Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting need help writing a script in Windows Post 302355739 by trey85stang on Wednesday 23rd of September 2009 03:01:31 PM
Old 09-23-2009
If you can pull what you need from WMI, then you can write a loop in powershell or vbscript to get the info you need from one box.

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Writing Script?

Anyone have an example of a simple shell script that solicits a (Y)es or (N)o response from the user. If the response is 'Y' display a message on the screen that thanks the user for the positive response. If the response is 'N' display a message that thanks the user for the negative response. If... (15 Replies)
Discussion started by: wmosley2
15 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

help for writing a script

Hi, I need help writing a unix script to change the time in the server automatically when it reaches a specified time. Only on the 14th of april, when the time becomes midnight (00:00:00), I need the server to change the time automatically to 23:30:00 and start working on as usual with a... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: amodha
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Writing the script

I whant write the script of monitoring my servers on night-active users. He must loging all user actions, when user login, when logout, when he do su etc. But i don't know with what to begin :( How command i can use? awk, sed, last And what logs i can use too? /var/log/messages, /var/log/secure... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jess_t03
1 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

UFS CD-ROM file-writing in Windows?

Is it possible to write files in a Windows application, in UFS, onto a CDROM that can then be read by a SUN workstation? If so, can anyone point me in the direction of an application that can let me do this? Thanks. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: NeilAtkins
1 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Need help writing this script

Here is the script I am trying to write along with my answer I wrote. Please help me understand why it doesn't work. Create an executable script file called "newname" that will perform the followings: 1. Rename a file upon the user's request. If the file exists, prompt the user for... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: wiggles
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help me in writing the script

Hi, I have written a script which converts a give hexdecimal value to binary value in perl. But now, the problem is I should read every bit of it ( if its 10101010, i should read the value in each position and if the value in that position is 1 i should print a string and should exit if its... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: prakashreddy
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help in writing a script

Hey everyone Can anyone please write me a script to display numbers in descending order dynamically i.e if the user enter a number say 100 then the output should be like 100 99 ....so on till 0 I tried using the logic as for ((i =1; i<=100; i--) but the it goes into a infinite loop since even the... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: icchi
7 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Writing Bash shell scripts corresponding to windows bat files

Experts, I am newbie in shell scripting. I want to write Bash shell scripts corresponding to windows bat files. I have installed cygwin at c:\cygwin and i am trying to crate the sh file using vi editor. i am not able to understand how to use linux/unix convention for the code. following is my... (15 Replies)
Discussion started by: rajuchacha007
15 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

I need help writing this script

:wall: Can't seem to figure out how to fix this please help its not starting over like I would like it to When I enter in "Date" or "Time" nothing comes Also if you can tell me the commands for the other 3 stuff that would be much appreciated #!/bin/bash clear while ; do echo... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: nowruzr
8 Replies
smd-loop(1)						 Sync Mail Dir (smd) documentation					       smd-loop(1)

NAME
smd-loop - iterates smd-pull and smd-push SYNOPSIS
smd-loop [-vt] DESCRIPTION
smd-loop runs smd-push and smd-pull at regular intervals as defined by the user in the ~/.smd/loop configuration file. On errors that are reported to be transient, it retries a second time before failing. The configuration file is line-oriented. Each line is composed of three space separated fields: pull-frequency, push-frequency and end- point-name. Frequencies are expressed in minutes, while endpoint name is a valid name for smd-pull(1) and smd-push(1). Lines beginning with # are considered as comments. The following example calls the command smd-pull default every 3 minutes, and smd-push default every 10. Example: # pull-frequency push-frequency endpoint-name 3 10 default OPTIONS
-v Increase program verbosity (printed on stderr) -t Just create a template configuration file if none FILES
~/.smd/loop SEE ALSO
mddiff(1), smd-server(1), smd-client(1), smd-push(1), smd-pull(1) AUTHOR
Enrico Tassi <gares@fettunta.org> 11 June 2012 smd-loop(1)