Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Passing space separated value to a function - error Post 302357622 by pravin27 on Wednesday 30th of September 2009 09:14:19 AM
Old 09-30-2009
Hi,
If you want to print all the arguments the use $@

function namesCheck()
{
echo $@
}

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Parameter passing in a function

I need to pass a parameter to a function in a script. My parameter is a string. When I display the parameter within my function, I only get the first word from string I pass in. How can I make the function receive the whole string (and not terminate at the first space it encounters)?. part of... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: fastgoon
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Passing global variable to a function which is called by another function

Hi , I have three funcions f1, f2 and f3 . f1 calls f2 and f2 calls f3 . I have a global variable "period" which i want to pass to f3 . Can i pass the variable directly in the definition of f3 ? Pls help . sars (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: sars
4 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Problem while using grep (multi-level) with the space-separated filepath.

Hi, I've been trying to use grep to find out all the files which have two particular patterns in it (both pattern1 AND pattern2). I have a script to do the same, in which I'm getting the output of the first grep (with -l option) which contains the list of file paths and I'm trying to search for... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: NanJ
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to loop through space separated values?

How do I loop thru space separated values in a variable? I hate to use very complicated counter increment logic for this kind of simple problem. Expected result(using ksh) $>echo "aaa bbbb cccc" | <looping code here> var=aaa var=bbbb var=cccc $>echo "aaa bbbb cccc" | while IFS=" "... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: kchinnam
12 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Passing arguments that contain space

hi All, i am trying to pass arguments that contain space , value will be stored in variables to be used further in script , i went thru previous posting , still its not clear to how to implement for my case. passing 3 args test.sh it is 'fun to work in unix' inside shell ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: gvkk
3 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

[solved] Comma separated values to space separated

Hi, I have a large number of files which are written as csv (comma-separated values). Does anyone know of simple sed/awk command do achieve this? Thanks! ---------- Post updated at 10:59 AM ---------- Previous update was at 10:54 AM ---------- Guess I asked this too soon. Found the... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: lost.identity
0 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How convert space separated list to matched columns?

Hi I have been racking my (limited) brains to get this to work without success I have a file output which is a list of lists - ie a single column of data that is separated by space into sub lists below - I need to both split this so that each list is in a separate column (eg tab or semicolon... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: Manchesterpaul
8 Replies

8. Homework & Coursework Questions

C++ Attempting to modify this function to read from a (;) semi-colon-separated file

After some thought. I am uncomfortable issuing my professors name where, there may be unintended side effects from any negative responses/feedback. Willing to re post if I can omit school / professor publicly, but can message moderator for validation? I am here for knowledge and understanding,... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: briandanielz
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need Help on For Loop to pass space separated value as one value

Hi, I am having a file say list1 with a output like below jun 12 18:23 may 20 18:23 Now i want to pass the above two values into for loop,I have written a script like this. #!/bin/bash a=`cat list1` for i in $a do echo "HI $i" done expected output: HI jun 12 18:23 (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: sumanthupar
3 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Passing variable value in a function to be used by another function

Hello All, I would like to ask help from you on how to pass variable value from a function that has been called inside the function. I have created below and put the variables in " ". Is there another way I can do this? Thank you in advance. readtasklist() { while read -r mod ver... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: aderamos12
1 Replies
ROUND(3)								 1								  ROUND(3)

