is there some way in unix i can keep on checking the file and once it is completed successfully i can... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: prasson_ibm
5 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Find time difference based on logfile

Hi All, Firstly thank you for the forum members I need to find time difference b'w two rows of timestamp using awk/shell. Here is the logfile: cat business_file start:skdjh:22:06:2010:10:30:22 sdfnskjoeirg wregn'wergnoeirnfqoeitgherg end:siifneworigo:22:06:2010:10:45:34... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Srinivas Gadi
3 Replies

9. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

UNIX script to check word count of each word in file

I am trying to figure out to find word count of each word from my file sample file hi how are you hi are you ok sample out put hi 1 how 1 are 1 you 1 hi 1 are 1 you 1 ok 1 wc -l filename is not helping , i think we will have to split the lines and count and then print and also... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: mirwasim
4 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Search for word in huge logfile and need to continue to print few lines from that line til find date

Guys i need an idea for one logic..in shell scripting am struggling with a logic...So the thing is... i need to search for a word in a huge log file and i need to continue to print few more lines from that line and the consecutive line has to end when it finds the line with date..because i know... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Prathi
1 Replies
DateTime::Format::DB2(3pm)				User Contributed Perl Documentation				DateTime::Format::DB2(3pm)

NAME
DateTime::Format::DB2 - Parse and format DB2 dates and times SYNOPSIS
use DateTime::Format::DB2; my $dt = DateTime::Format::DB2->parse_timestamp( '2003-01-16-23.12.01.300000' ); # 2003-01-16-23.12.01.300000 DateTime::Format::DB2->format_timestamp($dt); DESCRIPTION
This module understands the formats used by DB2 for its DATE, TIME, and TIMESTAMP data types. It can be used to parse these formats in order to create DateTime objects, and it can take a DateTime object and produce a string representing it in the DB2 format. METHODS
This class offers the following methods. All of the parsing methods set the returned DateTime object's time zone to the floating time zone, because DB2 does not provide time zone information. * parse_time($string) * parse_date($string) * parse_timestamp($string) Given a value of the appropriate type, this method will return a new "DateTime" object. The time zone for this object will always be the floating time zone, because by DB2 stores the local datetime, not UTC. If given an improperly formatted string, this method may die. * format_date($datetime) * format_time($datetime) * format_timestamp($datetime) Given a "DateTime" object, this methods returns an appropriately formatted string. SUPPORT
Support for this module is provided via the datetime@perl.org email list. See http://lists.perl.org/ for more details. AUTHOR
Jess Robinson <castaway@desert-island.demon.co.uk> This module was shamelessly cloned from Dave Rolsky's DateTime::Format::MySQL module. COPYRIGHT
Copyright (c) 2005 Jess Robinson. All rights reserved. This program is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. SEE ALSO
datetime@perl.org mailing list http://datetime.perl.org/ perl v5.8.8 2007-01-20 DateTime::Format::DB2(3pm)