Sponsored Content
The Lounge What is on Your Mind? Most deadly commands on Unix/Linux !! Post 302355140 by zxmaus on Monday 21st of September 2009 04:13:33 PM
Old 09-21-2009
it killed init ... crashed the database - corrupted data ...

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Maingrame to UNIX sending UNIX commands

I want to know if there is a way to send unix commands thru FTP from a mainframe to kick off Autosys Jobs. I just need to send a command from the mainframe to UNIX and have UNIX execute that command. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: skammer
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

unix commands in linux-red hat

hi, can i have a unix like environment where i can do things like chmod, shell scripts and etc.. in redhat instead of the GUI that redhat ofters? (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: yls177
4 Replies

3. News, Links, Events and Announcements

All Linux and Unix commands Links

http://www.computerhope.com/unix.htm http://www.linuxdevcenter.com/linux/cmd/ (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: devotedsinner
0 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Linux Commands

This is my first time using this forum. My question is simple. I need a book that has the commands code for Linux, if there is such a book, of course. Thank you (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ropapi
1 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Name 10 commands every Linux and Unix admin should know

I'm working on further developing my Unix skills and I'm just curious what some of the experienced admins out there would consider to be 10 essential commands every admin should know. (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: Arkitech
12 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Compare two file (please help me it's deadly urgent)

I have many files with info about soft, installed on remote machines. I need to compare this file with template (soft than must be installed) and output file must content info about software that's not installed. template.txt software_name1 software_name2 software_name3.1 ... (14 Replies)
Discussion started by: cintlt
14 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Unix and Linux Commands

Hi All I have found that few basic commands in unix have the same syntax in linux as well. I need those commands which differ on Linux platform, with some more advanced options.. For example... awk, sed, tr ... and some more commands with advanced options. I am trying to search on the linux... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: vee_789
1 Replies

8. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

What is the best way to remember UNIX / Linux Commands?

Hi all, I'm new to UNIX world and new to this forum. As I observed there are lot of commands that needs to be remembered in UNIX programming. I'm into DevOps and can anyone please tell me what are all the important commands that are useful for DevOps Engineer. NOTE: Please correct me if my... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: maxlink
3 Replies
RSRCE(1)							 Debian GNU/Linux							  RSRCE(1)

NAME
rsrce - editor for raw MacOS resource forks SYNOPSIS
rsrce [-e] [-f script] [-o output-file] [input-file] DESCRIPTION
Rsrce is a command driven Macintosh resource fork editor for Unix-like operating systems. It works with raw resource forks stored in Unix files, such as the .rsrc files produced by the macutil package. Rsrce doesn't allow you to edit the resource data directly. It only knows to import/export them from/to files, performing conversion for the few resource types it knows. OPTIONS
-e When this option is given, the failure of an editor command will cause rsrce to quit immediately with a non-zero exit status. This is similar to the -e option to /bin/sh. -f script Instructs rsrce to read its commands from the given script, instead of using the standard input. -o output-file Specifies a default output file for the writecommand. Useful when calling rsrce scripts which save their changes with a write com- mand without a filename. If an input-file is specified, it is loaded before rsrce starts reading commands, and is used as the default output file if the -o option has not been given. USAGE
Rsrce reads commands from the standard input. Unquoted whitespace is ignored, except for the purpose of separating arguments. Empty lines are ignored, and a # at a position where an argument would have started indicates a comment which extends to the end of the line. Text within single quotes is used as-is. An unquoted backslash can be used the way it works in C strings, or to force literal interpretation of the following character. Resources are referred to by specifing their type and id, separated by a colon. I mean, something like "STR#:128". If the given type has less than 4 letters, spaces are added to complete it. The following commands are available: read [file] read the resources from file write [file] write the resources to file create resource create a new, empty resource with the given type and id delete resource remove the specified resource rename resource new-name change the name associated with resource to new-name chattr resource attr-spec change the attributes of resource according to attr-spec ls list each resource's type, id, attributes, data lenght, and name hexdump resource show an hexdump of resource's data import|export resource file [ext] import/export resource's data from/to file. The conversion which is performed depends on the extension of the given filename. This extenstion may be overriden by providing the extargument. edit resource[ext] invoke an external editor to change resource's data help list available commands exit terminate rsrce (without saving, use write before exit if you wish to save your changes) CONVERSION OF RESOURCE DATA
When rsrce imports or exports resource data, a conversion can be performed depending on the resource type and the extension of the provided filename. The following extensions are known to rsrce: bin causes no conversion, the raw resource data is used regardless of the resource type; txt causes the resource data to be converted to plain text. This is possible for STR, STR#andCMDLresources. BUGS
Rsrce has only been originally created to change the configuration of the miBoot Linux bootloader for OldWorld PowerMac computers. Since I do not use MacOS, I haven't tested any other usage of this program. You should therefore be very careful when using it, as it could very well produce unusable output. Another consequence of this is wildly missing functionnality. I'm not going to work on it, since I couldn't test anything in a real situa- tion. Patches and/or usage reports would be very welcome. AUTHOR
Jeremie Koenig <sprite@sprite.fr.eu.org> SEE ALSO
hfsutils(1), macutil(1) Debian Project 2004-03-26 RSRCE(1)