round - Rounds a float

SYNOPSIS
float round (float $val, [int $precision], [int $mode = PHP_ROUND_HALF_UP]) DESCRIPTION
Returns the rounded value of $val to specified $precision (number of digits after the decimal point). $precision can also be negative or zero (default). Note PHP doesn't handle strings like "12,300.2" correctly by default. See converting from strings. PARAMETERS
o $val - The value to round o $precision - The optional number of decimal digits to round to. o $mode - Use one of the following constants to specify the mode in which rounding occurs. +--------------------+---------------------------------------------------+ | Constant | | | | | | | Description | | | | +--------------------+---------------------------------------------------+ | | | | PHP_ROUND_HALF_UP | | | | | | | Round $val up to $precision decimal places away | | | from zero, when it is half way there. Making 1.5 | | | into 2 and -1.5 into -2. | | | | | | | |PHP_ROUND_HALF_DOWN | | | | | | | Round $val down to $precision decimal places | | | towards zero, when it is half way there. Making | | | 1.5 into 1 and -1.5 into -1. | | | | | | | |PHP_ROUND_HALF_EVEN | | | | | | | Round $val to $precision decimal places towards | | | the next even value. | | | | | | | |PHP_ROUND_HALF_ODD | | | | | | | Round $val to $precision decimal places towards | | | the next odd value. | | | | +--------------------+---------------------------------------------------+ RETURN VALUES
The rounded value EXAMPLES
Example #1 round(3) examples <?php echo round(3.4); // 3 echo round(3.5); // 4 echo round(3.6); // 4 echo round(3.6, 0); // 4 echo round(1.95583, 2); // 1.96 echo round(1241757, -3); // 1242000 echo round(5.045, 2); // 5.05 echo round(5.055, 2); // 5.06 ?> Example #2 $mode examples <?php echo round(9.5, 0, PHP_ROUND_HALF_UP); // 10 echo round(9.5, 0, PHP_ROUND_HALF_DOWN); // 9 echo round(9.5, 0, PHP_ROUND_HALF_EVEN); // 10 echo round(9.5, 0, PHP_ROUND_HALF_ODD); // 9 echo round(8.5, 0, PHP_ROUND_HALF_UP); // 9 echo round(8.5, 0, PHP_ROUND_HALF_DOWN); // 8 echo round(8.5, 0, PHP_ROUND_HALF_EVEN); // 8 echo round(8.5, 0, PHP_ROUND_HALF_ODD); // 9 ?> Example #3 $mode with precision examples <?php /* Using PHP_ROUND_HALF_UP with 1 decimal digit precision */ echo round( 1.55, 1, PHP_ROUND_HALF_UP); // 1.6 echo round( 1.54, 1, PHP_ROUND_HALF_UP); // 1.5 echo round(-1.55, 1, PHP_ROUND_HALF_UP); // -1.6 echo round(-1.54, 1, PHP_ROUND_HALF_UP); // -1.5 /* Using PHP_ROUND_HALF_DOWN with 1 decimal digit precision */ echo round( 1.55, 1, PHP_ROUND_HALF_DOWN); // 1.5 echo round( 1.54, 1, PHP_ROUND_HALF_DOWN); // 1.5 echo round(-1.55, 1, PHP_ROUND_HALF_DOWN); // -1.5 echo round(-1.54, 1, PHP_ROUND_HALF_DOWN); // -1.5 /* Using PHP_ROUND_HALF_EVEN with 1 decimal digit precision */ echo round( 1.55, 1, PHP_ROUND_HALF_EVEN); // 1.6 echo round( 1.54, 1, PHP_ROUND_HALF_EVEN); // 1.5 echo round(-1.55, 1, PHP_ROUND_HALF_EVEN); // -1.6 echo round(-1.54, 1, PHP_ROUND_HALF_EVEN); // -1.5 /* Using PHP_ROUND_HALF_ODD with 1 decimal digit precision */ echo round( 1.55, 1, PHP_ROUND_HALF_ODD); // 1.5 echo round( 1.54, 1, PHP_ROUND_HALF_ODD); // 1.5 echo round(-1.55, 1, PHP_ROUND_HALF_ODD); // -1.5 echo round(-1.54, 1, PHP_ROUND_HALF_ODD); // -1.5 ?> CHANGELOG
+--------+---------------------------------------------------+ |Version | | | | | | | Description | | | | +--------+---------------------------------------------------+ | 5.3.0 | | | | | | | The $mode parameter was introduced. | | | | | 5.2.7 | | | | | | | The inner workings of round(3) was changed to | | | conform to the C99 standard. | | | | +--------+---------------------------------------------------+ SEE ALSO
ceil(3), floor(3), number_format(3). PHP Documentation Group ROUND(3)