Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting find with file size and show the size Post 302359415 by steadyonabix on Tuesday 6th of October 2009 01:20:17 PM
Old 10-06-2009
This works with ksh: -

Code:
find / -name \* -size +100000k 2>/dev/null | xargs -i ls -l {} | cut -d" " -f5,8

Piping through the cut seemed to give a more reliable result than -exec: -

TX5XN:/home/brad>find / -name \* -size +100000k 2>/dev/null | xargs -i ls -l {} | cut -d" " -f5,8
268435456 /sys/devices/pci0000:00/0000:00:02.0/resource2
268435456 /sys/devices/pci0000:00/0000:00:02.0/resource2_wc
926937088 /proc/kcore
244147044 /home/brad/Pictures/mvi_0748.mov

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

find the file by size

Hi, Can somebody PLEASE help me. Suppose I want to find a file which has largest no of bytes in a particular directory, How do i do that. ls -s will give the size of Blocks. But I want the largest sized file and in bytes or KB OR MB. tHANKS IN advanvce. Bye Rooh :( (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rooh
1 Replies

2. Solaris

command to find out total size of a specific file size (spread over the server)

hi all, in my server there are some specific application files which are spread through out the server... these are spread in folders..sub-folders..chid folders... please help me, how can i find the total size of these specific files in the server... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: abhinov
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

find file size

My Question is ----------------- Assume you've a directory (i.e /home/test/) which contains n number of files, rename all the files which has byte count more than zero (0) with .bak extension. Write shell script to achieve this output, execute the same without using". / " in front of... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: hgriva1
6 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to find size of a file

Hi, I have to directory /usr/inbound ------------- 10900.txt 10889.txt 109290202.txt I need to create inbound directory and i need to know size of these files one by one if file size is zero i need to print message like "empty file" Please help me how to solve this thanks krish. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: kittusri9
4 Replies

5. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

how to find the file size in unix

Anybody can help HOW TO FIND THE FILE SIZE IN UNIX (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: lmraochodisetti
5 Replies

6. Solaris

Directory size larger than file system size?

Hi, We currently have an Oracle database running and it is creating lots of processes in the /proc directory that are 1000M in size. The size of the /proc directory is now reading 26T. How can this be if the root file system is only 13GB? I have seen this before we an Oracle temp file... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: sparcman
6 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

The scripts not able to make the file to size 0, every times it go back to its original size

#!/bin/sh ########################################################################################################## #This script is being used for AOK application for cleaning up the .out files and zip it under logs directory. # IBM # Created #For pdocap201/pdoca202 .out files for AOK #1.... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: mridul10_crj
0 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script to read file size and send email only if size > 0.

Hi Experts, I have a script like $ORACLE_HOME/bin/sqlplus username/password # << ENDSQL set pagesize 0 trim on feedback off verify off echo off newp none timing off set serveroutput on set heading off spool Schemaerrtmp.txt select ' TIMESTAMP COMPUTER NAME ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: welldone
5 Replies

9. Programming

[c] How to calculate size of the file from size of the buffer?

Hi, Can I find size of the file from size of the buffer written? nbECRITS = fwrite(strstr(data->buffer, ";") + 1, sizeof(char), (data->buffsize) - LEN_NOM_FIC, fic_sortie); Thank You :) (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ezee
1 Replies

10. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Ls directory size reporting byte size instead of file count

I have been searching both on Unix.com and Google and have not been able to find the answer to my question. I think it is partly because I can't come up with the right search terms. Recently, my virtual server switched storage devices and I think the problem may be related to that change.... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: jmgibby
2 Replies
ff_hfs(1M)																ff_hfs(1M)

NAME
ff_hfs: ff - list file names and statistics for HFS file system SYNOPSIS
num] num] inode-list] num] file] prefix] special ... DESCRIPTION
The command reads the i-list and directories of each special file special, assuming it to be an HFS file system, saving i-node data for files that match the selection criteria. Output consists of the path name for each saved i-node, plus any other file information requested using the print options below. Output fields are positional. The output is produced in i-node order; fields are separated by tabs. The default line produced by contains the path name and i-number fields. With all options specified, the output fields include path name, i- number, size, and user ID. The num parameter in the options descriptions is a decimal number, where means more than num, means less than num, and num means exactly num. A day is defined as a 24-hour period. lists only a single path name out of many possible ones for an i-node with more than one link, unless you specify the option. With applies no selection criteria to the names listed. All possible names for every linked file on the file system are included in the output. On very large file systems, memory may run out before completes execution. Options and Arguments recognizes the following options and arguments: Select a file if the i-node has been accessed in num days. Select a file if the i-node has been changed in num days. Specify the HFS file system type. Generate names for any i-node specified in the inode-list. Do not display the i-node number after each path name. Generate a list of all path names for files with more than one link. Select a file associated with an i-node if it has been modified in num days. Select a file associated with an i-node if it has been modified more recently than the specified file. Add the specified prefix to each path name. The default prefix is (dot). Write the file size, in bytes, after each path name. Write the owner's login name after each path name. Echo the completed command line, but performs no other action. The command line is generated by incorporating the user-specified options and other information derived from This option allows the user to verify the command line. EXAMPLES
List the path names and i-numbers of all files in the file system Same as above, but suppress the printing of i-numbers: List files on the same file system that have been modified recently, displaying the path name, i-number, and owner's user name (the option). List only files that have been modified within the last two days (the option): List all files on the same file system, including the path name and i-number of each file, that was last accessed more than 30 days ago Find all path names associated with i-nodes and (the option): Execute the command on an HFS file system FILES
Static information about the file systems. SEE ALSO
find(1), ff(1M), ff_vxfs(1M), ncheck(1M), fstab(4). ff_hfs(1M)