Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users how to remove a file names as "-a" Post 302356567 by Scott on Saturday 26th of September 2009 05:40:59 AM
Old 09-26-2009
Hi.

There's a number of ways. One of the simplest is rm -- -a

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

File names that contain "01" act hidden

Haveing an issue. Anytime a file is created with "01" (zero one) in the name - it cannot be viewed by LS or any other file listing command. Although the file is there, it cannot be seen. I can edit it, run it, anything, except see it..... What happened? Any ideas? (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: n9ninchd
8 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to remove "New line characters" and "spaces" at a time

Dear friends, following is the output of a script from which I want to remove spaces and new-line characters. Example:- Line1 abcdefghijklmnopqrstuvwxyz Line2 mnopqrstuvwxyzabcdefghijkl Line3 opqrstuvwxyzabcdefdefg Here in above example, at every starting line there is a “tab” &... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: anushree.a
4 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Compare file names and select correct elements to include in "for each loop"

Hi everyone, I`ll try to be most clear I can explaining my help request. I have 2 folders Folder A-->This folder receives files through FTP constantly Folder B-->The files from Folder A are unzipped and then processed in Folder B Sometimes Folder A doesn`t contain all... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: cgkmal
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Remove ":" and join lines in outline file

I have a vim outliner file like this: Title title 2 :Testing now :testing 2 :testing 3 title 3 :testing :ttt :ttg Is there a way to use a script or command to remove... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: jostber
7 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk command to replace ";" with "|" and ""|" at diferent places in line of file

Hi, I have line in input file as below: 3G_CENTRAL;INDONESIA_(M)_TELKOMSEL;SPECIAL_WORLD_GRP_7_FA_2_TELKOMSEL My expected output for line in the file must be : "1-Radon1-cMOC_deg"|"LDIndex"|"3G_CENTRAL|INDONESIA_(M)_TELKOMSEL"|LAST|"SPECIAL_WORLD_GRP_7_FA_2_TELKOMSEL" Can someone... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: shis100
7 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

The "read" command misinterprets file names containing spaces

The "read" command, which is built into bash, takes words from the standard input. However, "read" is not good at taking file names if the file names contain spaces. I would like my bash script to ask the user to enter file names, which may contain spaces. Can you think about any technique for... (14 Replies)
Discussion started by: LessNux
14 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to use "cut" or "awk" or "sed" to remove a string

logs: "/home/abc/public_html/index.php" "/home/abc/public_html/index.php" "/home/xyz/public_html/index.php" "/home/xyz/public_html/index.php" "/home/xyz/public_html/index.php" how to use "cut" or "awk" or "sed" to get the following result: abc abc xyz xyz xyz (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: timmywong
8 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Using "mailx" command to read "to" and "cc" email addreses from input file

How to use "mailx" command to do e-mail reading the input file containing email address, where column 1 has name and column 2 containing “To” e-mail address and column 3 contains “cc” e-mail address to include with same email. Sample input file, email.txt Below is an sample code where... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: asjaiswal
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Compare Only "File Names" in 2 Files with file lists having different directory structure

I have a tar arcive arch_all.tar.gz and 4 batched tar archive . These batches are supposed to have all the files form arch1.all.tar.gz arch1_batch1.tar.gz arch1_batch2.tar.gz arch1_batch3.tar.gz arch1_batch4.tar.gz my issue is that the directory structure in "arch_all.tar.gz" is... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: sumang24
6 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Bash script - Print an ascii file using specific font "Latin Modern Mono 12" "regular" "9"

Hello. System : opensuse leap 42.3 I have a bash script that build a text file. I would like the last command doing : print_cmd -o page-left=43 -o page-right=22 -o page-top=28 -o page-bottom=43 -o font=LatinModernMono12:regular:9 some_file.txt where : print_cmd ::= some printing... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jcdole
1 Replies
SCF_Session_freeInfo(3SMARTCARD)			    Smartcard Library Functions 			  SCF_Session_freeInfo(3SMARTCARD)

NAME
SCF_Session_freeInfo, SCF_Terminal_freeInfo, SCF_Card_freeInfo - deallocate information storage SYNOPSIS
cc [ flag... ] file... -lsmartcard [ library...] #include <smartcard/scf.h> SCF_Status_t SCF_Session_freeInfo(SCF_Session_t session, void *value); SCF_Status_t SCF_Terminal_freeInfo(SCF_Terminal_t terminal, void *value); SCF_Status_t SCF_Card_freeInfo(SCF_Card_t card, void *value); PARAMETERS
card An object that was returned from SCF_Terminal_getCard(3SMARTCARD). This object must be associated with the information value being freed. session An object that was returned from SCF_Session_getSession(3SMARTCARD). This object must be associated with the information value being freed. terminal An object that was returned from SCF_Session_getTerminal(3SMARTCARD). This object must be associated with the information value being freed. value A pointer that was returned from a call to SCF_Session_getInfo(3SMARTCARD), SCF_Terminal_getInfo(3SMARTCARD), or SCF_Card_getInfo(3SMARTCARD). DESCRIPTION
When information is requested for an object (for example, by using SCF_Session_getInfo()), the result is placed in memory allocated for that request. This memory must eventually be deallocated, or a memory leak will result. The deallocation of memory can occur in one of two ways. o The simplest method is to allow the smartcard library to automatically deallocate memory when the object associated with the informa- tion is closed. For example, when SCF_Card_close(3SMARTCARD) is called, any information obtained from SCF_Card_getInfo() for that card object is deallocated. The application is not required to call SCF_Card_freeInfo() at all. o If the object persists for a long period of time, the application can explicitly request the information to be deallocated without closing the object, so that memory is not wasted on unneeded storage. Similarly, if an application repeatedly requests information about an object (even the same information), the application can explicitly request deallocation as needed, so that memory usage does not continue to increase until the object is closed. In general, requesting information to be deallocated can be used to reduce run- time memory bloat. Attempts to access deallocated memory result in undefined behavior. RETURN VALUES
If the information is successfully deallocated, SCF_STATUS_SUCCESS is returned. Otherwise, an error value is returned. ERRORS
These functions will fail if: SCF_STATUS_BADARGS The specified value cannot be deallocated, possibly because of an invalid pointer, a value already deallocated, or because the value is not associated with the specified session, terminal, or card. SCF_STATUS_BADHANDLE The specified session, terminal, or card has been closed or is invalid. SCF_STATUS_FAILED An internal error occured. EXAMPLES
Example 1: Free information. char *terminalName; SCF_Status_t status; SCF_Terminal_t myTerminal; /* (...call SCF_Session_getTerminal to open myTerminal...) */ status = SCF_Terminal_getInfo(myTerminal, "name", &terminalName); if (status != SCF_STATUS_SUCCESS) exit(1); printf("The terminal name is %s ", terminalName); status = SCF_Terminal_freeInfo(myTerminal, terminalName); if (status != SCF_STATUS_SUCCESS) exit(1); ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Interface Stability |Evolving | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |MT-Level |MT-Safe | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
libsmartcard(3LIB), SCF_Session_getInfo(3SMARTCARD), SCF_Session_getSession(3SMARTCARD), SCF_Session_getTerminal(3SMARTCARD), SCF_Termi- nal_getCard(3SMARTCARD), attributes(5) SunOS 5.10 28 Feb 2001 SCF_Session_freeInfo(3SMARTCARD)