Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Problem with perl ~ tr///
Top Forums Programming Problem with perl ~ tr/// Post 302359255 by fordie on Tuesday 6th of October 2009 06:15:25 AM
Old 10-06-2009
thanks Smilie

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl problem

I have been recently given a PERL script to develop, but the main problem is that the perl version that I have to use is old, also I cant download modules from CPAN. Perl version 5.0005 I didnt realise this untill I had the script ready to be tested, so there are a few modules that I have... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: meevagh
6 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

problem with perl

hi, i have a script that coverts the file time in epoch time.but the problem is perl is not working inside the k-shell ---------------------------------------------------------------- #!/bin/ksh echo "Enter the file" read n perl -e 'print ((stat("n")))'... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: ali560045
6 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Problem with if statement in perl

if (($fields eq $hwp) && ($fields eq 'Y')) { $fields = "INTEGRAL"; } elsif ($fields eq $hwp) { $fields = "INTEGRAL"; } elsif ($fields ne $hwp) { $fields = "SEPARATE"; } print "$fields $fields $fields\n"; Output: The problem here is that the first... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: kamitsin
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

grep problem in perl

Hi, I'm writing one perl script to select only a number part from a line. These lines looks as: raj born on 20080201 at delhi result for the equation is (886005) peter get married on 20031230 Maria born on 20080201 at paris my output file should only contains the numbers, by removing... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Lokesha
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl- matrix problem

A C G T - A 5 -4 -4 -4 -5 C -4 5 -4 -4 -5 G -4 -4 5 -4 -5 T -4 -4 -4 5 -5 - -5 -5 -5 -5 0 So lets say I have a matrix which looks something like (above). Its basically a scoring matrix. the numbers are... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: aj05
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Execution problem with perl

I got the below error when using the below code...it seem that perl interpret the "'" in the middle and therefore the pipe is not finished. perl -wle ' @a=`who| perl -wlane 'print \$F;' | sort -u` ; chomp @a ; print @a; ' the error message in cygwin is:- perl: No match. | sort... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: ahmad.diab
12 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Problem with perl openssh

hello, can anyone help me with this problem? im just a beginner and currently starting to program in perl, also i just installed openssh because what i really need is to ssh to a ubuntu server. so I tried my code: #!/usr/bin/perl use strict; use warnings; use Net::OpenSHH; my $ssh =... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: samohung390
4 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

queue problem perl

Hi, I have implement queue but it take last element instead of fist element #!/usr/bin/perl -w print "Enter page Access"; chomp ($item = <STDIN>); my @queue = split /\s+/, $item; print "Enter a page frame"; $frame = <STDIN>; if ( $frame >= 3 ) { $fifo = pop @queue; print... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: guidely
1 Replies

9. Web Development

problem with exporting vairable from one perl cgi to another perl cgi script while redirecting.

Can anyone tell me how to export a variable from one perl CGI script to another perl cgi script when using a redirect. Upon running the login.pl the user is prompted to enter user name and password. Upon entering the correct credentials (admin/admin) the user is redirected to welcome page. My... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Arun_Linux
3 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl eval problem

Hello All, I am trying to use perl eval in a complex code and below given is a pseudo code of my logic. Here $result evalutes to empty. Please help.How should I retrieve of $t where $f just hold the name of varaible i.e t $t=10; $f='$t'; $result=eval "\$$f"; print "$result\n"; (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: prasperl
3 Replies
XtAppAddConverter(3)					    XT COMPATIBILITY FUNCTIONS					      XtAppAddConverter(3)

NAME
XtAppAddConverter, XtAddConverter - register resource converter SYNTAX
void XtAppAddConverter(XtAppContext app_context, String from_type, String to_type, XtConverter converter, XtConvertArgList convert_args, Cardinal num_args); void XtAddConverter(String from_type, String to_type, XtConverter converter, XtConvertArgList convert_args, Cardinal num_args); ARGUMENTS
app_context Specifies the application context. converter Specifies the type converter procedure. convert_args Specifies how to compute the additional arguments to the converter or NULL. from_type Specifies the source type. num_args Specifies the number of additional arguments to the converter or zero. to_type Specifies the destination type. DESCRIPTION
XtAppAddConverter is equivalent in function to XtAppSetTypeConverter with cache_type equal to XtCacheAll for old-format type converters. It has been superseded by XtAppSetTypeConverter. XtAddConverter is equivalent in function to XtSetTypeConverter with cache_type equal to XtCacheAll for old-format type converters. It has been superseded by XtSetTypeConverter. SEE ALSO
XtConvert(3), XtStringConversionWarning(3) X Toolkit Intrinsics - C Language Interface Xlib - C Language X Interface X Version 11 libXt 1.1.4 XtAppAddConverter(3)