Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Messed up my boot environment or root profile Post 302358151 by Garball on Thursday 1st of October 2009 12:20:16 PM
Old 10-01-2009
Any help please!!!! I'm dead here! Thanks.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

how do u remove a messed up freebsd boot installation?

i messed up while installing freebsd into a dual os wannabe system. Now, how do i del it( so i wouldn't get prompted to choose freebsd during boot?)so that i could try installing a different flavour of linux? cheers:eek: (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: coffeecoolers
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Run non-root script as root with non-root environment

All, I want to run a non-root script as the root user with non-root environment variables with crontab. The non-root user would have environment variables for database access such as Oracle or Sybase. The root user does not have the Oracle or Sybase enviroment variables. I thought you could do... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: bubba112557
2 Replies

3. Solaris

Profile and environment variable

Hi, I'm using solaris 8 and I need to know where I can add the following variable to have it applied to all my user Ids. I tried to add this to /etc/profile but not working when i check with "env" command : export PW_MATRIX=/usr/local/ccms/security/dat/.PASSWORD_MATRIX export... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: unclefab
2 Replies

4. Solaris

.profile for root ?

Hi friends, On a Solaris system is the .profile executed for the user root also as it is for any normal user ? if i have to change the PATH variable can i add it to the .profile? and by default ther .profile is not found in the / directory. i can see it in /etc as /etc/profile. Should i... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sveera
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

How is .profile and environment variable linked..

:( 1.) How is .profile and environment variable linked.? 2.) What happens when we execute a script.? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: guhas
3 Replies

6. Solaris

Where's the .profile environment config for root under Bourne shell?

I don't know where the environment config file for root user is in the Bourne shell on Solaris 10? Can you help me, or am I helpless???? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Joncamp
2 Replies

7. AIX

Environment variable values encrption in profile

Hello This is the format of present profile which we use for a AIX user export DMRUNuser ; DMRUNuser="owbrunuser_10" export DMRUNpasswd ; DMRUNpasswd="ods$12345" DMRUNuser&DMRUNpasswd were the environmental users which store the user id and password of a... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: kalpana.anuga
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

User profile, environment

Hello , i am on sles 11, and i can't figure out how can i locate my profile file, the one that is use for setting the environment when i log in. oracle@r200:~> cd oracle@r200:~> pwd /opt/oracle oracle@r200:~> echo $SHELL /bin/bash oracle@r200:~> oracle@r200:~> cat .profile cat: .profile:... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: tonijel
4 Replies

9. AIX

Profile environment variables lost after mksysb restore

Hello. I restore an mksysb image (AIX 5.3 TL 11) from one model to another model of Power (power 5 to power 7). Everything seems good, but I lost environment variables of at least one of a user profile. The result of the "env" command show me great differences between two servers, first of them... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: stephnane
2 Replies

10. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Issue Regarding environment/.profile file

Hi All, I have my own .profile file and environment file. To execute some commands I always need to load some module using module command and change my environment files to project environment file (. /some/project/some/path/init.environ).Without changing my environment file to project file,... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: saps19
2 Replies
KANIF.CONF(5)					      kanif.conf configuration file for kanif					     KANIF.CONF(5)

NAME
kanif.conf - configuration file for kanif SYNOPSIS
$HOME/.kanif.conf, /etc/kanif.conf or /etc/c3.conf DESCRIPTION
kanif.conf is the configuration file for kanif. It is optional and only helps the management of static clusters (configurations that do not change much over time). It mimics the syntax of C3 configuration file. It is composed of a sequence of one or more cluster definitions. Each cluster definition is made of the word "cluster" followed by the cluster name and, enclosed in a pair of curly braces : o the front node specification. This is either: o a simple hostname which can be reached from the inside of the cluster (compute nodes). o two names separated by a colon. The first name is the name used from the outside to log on the front node (not used by kanif). The second is the name used from the cluster compute nodes to reach the front node. o an hostname with a colon prepended. This is used for indirect clusters. These are not supported by kanif at this time. o zero or more compute nodes specifications: o a simple hostname (anything that is not of the following form) o an host set made of a prefix, a range and a suffix. o an exclude directive that must follow an host set or another exclude directive. This is made of the word "exclude" followed on the same line by either a single number or an interval between brackets. This applies to the range of the preceding host set. If the exclusion is an interval, the separator between the word "exclude" and this exclusion is optional. o a dead node. The word "dead" followed by the name of the dead node on the same line. Notice that all nodes excluded (using exclude directives or dead nodes) will not take part of the deployment, but are still taken into account in cluster ranges when giving machines specifications to kanif (they are kind of placeholders). This is the interest of specifying nodes as dead or excluded rather than dropping them from the definitions. EXAMPLE
cluster megacluster { # The # character introduce comments megacluster-dev megacluster0[1-9] megacluster[10-64] } cluster supercluster { super-ext:super-int exclude # The host "exclude" super[01-99] exclude 02 # "super02" is excluded exclude[90-95] # "super90" to "super95" are excluded dead # The host "dead" dead othernode # "othernode" is dead } SEE ALSO
kanif(1), taktuk(1) AUTHOR
The author of kanif and current maintainer of the package is Guillaume Huard. Acknowledgements to Lucas Nussbaum for the idea of the name "kanif". COPYRIGHT
kanif is provided under the terms of the GNU General Public License version 2 or later. perl v5.14.2 2012-06-22 KANIF.CONF(5)