Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: extremly huge shmmax value
Operating Systems Linux SuSE extremly huge shmmax value Post 302355037 by jim mcnamara on Monday 21st of September 2009 09:43:50 AM
Old 09-21-2009
The max possible shmmax value is 18446744073709551615 for 64 bit. Which is what you have.

Here is an article on setting the shmmax value:
comp.os.linux.setup: PERMANENTLY setting shmmax in Linux - Suse Personal Edition 8.2

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. OS X (Apple)

OSX uploads to 2000 server extremly slow

We have just added 5 macs to what used to be an all Windows shop. Everything works great except the macs upload to a windows 200 file server extremly slow. Are there any suggestions to make the upload faster? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: wbeard6142
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

SHMMAX (semaphores)

How can I change the semaphore values? Without say writing a C program that calls the method. Thanks. (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: JamesByars
5 Replies

3. Solaris

compare huge file

Hi, I have files with records of 40,00,000& 39,00,000 and i want to find out the content 1.which is existing in file1 and not in file2. 2.Which is exisitng in file2 and not in file1. The format of the file will be like 404ABCDEFGHIJK|CDEFGHIJK|1234567890|1 If its a smaller one i... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: salaathi
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

sorting huge file

Hi All I am sorting a huge file -rw-r--r-- 1 rama users 448156978 May 13 18:48 102384.temp $ sort -k 1,40n 102384.temp > 102384.temp1 msgcnt 1468 vxfs: mesg 001: vx_nospace - /dev/vg00/var file system full (1 block extent) sort: A write error occurred while sorting. I thought... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: dhanamurthy
3 Replies

5. Solaris

Huge PI in vmstat

This is something nowbody around me can explain: vmstat (-S 5) shows a huge number of PI but when I try to monitor it in parallel with iostat - there is no IO activity to be seen that would correspond to this. I have 16G RAM and 32G swap file. I'll really appreciate if somebody can explain it.... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: dkvent
9 Replies

6. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Help on SHMMAX

Hi. Allocated is showing in hexadecimal which comes to 1 GB But the usage is showing more (14 GB). Can you please explain why? Normally, usage should be less than allocated $ /usr/sbin/kmtune -q shmmax Parameter Current... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: somesh_p
4 Replies

7. Ubuntu

kernel-huge

Hi All, I have a uname -a Linux caws101arop 2.6.9-67.0.20.ELsmp #1 SMP Wed Jun 18 12:35:02 EDT 2008 x86_64 x86_64 x86_64 GNU/Linux And I'm having lots of problem especially when the web server got new two additional website. Before the memory was just 12G but we upgraded it to 65G. Do... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: itik
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Get first column from a huge string ..!!

Guys Look at the following string....!! /global/site/vendor/Vignette7/Content/7_5/java5/jre/bin/java -classpath /global/site/vendor/Vignette7/Content/7_5/lib/vgnconfiglauncher.jar -Dcom.vignette.jvmid=V7CDS1CA1 -DVgnStartupClass=com.vignette.config.agent.Agent... (15 Replies)
Discussion started by: ak835
15 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Huge File Comparison

Hi i need to compare two fixed length files and produce the differences if any to a seperate file. I have to capture each and every differneces line by line. Ideally my files should not have any differences but if there are any then it should be captured without any miss. Also my files sizes are... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: naveenn08
4 Replies
LINUX-VERSION(1)					      General Commands Manual						  LINUX-VERSION(1)

NAME
linux-version - operate on Linux kernel version strings SYNOPSIS
linux-version compare VERSION1 OP VERSION2 linux-version sort [--reverse] [VERSION1 VERSION2 ...] linux-version list [--paths] DESCRIPTION
linux-version operates on Linux kernel version strings as reported by uname -r and used in file and directory names. These version strings do not follow the same rules as Debian package version strings and should not be compared as such or as arbitrary strings. compare VERSION1 OP VERSION2 Compare version strings, where OP is a binary operator. linux-version returns success (zero result) if the specified condition is satisfied, and failure (nonzero result) otherwise. The valid operators are: lt le eq ne ge gt sort [--reverse] [VERSION1 VERSION2 ...] Sort the given version strings and print them in order from lowest to highest. If the --reverse option is used, print them in order from highest to lowest. If no version strings are given as arguments, the version strings will instead be read from standard input, one per line. They may be suffixed by arbitrary text after a space, which will be included in the output. This means that, for example: linux-version list --paths | linux-version sort --reverse will list the installed versions and corresponding paths in order from highest to lowest version. list [--paths] List kernel versions installed in the customary location. If the --paths option, show the corresponding path for each version. AUTHOR
linux-version and this manual page were written by Ben Hutchings as part of the Debian linux-base package. 30 March 2011 LINUX-VERSION(1)