Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting rename multiple files with wildcards Post 302358433 by thegeek on Friday 2nd of October 2009 01:39:51 PM
Old 10-02-2009
Lot of good solutions !!

But which solved your issue !! & What is the problem ?!

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Rename multiple files

Hello, I want to rename multiple files at a time and I don't know how to do it. I have various ".mp3" files, like "band name - music name.mp3" and I want to remove the "band name" from all files. Anybody knows how to do it using shell script or sed or even perl? Thanks (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: luiz_fer10
7 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

rename multiple files

Hi, can anyone have a ksh script to rename multiple files (ie to remove .Z extension of the files) can someone correct this? for i in *.Z do var1 = substr($i, 1,at(".Z",$i)-1) mv $i $var1 done Thanks.. Antony (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: antointoronto
13 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

now to rename multiple files

I have several hundred files in one directory which I need to move to another directory with the new extension, for example: /bb/data/rptmgr* are in the source directory need to be moved to /bb/data55/rptmgr*.new Is there an efficient way to do it? Thanks -A (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: aoussenko
4 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl, open multiple files with wildcards

I have a question regarding Perl scripting. If I want to say open files that all look like this and assign them to a filehandle and then assign the filehandle to a variable, how do I do this? The file names are strand1.fa.gz.tmp strand2.fa.gz.tmp strand3.fa.gz.tmp strand4.fa.gz.tmp ...... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: japaneseguitars
6 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Rename the multiple files

Hi I need to reanme the multiple file using unix script I have multiple file like: sample_YYYYMMDD.xls test new_YYYYMMDD.xls simple_YYYYMMDD.xls I need to rename this file sample.xls testnew.xls SIMPLE.xls thanks (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: murari83.ds
8 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Rename multiple files

hello: I have multiple files with names like: somestring_y2010m01d01 somestring_y2010m01d02 .......... somestring_y2010m12d31 How... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: sylcam
4 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Rename Multiple Files

Hey guys, I am the definition of a newbie. I am in the process of trying to rip all my dvds onto a new HTPC I setup. While doing this, I am also trying to organize a bunch of other files I already have to proper naming conventions. So far I have just been naming each file separately (I am on a... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Ralze34
4 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Rename a multiple files

I have multiple files in folder which i want to rename. hence I am using the below command in my script by I get an error: export XXX_LOG_DIR="${LOG_DIR}/${XXX_HOST}/xxx/${REPORT_DATE}" mv $XXX_LOG_DIR/*.audit.gz $XXX_LOG_DIR/*.audit.log.gz But I get the below error: mv: target... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: karan8810
5 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

SBATCH trinity for multiple files and rename/move the output files

Hey guys, I have wrote the following script to apply a module named "trinity" on my files. (it takes two input files and spit a trinity.fasta as output) #!/bin/bash -l #SBATCH -p node #SBATCH -A <projectID> #SBATCH -n 16 #SBATCH -t 7-00:00:00 #SBATCH --mem=128GB #SBATCH --mail-type=ALL... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: @man
1 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Rename multiple files in one go

OS : Oracle Linux 6.8 shell : bash As shown below, I have multiple files like below (query1-extract_aa, query1-extract_ab, query1-extract_ac, ....) $ ls -l total 235680 -rw-rw-r-- 1 reportusr reportusr 30M May 3 11:25 query1-extract_aa -rw-rw-r-- 1 reportusr reportusr 30M May 3 11:25... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: kraljic
5 Replies
Config::INI(3pm)					User Contributed Perl Documentation					  Config::INI(3pm)

NAME
Config::INI - simple .ini-file format VERSION
version 0.019 SYNOPSIS
Config-INI comes with code for reading .ini files: my $config_hash = Config::INI::Reader->read_file('config.ini'); ...and for writing ".ini" files: Config::INI::Writer->write_file({ somekey => 'somevalue' }, 'config.ini'); See Config::INI::Writer and Config::INI::Reader for more examples. GRAMMAR
This section describes the format parsed and produced by Config::INI::Reader and ::Writer. It is not an exhaustive and rigorously tested formal grammar, it's just a description of this particular implementation of the not-quite-standardized "INI" format. ini-file = { <section> | <empty-line> } empty-line = [ <space> ] <line-ending> section = <section-header> { <value-assignment> | <empty-line> } section-header = [ <space> ] "[" <section-name> "]" [ <space> ] <line-ending> section-name = string value-assignment = [ <space> ] <property-name> [ <space> ] "=" [ <space> ] <value> [ <space> ] <line-ending> property-name = string-without-equals value = string comment = <space> ";" [ <string> ] line-ending = [ <comment> ] <EOL> space = ( <TAB> | " " ) * string-without-equals = string - "=" string = ? 1+ characters; not ";" or EOL; begins and ends with non-space ? Of special note is the fact that no escaping mechanism is defined, meaning that there is no way to include an EOL or semicolon (for example) in a value, property name, or section name. If you need this, either subclass, wait for a subclass to be written for you, or find one of the many other INI-style parsers on the CPAN. The order of sections and value assignments within a section are not significant, except that given multiple assignments to one property name within a section, only the final one is used. A section name may be used more than once; this will have the identical meaning as having all property assignments in all sections of that name in sequence. DON'T FORGET The definitions above refer to the format used by the Reader and Writer classes bundled in the Config-INI distribution. These classes are designed for easy subclassing, so it should be easy to replace their behavior with whatever behavior your want. Patches, feature requets, and bug reports are welcome -- but I'm more interested in making sure you can write a subclass that does what you need, and less in making Config-INI do what you want directly. THANKS
Thanks to Florian Ragwitz for improving the subclassability of Config-INI's modules, and for helping me do some of my first merging with git(7). ORIGIN
Originaly derived from Config::Tiny, by Adam Kennedy. AUTHOR
Ricardo Signes <rjbs@cpan.org> COPYRIGHT AND LICENSE
This software is copyright (c) 2007 by Ricardo Signes. This is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as the Perl 5 programming language system itself. perl v5.14.2 2011-12-15 Config::INI(3pm)