Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Not able to catch psftp errors Post 302357945 by jim mcnamara on Thursday 1st of October 2009 03:35:20 AM
Old 10-01-2009
ftp has numbers that appear in the output, they are called return codes.
ftp returns one of the numbers for every operation it attempts. You have to parse the output of the ftp session for error return codes.

The return code from the ftp process does not reflect what went on during the sesssion.

see List of FTP server return codes - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to catch the rscyn errors?

Hi, In my code, I am running rsync, if any error comes, I have to wirte the error to temp file and I want to send this temp file content to specified email address, I am getting starnge outpout, can you pls help to solve this? My code is: tempfile=error.`date '+%m%d%Y_%H%M%SGMT'` rsync -az -e... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: redlotus72
3 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

search command using PSFTP

I need to search (grep?) a file and send results via email. How can I do this using PSFTP? I'm VERY new and could use all the assistance anyone would be willing to provide. Currently I log in via PUTTY (HP UX) and type the following... grep FILENAME /xxx/xxxxxx>/xxx/filename_typemanualdate... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: newbiepgrmr
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

instead of psftp?

psftp binary size is about to 300K and I need a smaller one. anyone suggests any idea? (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: zoque
4 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

catch unzip errors

Hi everybody, I'm new to linux world and I need your help!! I'm using vi to create a .sh script that process files moving them from a directory to another and unzipping a file. I need to catch errors while moving or unzipping files. For move command, I do: mv -f... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Laetitia
2 Replies

5. Linux

Help req for...shell script to catch "db2 connect" errors ...

Hello friends, Assume that, I am trying to execute a "db2 connect" command from Linux shell prompt via a shell script called "sample" sample db2 connect to bas39 $sample If the database is not present its should display a custom error message by catching the error message given by db2.... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: frozensmilz
1 Replies

6. Windows & DOS: Issues & Discussions

psftp from linux box to windows

Hi all pro I had a script from windows to put diff file from the linux box but i had stuck on it ,how to play around with the %1 @echo off "C:\putty\psftp" linux@1.1.1.1 -pw password -bc -b getfile.scr --getfile.scr lcd "C:\DATA" cd logs/ mget %1 Thanks jiajin (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: lijiajin
0 Replies

7. Windows & DOS: Issues & Discussions

PSFTP/PSCP: remotely deleting directory recursively

Hello, I'm looking for a way to use PSFTP or PSCP, executed from a batch file in Windows, to delete an entire folder and its contents. I can run a script using PSFTP which can use rm or rmdir, but the -rf command doesn't work. Any suggestions on another client to use in the same context, or a... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ocdcollector
2 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

PSFTP- Compare file size

Hi, I'm using PSFTP to transfer files from one machine to a virtual machine with UBUNTU OS installed on it. I'm trying to find a way to make sure the files that I'm uploading / downloading are being uploaded/ downloaded properly. I want to compare the size of the local file and the remote... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: sessie
0 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

psftp: get all files info in a choosen file

Dear all, We are trying to get file information in a file from our sftp server with the program psftp. lcd d:\sftpInfo cd serverInfo ls *.* > qqqqq.txt After running the ls command, we see all files who are in the serverInfo directory on the screen. No error is showed. Our question is:... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ton2204
3 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to catch errors in a shell script ( multiple commands )?

Hi I have a shell script like that Main() { DAY=$(date +"%d-%m-%Y") TIME=$(date +"%T") Command 1 Command 2 ... Command n } I would like to catch errors from all commands in Main() and write these errors into a file , something likes this: Main if < error > then echo... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: bobochacha29
3 Replies
ftp::geturl(n)							    ftp client							    ftp::geturl(n)

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

NAME
ftp::geturl - Uri handler for ftp urls SYNOPSIS
package require Tcl 8.2 package require ftp::geturl ?0.2.1? ::ftp::geturl url _________________________________________________________________ DESCRIPTION
This package provides a command which wraps around the client side of the ftp protocol provided by package ftp to allow the retrieval of urls using the ftp schema. API
::ftp::geturl url This command can be used by the generic command ::uri::geturl (See package uri) to retrieve the contents of ftp urls. Internally it uses the commands of the package ftp to fulfill the request. The contents of a ftp url are defined as follows: file The contents of the specified file itself. directory A listing of the contents of the directory in key value notation where the file name is the key and its attributes the asso- ciated value. link The attributes of the link, including the path it refers to. BUGS, IDEAS, FEEDBACK This document, and the package it describes, will undoubtedly contain bugs and other problems. Please report such in the category ftp of the Tcllib SF Trackers [http://sourceforge.net/tracker/?group_id=12883]. Please also report any ideas for enhancements you may have for either package and/or documentation. SEE ALSO
ftpd, mime, pop3, smtp KEYWORDS
ftp, internet, net, rfc 959 CATEGORY
Networking ftp 0.2.1 ftp::geturl(n)