Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Securing remote connections
Operating Systems Linux Securing remote connections Post 302357579 by AlbertGM on Wednesday 30th of September 2009 07:48:57 AM
Old 09-30-2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by Radar
You can use the AllowUsers directive of sshd_config
Thanks Radar,
I'll try it. I hope it makes first question answered!!

Any response in second one?

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Cybersecurity

securing a remote box

someone has access to my server... I've got a solaris 7 box with remote access only. many of the services don't have passwords and someone recently messed with the shadow file -the root: line was changed: . password field was changed to NP . the number after that was changed too The... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: sphiengollie
8 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Securing arguments

OK here is my problem. Ive been trying to write a script where i use the order "find". For example if i wont to find some file in the sql_work directory using the script. You use the command: loc sql_work "q*" in order to find all the queries in the directory. Is there any other way to do it,... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: SolidSnake
0 Replies

3. AIX

securing a shell

I would like to secure a shell script from being broken out of with Ctrl-C or equivalent. Once a user logs in, he should not be able to exit to the command prompt. any ideas. Thank you J (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jhansrod
1 Replies

4. Solaris

Unable to open remote connections

Hello everybody, This is an unusual problem that I am facing on my Solaris 9 on Sun Blade 150 workstation. I can ping remote machines (outside subnet) but I can't open up a connection/port on those machines. For example, `ping ftp.xyz.com` gives ftp.xyz.com is alive but if I do a `ftp... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: red_crab
1 Replies

5. Cybersecurity

Securing Passwords

Hi All, I'd like to give you an example of what I am trying to achieve and perhaps you might be able to help me along. I would like to add the following criteria to new servers, from a password aging and lockout standpoint. -Number of failed logins before lockout: = 5 -Number of Passwords... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mkono
1 Replies

6. BSD

Remote connections unable after power falls

Hi everyone: I have a server used for testing running FreeBSD, last weekend we had power cuts in my job and our server was constantly rebooting. since then the network connections are very slow, it's almost impossible establish a remote connection with the server, however running any... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: edgarvm
2 Replies

7. AIX

Securing AIX

Guys, i want to securing AIX after install by scratch. Is anybody can inform about the standard port which used by AIX? (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: michlix
4 Replies

8. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

See AIX server remote connections

Good morning, Is there any command to view remote conxiones an AIX server? Thank you very much and best regards. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: systemoper
1 Replies
LINUX(4)						   BSD Kernel Interfaces Manual 						  LINUX(4)

NAME
linux -- Linux ABI support SYNOPSIS
To compile support for this ABI into an i386 kernel place the following line in your kernel configuration file: options COMPAT_LINUX for an amd64 kernel use: options COMPAT_LINUX32 Alternatively, to load the ABI as a module at boot time, place the following line in loader.conf(5): linux_load="YES" DESCRIPTION
The linux module provides limited Linux ABI (application binary interface) compatibility for userland applications. The module provides the following significant facilities: o An image activator for correctly branded elf(5) executable images o Special signal handling for activated images o Linux to native system call translation It is important to note that the Linux ABI support it not provided through an emulator. Rather, a true (albeit limited) ABI implementation is provided. The following sysctl(8) tunable variables are available: compat.linux.osname Linux kernel operating system name. compat.linux.osrelease Linux kernel operating system release. Changing this to something else is discouraged on non-development systems, because it may change the way Linux programs work. Recent versions of GNU libc are known to use different syscalls depending on the value of this sysctl. compat.linux.oss_version Linux Open Sound System version. The linux module can be linked into the kernel statically with the COMPAT_LINUX kernel configuration option or loaded as required. The fol- lowing command will load the module if it is neither linked into the kernel nor already loaded as a module: if ! kldstat -v | grep -E 'linux(aout|elf)' > /dev/null; then kldload linux > /dev/null 2>&1 fi Note that dynamically linked Linux executables will require a suitable environment in /compat/linux. Specifically, the Linux run-time linker's hints files should be correctly initialized. For this reason, it is common to execute the following commands to prepare the system to correctly run Linux executables: if [ -x /compat/linux/sbin/ldconfig ]; then /compat/linux/sbin/ldconfig -r /compat/linux fi For information on loading the linux kernel loadable module automatically on system startup, see rc.conf(5). This information applies regardless of whether the linux module is statically linked into the kernel or loaded as a module. FILES
/compat/linux minimal Linux run-time environment /compat/linux/proc limited Linux process file system /compat/linux/sys limited Linux system file system SEE ALSO
brandelf(1), elf(5), linprocfs(5), linsysfs(5) HISTORY
Linux ABI support first appeared in FreeBSD 2.1. BSD
February 8, 2010 BSD