Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: SMIT i AIX Sun Solaris ?
Operating Systems Solaris SMIT i AIX Sun Solaris ? Post 302356546 by DukeNuke2 on Saturday 26th of September 2009 02:59:21 AM
Old 09-26-2009
solaris has no smit. it's an aix only tool.

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

difference between AIX box and Sun Solaris box

Hi, I need a clarification. Is there any difference between AIX box and Sun Solaris box? The bzip command with -c option works in AIX box and the same does not work in Sun Solaris box. Can anyone please explain if there is an implementation difference in both these boxes for the shell... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: nisha4680
1 Replies

2. What is on Your Mind?

AIX Smit menu designer. WinSmit

Hi, Please excuse me for posting an "ad" message here. Over the last few months I have created software called WinSmit, with this tool you can create your own AIX smit menus and corresponding message files. We all know the smit or smitty menus that IBM provides to maintain the system, the... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: mimyrtek
6 Replies

3. AIX

Porting to AIX from Sun Solaris

Hi, When we tried to port our Pro*C programs from sun solaris to AIX, We get following error messages: The following library is not available... This library file is required for Pro*C Object Linking and Bin creation. /usr/lib/libnsl.so.1. Can anybody help us on this ? Regards rbs100 (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rbs100
1 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Probably an easy AIX-SMIT question with mkroute

Hi All, I am on a project and logging into about 100 servers one at a time. One of the steps I am performing is setting up a link with smit mkroute. I am using AIX versions 5.2 and 5.3 Does anyone know a quick command line to set DESTINATION ADDRESS, GATEWAY address, Network MASK, and... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: jeffpas
5 Replies

5. Solaris

Sun Fire 280R Sun Solaris CRT/Monitor requirements

I am new to Sun. I brought Sun Fire 280R to practice UNIX. What are the requirements for the monitor/CRT? Will it burn out old non-Sun CRTs? Does it need LCD monitor? Thanks. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: bramptonmt
3 Replies

6. Solaris

Which company's hardware is more stable, in case of IBM (AIX), HP (HPUX) & Sun (Solaris)

Hi guru I want to know which company's hardware is more stable means in term of H/W faults or replacement, in case of IBM (AIX), HP (HPUX) & SUN MICROSYSTEM (Solaris) & which order also, if we go through more stable to less stable system. Regards (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: girish.batra
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Using expect script with AIX's SMIT in cron

My searches turned up nothing relevant, so I apologize if this has already been looked at. I am trying to run an expect script from a Solaris machine, that ssh's into an AIX machine, and interacts with a SMIT created menu system that runs a few backups for me. The expect script runs fine when... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Mariognarly
0 Replies

8. AIX

How do I killed ideal users from AIX 5.3 smit?

Hi, I'm newbee to AIX and would like to setup a process which kills 1 Hr. ideal users from smit. Please advise for making it work. :) Thanks, Sumit (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sumit30
2 Replies

9. AIX

AIX 5.3 Using sudo to control smit

Does anyone have any experience using sudo to control smit on AIX 5.3? These are the smit commands that I want certain users to execute: # Cmnd alias specification Cmnd_Alias SMIT = /bin/smit hacmp, \ /bin/smit pxdam, \ /bin/smit cl_lsuser, \ /bin/smit cl_users, \ /bin/smit cl_passwd ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: tharrieswk
5 Replies
install-solaris(1M)													       install-solaris(1M)

NAME
install-solaris - install the Solaris operating system SYNOPSIS
install-solaris install-solaris invokes the Solaris Install program. Depending on graphical capability and available memory at the time of invocation, install-solaris invokes either a text-based installer or a graphical installer. The following minimum requirements for physical memory dictate which features are available during installation: For SPARC machines: 128 MB Minimum physical memory for all installation types 128 MB Minimum physical memory required for windowing system 384 MB Minimum physical memory required for graphical-based installation For x86 machines: 256 MB Minimum physical memory for all installation types 256 MB Minimum physical memory required for windowing system 512 MB Minimum physical memory required for graphical-based installation In some cases, even if the minimum physical memory is present, available virtual memory after system startup can limit the number of fea- tures available. install-solaris exists only on the Solaris installation media (CD or DVD) and should be invoked only from there. Refer to the for more details. install-solaris allows installation of the operating system onto any standalone system. install-solaris loads the software available on the installation media. Refer to the for disk space requirements. Refer to the for more information on the various menus and selections. See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWcdrom (Solaris instal- | | |lation media) | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Interface Stability |Evolving | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ pkginfo(1), install(1M), pkgadd(1M), attributes(5) It is advisable to exit install-solaris by means of the exit options in the install-solaris menus. 23 Sep 2005 install-solaris(1M)