Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Pls Help me.. soon. Very urgent Post 302355746 by Franklin52 on Wednesday 23rd of September 2009 03:15:04 PM
Old 09-23-2009
Hello,

Per our forum rules, all threads must have a descriptive subject text. For example, do not post questions with subjects like "Help Me!", "Urgent!!" or "Doubt". Post subjects like "Execution Problems with Cron" or "Help with Backup Shell Script".

The reason for this is that nearly 95% of all visitors to this site come here because they are referred by a search engine. In order for future searches on your post (with answers) to work well, the subject field must be something useful and related to the problem!

In addition, current forum users who are kind enough to answer questions should be able to understand the essence of your query at first glance.

So, as a benefit and courtesy to current and future knowledge seekers, please be careful with your subject text. You might receive a forum infraction if you don't pay attention to this.

Thank you.

The UNIX and Linux Forums

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Crontab - URGENT pls

I put 30 2 * * * /usr/bin/tar cvf /dev/rct0 /u/csa/* in my crontab file (SCO5) but I want to be absolutely sure that the backup job finishes successfully. I know that whenever cron cannot execute a command sends an e-mail to root with the error code and/or an explanation of the problem. ... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: pappous
6 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

CAn any1 help me pls...urgent need to pass up this monday

CAn any1 help me pls...urgent need to pass up this monday my assigment..... im new bird at unix so pls help me.... can any1 help me answer this question? 1a.What are the different type of shell available in UNIX. b.How to know which shell you are currently used? c.How to change the... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: yeah016
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Pls Help.. Really Urgent

Hi, I am creating a pipe in a directory $HOME/pipes. The pipename should be L${PROGNAME}. Whenever i embed these lines in shell script, i get an error mkfifo: No such file or directory. I am creating a pipe with the key word mkfifo $HOME/pipes/L${PROGNAME}. Please help me how to get... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: raghavan.aero
5 Replies

4. Solaris

lex on solaris??? (urgent, pls!!!)

Hi everyone, I would like to know how to compile and run lex programs on solaris 10. the conventional way is $ lex <name.l> $ cc lex.yy.c -ll $ ./a.out but while trying to execute the 2nd command :i get a reference saying that the command is old or that main is not supported... Hence... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: wrapster
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

If not working...pls help:URGENT

Following is d code snipet #!/bin/ksh retVal=`sqlplus -s user/passwd\@oracle_sid <<EOF SET SERVEROUTPUT ON SIZE 100000 DECLARE STATUS_VALUE VARCHAR2(1); BEGIN SELECT temp1 INTO STATUS_VALUE FROM sai; DBMS_OUTPUT.PUT_LINE(STATUS_VALUE); END; / exit; EOF` echo "Return Value... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: sainathdeg
4 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

URGENT :pls help

Following is d code snipet #!/bin/ksh retVal=`sqlplus -s user/passwd\@oracle_sid <<EOF SET SERVEROUTPUT ON SIZE 100000 DECLARE STATUS_VALUE VARCHAR2(1); BEGIN SELECT temp1 INTO STATUS_VALUE FROM sai; DBMS_OUTPUT.PUT_LINE(STATUS_VALUE); END; / exit; EOF` echo "Return Value... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sainathdeg
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

pls help me very urgent

will post again (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: revertback
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help Me Pls Its Urgent!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hi, These are the text file I have //input1.txt// cd dir1/dir2/pg1.txt cd dir3/dir4/pg2.txt cd dir88/dir5/pg4.txt cd dir7/dir6/pg5.txt cd dir8/dir9/pg7.txt And each text file has some text. Now I have to write a shell script which reads input1.txt and changes the directory as shown... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: bhavanabahety
1 Replies
APSFILTER-BUG(1)					    BSD General Commands Manual 					  APSFILTER-BUG(1)

NAME
apsfilter-bug -- create a half-automatic bug report for apsfilter SYNOPSIS
apsfilter-bug OPTIONS
none DESCRIPTION
With the apsfilter-bug script you can automatically create a bug report for apsfilter(1). A template report file is created which you can edit with your favourite editor ( emacs(1) by default, or whatever is entered in the environment variable EDITOR ). You will see a couple of lines starting with '#'; these lines will be removed before the report is sent. So if you want to use the '#' char- acter at the beginning of a line, just indent it with a space. A very important piece of the bug report is the debugging log created by aps2file(1), probably with a command like aps2file -D -o /dev/null [-P...] [-Z...] [input] 2> log.txt Unless you don't even have a chance to create a debugging log, it is crucial for serious bug hunting. After you have filled in as much (useful) information as possible, you must save the file under its original name, then exit your editor. If you invoked apsfilter-bug by accident, or if you need some additional system information to include into the bug report, just exit your editor without saving the file. NOTES
In addition to the stuff you've edited, some more information is appended to the bug report automatically: apsfilter version 7.2.6-stable ghostscript version (from 'gs --version') system id (from 'uname -a') configure options --prefix=/usr --sysconfdir=/etc --mandir=/usr/share/man --with-awk=/usr/bin/awk --with-sendmail=/usr/sbin/sendmail shell executable /bin/bash awk executable /usr/bin/awk sendmail executable /usr/sbin/sendmail FILES
/usr/bin/aps2file script to create debugging output SEE ALSO
apsfilter(1), aps2file(1) BUGS
See apsfilter software center - http://www.apsfilter.org/ - for new versions, bugfixes and known bugs. Please use the new tool apsfilter-bug(1) to release bug- or problem reports. It automatically presents you a form in an editor window which asks you some standard questions. If you save and quit the editor session, then this report is sent automatically via e-mail to the proper apsfilter mailinglist. If apsfilter fails to print something or prints it in a way you wouldn't expect and you want to report an apsfilter error then please save the debugging output of one print session using the new aps2file(1) utility by typing aps2file -D -Z options file > /dev/null 2> file.debug and including the debugging output in the file file.debug into the edit session of the apsfilter-bug utility, so that it is included into the mail to the apsfilter mailinglist. Please note that you need to run /bin/sh (Bourne Shell), bash or a compatible shell, so that the above mentioned output redirection works. Under C-shell (/bin/csh) or tcsh it would't work. If you don't know, then simply make sure you use the Bournce shell by typing /bin/sh or bash, then you should have no problems with redirection of stdout and stderr (> /dev/null 2> file.debug). DOCUMENTATION
See official apsfilter homepage http://www.apsfilter.org/handbook.html Apsfilter Handbook including the Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ) USER FORUM
Please send questions to the official apsfilter help channel apsfilter-help@apsfilter.org. The above section BUGS and the file HOWTO-BUGREPORTS tells you how to report bugs. If you want to know how to troubleshoot your apsfilter installation, please read the manpage aps2file(1) and apsfilter-bug(1) as well as the Apsfilter Handbook carefully. HISTORY
The apsfilter-bug manpage has been written by Michael LoBin <phallobst@web.de> and first appeared in apsfilter V 7.1.0. BSD
Dec 26, 2001 BSD