Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Messed up my boot environment or root profile Post 302358151 by Garball on Thursday 1st of October 2009 12:20:16 PM
Old 10-01-2009
Any help please!!!! I'm dead here! Thanks.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

how do u remove a messed up freebsd boot installation?

i messed up while installing freebsd into a dual os wannabe system. Now, how do i del it( so i wouldn't get prompted to choose freebsd during boot?)so that i could try installing a different flavour of linux? cheers:eek: (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: coffeecoolers
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Run non-root script as root with non-root environment

All, I want to run a non-root script as the root user with non-root environment variables with crontab. The non-root user would have environment variables for database access such as Oracle or Sybase. The root user does not have the Oracle or Sybase enviroment variables. I thought you could do... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: bubba112557
2 Replies

3. Solaris

Profile and environment variable

Hi, I'm using solaris 8 and I need to know where I can add the following variable to have it applied to all my user Ids. I tried to add this to /etc/profile but not working when i check with "env" command : export PW_MATRIX=/usr/local/ccms/security/dat/.PASSWORD_MATRIX export... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: unclefab
2 Replies

4. Solaris

.profile for root ?

Hi friends, On a Solaris system is the .profile executed for the user root also as it is for any normal user ? if i have to change the PATH variable can i add it to the .profile? and by default ther .profile is not found in the / directory. i can see it in /etc as /etc/profile. Should i... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sveera
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

How is .profile and environment variable linked..

:( 1.) How is .profile and environment variable linked.? 2.) What happens when we execute a script.? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: guhas
3 Replies

6. Solaris

Where's the .profile environment config for root under Bourne shell?

I don't know where the environment config file for root user is in the Bourne shell on Solaris 10? Can you help me, or am I helpless???? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Joncamp
2 Replies

7. AIX

Environment variable values encrption in profile

Hello This is the format of present profile which we use for a AIX user export DMRUNuser ; DMRUNuser="owbrunuser_10" export DMRUNpasswd ; DMRUNpasswd="ods$12345" DMRUNuser&DMRUNpasswd were the environmental users which store the user id and password of a... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: kalpana.anuga
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

User profile, environment

Hello , i am on sles 11, and i can't figure out how can i locate my profile file, the one that is use for setting the environment when i log in. oracle@r200:~> cd oracle@r200:~> pwd /opt/oracle oracle@r200:~> echo $SHELL /bin/bash oracle@r200:~> oracle@r200:~> cat .profile cat: .profile:... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: tonijel
4 Replies

9. AIX

Profile environment variables lost after mksysb restore

Hello. I restore an mksysb image (AIX 5.3 TL 11) from one model to another model of Power (power 5 to power 7). Everything seems good, but I lost environment variables of at least one of a user profile. The result of the "env" command show me great differences between two servers, first of them... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: stephnane
2 Replies

10. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Issue Regarding environment/.profile file

Hi All, I have my own .profile file and environment file. To execute some commands I always need to load some module using module command and change my environment files to project environment file (. /some/project/some/path/init.environ).Without changing my environment file to project file,... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: saps19
2 Replies
PCKBD(4)						   BSD Kernel Interfaces Manual 						  PCKBD(4)

NAME
pckbd -- PC keyboard driver for wscons SYNOPSIS
pckbc* at isa? pckbd* at pckbc? wskbd* at pckbd? console ? options PCKBD_LAYOUT=XXX DESCRIPTION
This driver supports PC/AT keyboards within the wscons(4) console framework. It doesn't provide direct device driver entry points but makes its functions available via the internal wskbd(4) interface. The pckbd driver supports a number of different key mappings which can be chosen from with the kernel option PCKBD_LAYOUT at compile time or with the utility wsconsctl(8) (variable: ``encoding'') at runtime. Other mappings can be used if the whole keymap is replaced by means of wsconsctl(8). The builtin mappings are at this time: option wsconsctl language KB_US us English/US keyboard mapping (default) KB_UK uk English/UK keyboard mapping KB_BE be Belgian KB_CZ cz Czech (QWERTY) KB_DK dk Danish with ``dead accents'' KB_NL nl Dutch KB_FI fi Finnish KB_FR fr French KB_DE de German with ``dead accents'' KB_GR gr Greek KB_HU hu Hungarian KB_IT it Italian KB_JP jp Japanese KB_NO no Norwegian with ``dead accents'' KB_PL pl Polish KB_PT pt Portuguese KB_RU ru Russian KB_ES es Spanish KB_SV sv Swedish with ``dead accents'' KB_SF sf Swiss French KB_SG sg Swiss German KB_UA ua Ukrainian KB_US|KB_DECLK us.declk English/US mapping for DEC LK400-style keyboards with PC keyboard interface (e.g., LK461) KB_US|KB_DVORAK us.dvorak English/US keyboard with ``Dvorak'' layout KB_US|KB_COLEMAK us.colemak English/US keyboard with ``Colemak'' layout The KB_DE, KB_DK, KB_NO and KB_SV mappings can be used in the KB_NODEAD ( ``.nodead'') variant. This switches off the ``dead accents''. The KB_US, KB_JP and KB_US|KB_DVORAK mappings can be modified to swap the left CTRL and the CAPS LOCK keys by the KB_SWAPCTRLCAPS variant bit or the ``.swapctrlcaps'' suffix. The KB_METAESC ( ``.metaesc'') option can be applied to any layout. If set, keys pressed together with the ALT modifier are prefixed by an ESC character. (Standard behaviour is to add 128 to the ASCII value.) Because PC keyboard hardware doesn't contain a beeper, requests for ``keyboard beeps'' cannot be handled directly. On alpha and i386 a helper device attached to the pcppi(4) driver allows the use of the standard ISA speaker for this purpose. On acorn32, vidcaudio(4) performs this function. EXAMPLES
To set a German keyboard layout without ``dead accents'' and sending an ESC character before the key symbol if the ALT key is pressed simul- taneously, use wsconsctl -w encoding=de.nodead.metaesc. To set it at kernel build time, add options PCKBD_LAYOUT="(KB_DE | KB_NODEAD | KB_METAESC)" to the kernel configuration file. SEE ALSO
isa(4), pcppi(4), wskbd(4), wsconsctl(8) BUGS
The list of builtin mappings doesn't follow any logic. It grew as people submitted what they needed. BSD
July 22, 2011 BSD