Sponsored Content
Contact Us Post Here to Contact Site Administrators and Moderators Emergency Forum Posting Problem Post 302355560 by agn on Wednesday 23rd of September 2009 04:37:24 AM
Old 09-23-2009
Yeah, same here.

5 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Post Here to Contact Site Administrators and Moderators

Posting in teh incorrect Forum

As i am going through the board today i noticed alot of questions out of place. and quite a few of them were rather redundent to stuff that has already been coverd. I know that talking about stuff that has already been coverd will always happen BUT comeone people. Dosent anyone read the FAQ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Optimus_P
1 Replies

2. What is on Your Mind?

Posting on a forum

Hi all, found a little flash movie about posting. Check it out. http://www.starterupsteve.com/swf/posting.html? Regards, Dream (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: DreamCatcher
2 Replies

3. Emergency UNIX and Linux Support

User Guide: Posting in the Emergency Forum

Emergency UNIX and Linux Support !! Help Me! Forum (Request Urgent Help) README FIRST: How to Request Emergency or Urgent Help: You may post emergency work-related questions in the emergency forum. To post in this forum you will need to use your Bits. All questions answered on a "best... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Neo
0 Replies

4. Post Here to Contact Site Administrators and Moderators

Forum posting help

How do some posters get just a simple little text box in the middle of a sentence or paragragh? I have seen many threads where posters aren't using code tags or quote tags, because both of those take up an entire line on the screen. It looks like a code tag, but has no header and no newline... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: AlphaLexman
3 Replies

5. What is on Your Mind?

Emergency Support Forum usage

I think I've noticed over recent years that the number of threads started on the Emergency Support forum has become virtually nil. Why do we think that is? Members cannot easily to find that forum? The site layout has changed? The longevity of this forum means that all the answers are... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: hicksd8
10 Replies
LWP::RobotUA(3) 					User Contributed Perl Documentation					   LWP::RobotUA(3)

NAME
LWP::RobotUA - a class for well-behaved Web robots SYNOPSIS
use LWP::RobotUA; my $ua = LWP::RobotUA->new('my-robot/0.1', 'me@foo.com'); $ua->delay(10); # be very nice -- max one hit every ten minutes! ... # Then just use it just like a normal LWP::UserAgent: my $response = $ua->get('http://whatever.int/...'); ... DESCRIPTION
This class implements a user agent that is suitable for robot applications. Robots should be nice to the servers they visit. They should consult the /robots.txt file to ensure that they are welcomed and they should not make requests too frequently. But before you consider writing a robot, take a look at <URL:http://www.robotstxt.org/>. When you use a LWP::RobotUA object as your user agent, then you do not really have to think about these things yourself; "robots.txt" files are automatically consulted and obeyed, the server isn't queried too rapidly, and so on. Just send requests as you do when you are using a normal LWP::UserAgent object (using "$ua->get(...)", "$ua->head(...)", "$ua->request(...)", etc.), and this special agent will make sure you are nice. METHODS
The LWP::RobotUA is a sub-class of LWP::UserAgent and implements the same methods. In addition the following methods are provided: $ua = LWP::RobotUA->new( %options ) $ua = LWP::RobotUA->new( $agent, $from ) $ua = LWP::RobotUA->new( $agent, $from, $rules ) The LWP::UserAgent options "agent" and "from" are mandatory. The options "delay", "use_sleep" and "rules" initialize attributes private to the RobotUA. If "rules" are not provided, then "WWW::RobotRules" is instantiated providing an internal database of robots.txt. It is also possible to just pass the value of "agent", "from" and optionally "rules" as plain positional arguments. $ua->delay $ua->delay( $minutes ) Get/set the minimum delay between requests to the same server, in minutes. The default is 1 minute. Note that this number doesn't have to be an integer; for example, this sets the delay to 10 seconds: $ua->delay(10/60); $ua->use_sleep $ua->use_sleep( $boolean ) Get/set a value indicating whether the UA should sleep() if requests arrive too fast, defined as $ua->delay minutes not passed since last request to the given server. The default is TRUE. If this value is FALSE then an internal SERVICE_UNAVAILABLE response will be generated. It will have an Retry-After header that indicates when it is OK to send another request to this server. $ua->rules $ua->rules( $rules ) Set/get which WWW::RobotRules object to use. $ua->no_visits( $netloc ) Returns the number of documents fetched from this server host. Yeah I know, this method should probably have been named num_visits() or something like that. :-( $ua->host_wait( $netloc ) Returns the number of seconds (from now) you must wait before you can make a new request to this host. $ua->as_string Returns a string that describes the state of the UA. Mainly useful for debugging. SEE ALSO
LWP::UserAgent, WWW::RobotRules COPYRIGHT
Copyright 1996-2004 Gisle Aas. This library is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. perl v5.12.1 2009-06-15 LWP::RobotUA(3)