Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Automation shell scripting
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Automation shell scripting Post 302357270 by poons on Tuesday 29th of September 2009 08:53:44 AM
Old 09-29-2009
Automation shell scripting

Hi All,

Consider my script is getting input [interactive mode] from user under utc/stb path. I should automate the script by reading inputs from .txt file. Whenever script is prompting for input, it should read from input file. Now, i have to create a script in different path that should run my old script by reading input from txt file.Can anyone help me on this?

Thanks,
Poons

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell script automation using case statement

Hi, I'm trying to write a shell script that has a menu and then dependant on the selection, will automate some samba file transfer. The problem is when I run the code without the case statement it runs fine. but when I put the case statement in the only way I can get the code to run is to... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: ianf
6 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

difference between AIX shell scripting and Unix shell scripting.

please give the difference between AIX shell scripting and Unix shell scripting. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: haroonec
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

korn shell automation problem!

I got the task writting Korn Shell script to automate the tuxedo login so that users neednot have to enter options manually. I have done that using expect tool from the Unix but my manger told me its not secure so you have to do that using Kornshell without using Expect. Here is the way to login to... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: pareshan
0 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help with Shell Script automation

can someone look into this one please... I am struck at this point. I do not know what logic to be followed here. I can go ahead with my work only, if this step is done. Please Help. I have a process X in a shell script. Once the process X is done, it generates a log file. Process X is basically... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ss3944
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Call Shell scripting from Perl Scripting.

Hi How to call a shell scripting through a Perl scripting? Actually I need some value from Shell scripting and passes in the Perl scripting. So how can i do this? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: anupdas
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help with Truststore automation shell script

Please close this thread. I have raise this question in appropriate thread. Thanks (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: KuldeepSinghTCS
0 Replies

7. What is on Your Mind?

Shell scripting vs Perl scripting

Hi all, I would like to start developping some good scripting skills. Do you think it would be best to start with shell scripting or Perl? I already got a fundation, really basics, in perl. but I am wondering what would be best to be good at first. Can you please help me determine which one to... (14 Replies)
Discussion started by: Pouchie1
14 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Scripting for automation

Hi, I would like to know about a automated script which would collect data on a regular day to day basis at a particular time and stores it in a defined path for business analysis. Any help on this is highly appreciable!! Thanks Sara (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: sara23
6 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

shell script help needed to manage FTP automation

Hi, I am very new in shell scripting. Have managed to prepare a script which will work to download data to local directory. But facing below problem. :wall: Please help me out. Thanks in advance. Problem: 1. I am unable to use delete command to delete data in the ftp location (I have... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ImranBD
2 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell script automation using cron which query's MySQL Tables

What I have: I have a input.sh (script which basically connect to mysql-db and query's multiple tables to write back the output to output1.out file in a directory) note: I need to pass an integer (unique_id = anything b/w 1- 1000) next to the script everytime I run the script which generates... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: kkpand
3 Replies
AUTOSUPPORT(8)						     Linux Programmer's Manual						    AUTOSUPPORT(8)

NAME
autosupport -- interactive script to provide Digium[tm]'s support with information SYNOPSIS
autosupport [OPTION] [prefix] DESCRIPTION
autosupport is a script that is normally run by a user contacting Digium's Technical Support to automate gathering support information. It will probe the system for some run-time and system information, and generate a backup of Asterisk related configuration. An optional param- eter for a prefix may be specified which is typically used to specify a Digium Technical Support Ticket ID. The script requires root privileges to run, and writes all output in the home directory of the user running the script. For the purposes of this document, this will be referred to as /root/ henceforth. The system information is written to /root/digiuminfo.txt and the backup of configuration (and the system information file) are written to a tarball in /root/ with a base name of digium-info. A Date Stamp will be appended, and if specified the optional parameter will be a pre- fix. The tarball at least is expected to be attached to a support ticket with Digium. OPTIONS
Arguments: prefix Used to prefix the file names. Typically a Digium Technical Support Ticket ID Options: -n, --non-interactive Run without requiring user input -h, --help Show help about options FILES
/root/digiuminfo.txt /root/digium-info_YYYYMMDD.tar.gz SEE ALSO
asterisk(8) AUTHOR
autosupport was written by John Bigelow <support@digium.com> in conjunction with Charles Moye and Trey Blancher. This manual page was writ- ten by Tzafrir Cohen <tzafrir.cohen@xorcom.com> and updated by Charles Moye. Permission is granted to copy, distribute and/or modify this document under the terms of the GNU General Public License, Version 2 any later version published by the Free Software Foundation. On Debian systems, the complete text of the GNU General Public License can be found in /usr/share/common-licenses/GPL-2. autosupport Dec 14th, 2011 AUTOSUPPORT(8)