Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Question on reading dates in folders/files Post 302356257 by freakman00 on Friday 25th of September 2009 03:47:48 AM
Old 09-25-2009
Hi!

Related with date command.
How can I create a file with yesterday's date?
I'm using the format: date "+%Y%m%d". I subtract 1 day, but it's useless when the month changes.

Thanks!!!

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

While we are on the subject of dates. Another date question

This goes deeper into the date thing. I want to be able to check the date and time stamp in or on a file to see what the time span is. We have a job that runs several times an hour - kicked off through cron based on a trigger file. We want to keep track of each run and check the time between... (14 Replies)
Discussion started by: MizzGail
14 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

reading files for specific dates

assume files are in a directory /data $ ls -ltr Just displaying Data and file name: 01/01/2004 file_3434_typea.dat 01/01/2004 file_3423_typea.dat 01/01/2004 file_3436_typea.dat 01/01/2004 file_3434_typeb.dat 01/01/2004 file_3423_typeb.dat 01/01/2004 file_3436_typeb.dat ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: siva_jm
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Awk question: Sum dates

Hi there, I have a logfile which has the following layout: 20080812 0 20 20080812 12 10 20080812 12 10 20080812 12 10 I want to sum the "12" on the last 3 lines and save the "20" on the first line. The final output should be 20080812 36 20 I think that should me more easier with... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: BufferExploder
6 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Reading text file and comparing the dates in Kshell

I have a text file in which holidays are listed as YYYYMMDD. Here is the sample data of the file. 20090911 20090912 20090913 I need to read this file and see if the current day is listed in this text file. If today and any of the rows in my text file match, I need to do further... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Pramodini Rode
2 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Searching for folders/parent folders not files.

Hello again, A little while back I got help with creating a command to search all directories and sub directories for files from daystart of day x. I'm wondering if there is a command that I've overlooked that may be able to search for / write folder names to an output file which ideally... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Aussiemick
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script to search specific folders dates /mm/dd/ structure

Hi, I have a script that handles a huge amount of log files from many machines and copies it into a SAN location with the following directory structure: /SAN/machinenames/yyyy/m/d so for example /SAN/hosta/2011/3/12/files* Now I am writing a bash script to search for files between to date... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: GermanJulian
4 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Reading the dates from a file & moving the files from a directory

Hi All, I am coding for a requirement where I need to read a file & get the values of SUB_DATE. Once the dates are found, i need to move the files based on these dates from one directory to another. ie, this is how it will be in the file, SUB_DATE = 20120608,20120607,20120606,20120606... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: dsfreddie
5 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Question on sync 2 folders with checking files' modify date

Hi Linux Community I would like to ask about how to compare files in deferent server with date. Those A and B servers has the same folder, I have write a sample script to "ls" both folders and "diff" them, and then "rsync" the missing files. It was running well, both A and B are sync, until... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: lunaticdawn
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to copy files/folders and show the files/folders?

Hi, So i know we use cp -r as a basic to copy folders/files. I would like this BUT i would like to show the output of the files being copied. With the amazing knowledge i have i have gone as far as this: 1) find source/* -exec cp -r {} target/ \; 2) for ObjectToBeCopied in `find... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Imre
6 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell program question with Filenames and dates

Hi Unix Gurus Let's say I have the input files like the following. I need to pick the files based on my run date. abcd_20180206.csv abcd_20180213.csv abcd_20180220.csv abcd_20180227.csv efgh_20180206.csv efgh_20180220.csv efgh_20180227.csv ijkl_20180206.csv ijkl_20180213.csv... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: SK123
9 Replies
NNSTATS(1m)															       NNSTATS(1m)

NAME
nnstats - display nnmaster collection and expire statistics SYNOPSIS
nnstats [ -lt ] [ -d month day ] [ -m month ] [ logfile ]... DESCRIPTION
nnstats will extract the collection (C) and expiration (X) entries from the log file and calculate total and average number of articles, groups and elapsed time per day, per month, or for the duration of the whole log file. Normally only a summary for the specified period is printed. If -l is specified, the statistics for each day in the period is also printed, and if -t is specified the summary is not printed. Normally the statistics is collected for all days in the log files (or the current log file if one is not specified). If "-m month" is specified, the statistics for that month is calculated. The month is specified in normal date notation, i.e. a capital- ized three letter abbreviation like Jan, Feb, ... If "-d month day" is specified, the statistics for that date only is calculated and printed. FILES
../Log The log file SEE ALSO
nn(1), nnusage(1M), nnadmin(1M), nnmaster(8) NOTES
If nnmaster is run with options -LCX, nnstats will not work, because the necessary entries are not written to the log file. AUTHORS
Mark Moraes <moraes@csri.toronto.edu> Kim F. Storm <storm@texas.dk> 4th Berkeley Distribution Release 6.6 NNSTATS(1m)