Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: remove the numbers
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting remove the numbers Post 302358559 by Scott on Saturday 3rd of October 2009 07:13:49 AM
Old 10-03-2009
Code:
sed "s/^[0-9]* *//g" FILENAME

Or if every line starts with a number, simpler is:

Code:
cut -d" " -f2- FILENAME

Last edited by Scott; 10-03-2009 at 11:48 PM..

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to remove all lines with something other than numbers

Hi, How would I get rid of lines having something else than numbers (such as tabs,white space, special characters, empty line, letters). So I have big file with numers as follows: 12345678901 23456789012 32343678901 42345638901 52345678901 and I sometimes the file might contain some... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Juha
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to remove files with only numbers as file names?

Hi all, I have a bunch of files that are named like 12543, 467249877, etc all over some directories.These files are named only with numbers, they dont have any letters or special characters in their file names. Could you please help me out and give me some command/script to remove only those... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: praveen_indramo
6 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to remove numbers from filename

Hi all, Can I edit this script: find . -type f | while read i;do && mv "$i" "${i//abc/}" ;done so that it will not only take out abc from the filename but also take out any numbers that might be in the filename as well. An example would be, Input: filename abc 2009.mov Output:... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: Monkey Dean
7 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Remove Multiple numbers from file.

Hi, I am trying to cleanup 7 or 10 digits numeric from the file. So for example : Input : 3M Corporation 3M Inc. 888-356-8765 3M Inc. 356-8765 3M Inc. 3568765 3M Inc. 356-8765 3M 8883568765 Inc. Output : 3M Corporation 3M Inc. - - 3M Inc. - 3M Inc. 3M Inc. - (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: msalam65
8 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk & remove other than numbers

lsps -s | awk '{print $1}'|tail -1 71680 MB lsps -s | awk '{print $2}'|tail -1 2% vmstat |grep lcpu |awk '{print $3}' lcpu=8 I need to removt the MB % lcpu= from the outputs so they can show as 71680 2 8 respectively. Please advise. Thank you so much, (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: Daniel Gate
8 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Remove Numbers from file

I have a file that has some text that looks like this Some Text 1. More text 2. Different text Final Text I would like the remove the lines of text that start with the numbers. Some Text Final Text I have tried to use cat file.txt | grep -Ev 1. >... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: icculus99
9 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Bash, remove numbers after colon

Hello All, I was wondering if someone might know how to do this. I have a word list that is format like the example below. I need to take away the :number after that... is there some kind of command I could use to remove them? 123456:5562 password:1507 123456789:989 qwerty:877... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: 3therk1ll
7 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Remove numbers

how to remove all numbers from this.Using sed command 1. abcd123 2. 312jjs33 (17 Replies)
Discussion started by: rafa_fed2
17 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Remove '.' from file for numbers ending in '.'

Hi, I have numerous files which have data in the following format A|B|123.|Mr.|45.66|33|zz L|16.|33.45|AC.|45. I want to remove decimal point only if it is last character in a number. O/p should be A|B|123|Mr.|45.66|33|zz L|16|33.45|AC.|45 I tried this sed -e 's/.|/|/g' Problem... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: wahi80
6 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Remove trailing zeros from numbers

Hi, I am trying to remove trailing zeros from numbers in a csv file. CSV Input : 0.5000,abc,2.00,2.400,285.850,285a.850,205.180800,mno000,a0b0,2.860 Expected Output : .5,abc,2,2.4,285.85,285a.850,205.1808,mno000,a0b0,2.86 Can you please help. Thanks. (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: manubatham20
11 Replies
PYGETTEXT(1)                                                  General Commands Manual                                                 PYGETTEXT(1)

NAME
pygettext - Python equivalent of xgettext(1) SYNOPSIS
pygettext [OPTIONS] INPUTFILE ... DESCRIPTION
pygettext is deprecated. The current version of xgettext supports many languages, including Python. pygettext uses Python's standard tokenize module to scan Python source code, generating .pot files identical to what GNU xgettext generates for C and C++ code. From there, the standard GNU tools can be used. pygettext searches only for _() by default, even though GNU xgettext recognizes the following keywords: gettext, dgettext, dcgettext, and gettext_noop. See the -k/--keyword flag below for how to augment this. OPTIONS
-a, --extract-all Extract all strings. -d, --default-domain=NAME Rename the default output file from messages.pot to name.pot. -E, --escape Replace non-ASCII characters with octal escape sequences. -D, --docstrings Extract module, class, method, and function docstrings. These do not need to be wrapped in _() markers, and in fact cannot be for Python to consider them docstrings. (See also the -X option). -h, --help Print this help message and exit. -k, --keyword=WORD Keywords to look for in addition to the default set, which are: _ You can have multiple -k flags on the command line. -K, --no-default-keywords Disable the default set of keywords (see above). Any keywords explicitly added with the -k/--keyword option are still recognized. --no-location Do not write filename/lineno location comments. -n, --add-location Write filename/lineno location comments indicating where each extracted string is found in the source. These lines appear before each msgid. The style of comments is controlled by the -S/--style option. This is the default. -o, --output=FILENAME Rename the default output file from messages.pot to FILENAME. If FILENAME is `-' then the output is sent to standard out. -p, --output-dir=DIR Output files will be placed in directory DIR. -S, --style=STYLENAME Specify which style to use for location comments. Two styles are supported: o Solaris # File: filename, line: line-number o GNU #: filename:line The style name is case insensitive. GNU style is the default. -v, --verbose Print the names of the files being processed. -V, --version Print the version of pygettext and exit. -w, --width=COLUMNS Set width of output to columns. -x, --exclude-file=FILENAME Specify a file that contains a list of strings that are not be extracted from the input files. Each string to be excluded must appear on a line by itself in the file. -X, --no-docstrings=FILENAME Specify a file that contains a list of files (one per line) that should not have their docstrings extracted. This is only useful in conjunction with the -D option above. If `INPUTFILE' is -, standard input is read. BUGS
pygettext attempts to be option and feature compatible with GNU xgettext where ever possible. However some options are still missing or are not fully implemented. Also, xgettext's use of command line switches with option arguments is broken, and in these cases, pygettext just defines additional switches. AUTHOR
pygettext is written by Barry Warsaw <barry@zope.com>. Joonas Paalasmaa <joonas.paalasmaa@iki.fi> put this manual page together based on "pygettext --help". pygettext 1.4 PYGETTEXT(1)