Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: awk one liner
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting awk one liner Post 302357973 by repinementer on Thursday 1st of October 2009 05:05:20 AM
Old 10-01-2009
haha.
Always I would try to go with or write precise answers for any problems I come across.
actually I tried solving the problem above for a while. But quiet didn't get it though managed with some ugly code. Finally I posted with lot of hesitation.

In last post post I solved my problem my self and posted along with the problem. (some one moked at my code coz its bit ugly). Anways he gave the best code.

this forums helps me understanding awk and others but some times finding hard at the attitude of few.(you not on the list haha)

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

3 files in one awk one liner

I have three files and I have to do something like this:- File A 1232|||1111 0001||| 1232|||2222 0001||| 1232|||4444 0001||| 1232|||4444 0001||| File B 1232|1111 0001|||002222|| 1232|2222 0001|||003333|| 1232|3333 0001|||004444|| File C 1232|002222||| 1232|005555||| Files are... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: kishal
4 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

awk one liner

I need a one liner to" find /pattern/ print from x lines before "pattern" to y lines after "pattern" (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: kenneth.mcbride
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

grep-awk one liner help

Hi guys, I'm trying to create a one line command that does the following. I will post my command first so you can get the idea better: ls -larht | awk '{print $4}' | uniq | xargs grep * __________ ls -larht | awk '{print $4}' | uniq This will post the name of the groups of each file... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: erick_tuk
2 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

need an awk one liner

example input file: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: kenneth.mcbride
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Awk one-liner?

Hello, I have two files... File #1 1 3 2 5 File #2 3 5 3 1 3 7 9 1 5 2 5 8 3 3 1 I need to extract all lines from File #2 where the first two columns match each line of File #1. So in the example, the output would be: 1 3 7 2 5 8 Is there a quick one-liner that would... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: palex
4 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Search & Replace regex Perl one liner to AWK one liner

Thanks for giving your time and effort to answer questions and helping newbies like me understand awk. I have a huge file, millions of lines, so perl takes quite a bit of time, I'd like to convert these perl one liners to awk. Basically I'd like all lines with ISA sandwiched between... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: verge
9 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

figuring out an awk one liner

I have googled around a bit and could not find an answer to how this works: echo $STRING | awk '$0=$NF' FS= I know what each part is doing. The record is being set to equal the last field and the field separator is being set to null so that each character is considered a field. Why can FS= be... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: benalt
4 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

HELP with AWK one-liner. Need to employ an If condition inside AWK to check for array variable ?

Hello experts, I'm stuck with this script for three days now. Here's what i need. I need to split a large delimited (,) file into 2 files based on the value present in the last field. Samp: Something.csv bca,adc,asdf,123,12C bca,adc,asdf,123,13C def,adc,asdf,123,12A I need this split... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: shell_boy23
6 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

awk or sed one liner

I have a data base of part numbers: AAA Thing1 BBB Thing2 CCC Thing3 File one is a list of part numbers: XXXX AAA234 XXXX BBB678 XXXX CCC2345 Is there a sed one-line that would compare a data base with and replace the part numbers so that the output looks like this? XXXX AAA234... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: jimmyf
7 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk one liner

The below code is a simple modified sample from a file with millions of lines containing hundreds of extra columns xxx="yyy" ... <app addr="1.2.3.4" rem="1000" type="aaa" srv="server1" usr="user1"/> <app usr="user2" srv="server2" rem="1001" type="aab" addr="1.2.3.5"/>What's the most efficient awk... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: cabrao
2 Replies
ppmtosixel(1)						      General Commands Manual						     ppmtosixel(1)

NAME
ppmtosixel - convert a portable pixmap into DEC sixel format SYNOPSIS
ppmtosixel [-raw] [-margin] [ppmfile] DESCRIPTION
Reads a portable pixmap as input. Produces sixel commands (SIX) as output. The output is formatted for color printing, e.g. for a DEC LJ250 color inkjet printer. If RGB values from the PPM file do not have maxval=100, the RGB values are rescaled. A printer control header and a color assignment table begin the SIX file. Image data is written in a compressed format by default. A printer control footer ends the image file. OPTIONS
-raw If specified, each pixel will be explicitly described in the image file. If -raw is not specified, output will default to com- pressed format in which identical adjacent pixels are replaced by "repeat pixel" commands. A raw file is often an order of magni- tude larger than a compressed file and prints much slower. -margin If -margin is not specified, the image will be start at the left margin (of the window, paper, or whatever). If -margin is speci- fied, a 1.5 inch left margin will offset the image. PRINTING
Generally, sixel files must reach the printer unfiltered. Use the lpr -x option or cat filename > /dev/tty0?. BUGS
Upon rescaling, truncation of the least significant bits of RGB values may result in poor color conversion. If the original PPM maxval was greater than 100, rescaling also reduces the image depth. While the actual RGB values from the ppm file are more or less retained, the color palette of the LJ250 may not match the colors on your screen. This seems to be a printer limitation. SEE ALSO
ppm(5) AUTHOR
Copyright (C) 1991 by Rick Vinci. 26 April 1991 ppmtosixel(1)