Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: 11.31 System Memory too high
Operating Systems HP-UX 11.31 System Memory too high Post 302357546 by RuBiCK on Wednesday 30th of September 2009 06:31:54 AM
Old 09-30-2009
Try to found wich proccesses are takeing up heavy memory with glance or top and maybe you will discover a proccesses wich are causing this issue.

I my servers I discovered a few proccesses (3rd party) wich give some problems in 11.31 and worked fine in 11.23.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

Sendmail is eating high memory

Hi, I have installed sendmail on my solaris server. But sendmail its up high memory. its eat upto around 9-10 GB memory. What to do in this ? Thanks NeeleshG (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: neel.gurjar
6 Replies

2. AIX

High memory usage in AIX 5.1

Hi, We have AIX 5.1 machine of RAM 8 GB and paging space is 8GB. we are getting high memory usage of almost 99%.Can anybody please help in this ? Partial vmstat o/p kthr memory ----- ----------- r b avm fre 2 1 278727 1143 There is no paging issue.Becoz in... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: jayakumarrt
5 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

High use of cache memory

Hi, I'm running a debian lenny 1GB ram, but with a high I/O. This server has 400IOPS and 3MB/s sustain. So, I noted cached memory use 800MB, buffered memory use 50MB, and no free memory is available. Questions: What does mean such a high cached memory? Who's using this cached memory? Is... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: iga3725
3 Replies

4. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Memory usage shown is high

Hello all, I am facing a memory related issue on my linux that is CentOS 4.0. What I see as an output of top command, free command is that memory usage is almost 90% which is quite high without much load on the system. This is continuously showing 90% or so of memory usage with top or free... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: radiatejava
2 Replies

5. AIX

AIX memory usage always high

hi, I want to ask , my AIX 6.1 is always used about 97% memory. Is this normal ? or any command can free up memory like Linux ? thanks. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: virusxx
1 Replies

6. Emergency UNIX and Linux Support

High CPU+Memory comsumption

Hi All, I have Solaris-9, Sun Fire V1280 with uptime of 501 Days. My Big brother monitoring showing me 90% + memory utilization on this box. Since this is production box, I can not reboot it. Is there way to know, what is consuming so much ? It is affecting my other environment on the box.... (16 Replies)
Discussion started by: solaris_1977
16 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

what would a script include to find CPU's %system time high and user time high?

Hi , I am trying to :wall: my head while scripting ..I am really new to this stuff , never did it before :( . how to find cpu's system high time and user time high in a script?? thanks , help would be appreciated ! :) (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: sushwey
9 Replies

8. Solaris

[DOUBT] Memory high in idle process on Solaris 10 (Memory Utilization > 90%)

Hi Experts, Our servers running Solaris 10 with SAP Application. The memory utilization always >90%, but the process on SAP is too less even nothing. Why memory utilization on solaris always looks high? I have statement about memory on solaris, is this true: Memory in solaris is used for... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: edydsuranta
4 Replies

9. Solaris

High Memory Utilization

Hello Guys, I have one Solaris server with high memory utilization >90%. As per checking, below is the output for memory usage. bash-3.00# ps -efo pmem,uid,pid,ppid,pcpu,comm | sort -r %MEM UID PID PPID %CPU COMMAND 1.7 29496 20668 1 0.0 /opt/app/iw-home/tools/java/bin/java 1.5... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: myrpthidesis
1 Replies

10. HP-UX

HP-UX server showing high memory utilization

Hi All, I am using HP-UX 11i v1(B11.11) servers for my work and its memory (RAM) utilization is consistenly 80% for the last one year. Though I am not facing any issues with this high memory utilization I just want to know the below queries: 1) Is it the default behavior of HP-UX systems? 2)... (20 Replies)
Discussion started by: ssk250
20 Replies
GPT(1)							      General Commands Manual							    GPT(1)

NAME
gpt - compiler, interpreter and translator for the G-Portugol programming language SYNOPSIS
gpt [ -vhid ] [ -ots output_file ] file1 file2 ... DESCRIPTION
gpt is a simple compiler for the G-Porutol Language. It is possible to have a list of files to be included in the compilation setting the GPT_INCLUDE environment variable, wich should have a list of file paths separated with ":". OPTIONS
-v Shows version information and exits. -h Shows a summary of options and exits. -i Execute interpreting the source code. -d Shows tips in the error report. -o output_file Compile the source code and save the resulting binary with the name output_file. -t output_file Translates the source code to the C programming language and saves the resulting file as output_file. -s output_file Compiles the source code to assembly source. Saves the resulting code as output_file. SEE ALSO
nasm(1) ADDITIONAL INFORMATION
For further information, visit the website: http://gpt.berlios.de AUTHOR
Thiago Silva <tsilva@sourcecraft.info> GPT(1)