Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Perl : Process a file in perl Post 302355306 by pludi on Tuesday 22nd of September 2009 09:37:15 AM
Old 09-22-2009
Looks awfully like a double-post of this

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl: Run perl script in the current process

I have a question regarding running perl in the current process. I shall demonstrate with an example. Look at this. sh-2.05b$ pwd /tmp sh-2.05b$ cat test.sh #! /bin/sh cd /etc sh-2.05b$ ./test.sh sh-2.05b$ pwd /tmp sh-2.05b$ . ./test.sh sh-2.05b$ pwd /etc sh-2.05b$ So... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: vino
10 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

perl -write values in a file to @array in perl

Hi can anyone suggest me how to write a file containing values,... say 19 20 21 22 .. 40 to an array @array = (19, 20, ... 40) -- Thanks (27 Replies)
Discussion started by: meghana
27 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to get process id in perl

Hey guys, how can i get process id of some particular command in perl? example: $cmd = "date; sleep 10; date&"; system($cmd); How can i get process id of system command? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: RohitKJ
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl :How to print the o/p of a Perl script on console and redirecting same in log file @ same time.

How can i print the output of a perl script on a unix console and redirect the same in a log file under same directory simultaneously ? Like in Shell script, we use tee, is there anything in Perl or any other option ? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: butterfly20
2 Replies

5. Programming

Perl- How to catch the file in perl code?

Hi, plz see the below code , i have catch the file "Orders.20110714.out "file as a Orders*.out. but it giving me an error .it does not open the file. if the same thing i have done by code code-> ls Orders*.out then it gives me the output Orders.20110714.out i am trying apply the... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: pspriyanka
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to put FTP process as a background process/job in perl?

Hi, I am using net::ftp for transferring files now i am trying in the same Linux server as a result ftp is very fast but if the server is other location (remote) then the file transferred will be time consuming. So i want try putting FTP part as a background process. I am unaware how to do... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: vanitham
5 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl SFTP, to get, sort and process every file.

Hi All, I'm niks, and i'm a newbie here and newbie also in perl sorry, i'm just wondering how can i get the file from the other hostname using sftp? then after i get it i'm going to sort the file and process it one by one. sorry because i'm a newbie. Thanks, -niks (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: nikki1200
4 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl: How to read text from file and process $variable in that data too.

In the hello.htm have the sentenses: Hello $name How are you? The perl script: $name = "David"; open(HEADER,"hello.htm"); while(<HEADER>) { $html .= $_; } close(HEADER); print "$html";I making something about template. But it can't process the $name variable. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: natong
4 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Parallel process in Perl

HI All, I have scenerio where I need to call sub modules through for loop for (i=0; i<8000 ;i++) { .. BLOCKA } BLOCKA { .. .. subroutine 1; subroutine 2; } I want this to be run in parallel process1 BLOCKA { (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: gvk25
6 Replies

10. Programming

PERL: In a perl-scripttTrying to execute another perl-script that SETS SOME VARIABLES !

I have reviewed many examples on-line about running another process (either PERL or shell command or a program), but do not find any usefull for my needs way. (Reviewed and not useful the system(), 'back ticks', exec() and open()) I would like to run another PERL-script from first one, not... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: alex_5161
1 Replies
URI::URL(3)						User Contributed Perl Documentation					       URI::URL(3)

NAME
URI::URL - Uniform Resource Locators SYNOPSIS
$u1 = URI::URL->new($str, $base); $u2 = $u1->abs; DESCRIPTION
This module is provided for backwards compatibility with modules that depend on the interface provided by the "URI::URL" class that used to be distributed with the libwww-perl library. The following differences compared to the "URI" class interface exist: o The URI::URL module exports the url() function as an alternate constructor interface. o The constructor takes an optional $base argument. The "URI::URL" class is a subclasses of "URI::WithBase". o The URI::URL->newlocal class method is the same as URI::file->new_abs o URI::URL::strict(1) o $url->print_on method o $url->crack method o $url->full_path; same as ($uri->abs_path || "/") o $url->netloc; same as $uri->authority o $url->epath, $url->equery; same as $uri->path, $uri->query o $url->path and $url->query pass unescaped strings. o $url->path_components; same as $uri->path_segments (if you don't consider path segment parameters). o $url->params and $url->eparams methods. o $url->base method. See URI::WithBase. o $url->abs and $url->rel have an optional $base argument. See URI::WithBase. o $url->frag; same as $uri->fragment o $url->keywords; same as $uri->query_keywords; o $url->localpath with friends map to $uri->file o $url->address and $url->encoded822addr; same as $uri->to for mailto URI. o $url->groupart method for news URI. o $url->article; same as $uri->message SEE ALSO
URI, URI::WithBase COPYRIGHT
Copyright 1998-2000 Gisle Aas. perl v5.8.0 2002-05-09 URI::URL(3)