Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Problem with zip command..
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Problem with zip command.. Post 302355002 by ks_reddy on Monday 21st of September 2009 07:49:23 AM
Old 09-21-2009
Hi Scrutinizer,

I want the command to work with out doing cd to the respective directory I am interested. I mean I don't want to use cd A . I hope you understood my problem.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

zip command

Hello, What is the appropriate command to zip a folder that contain sub folder and files? Example: Folder lunaa In the folder there are a number of folder e.g 01526, etc...which contains number of file. Any idea would be grateful. Many thanks (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: su_in99
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

zip command

Hi All, I have the following requirement. Source file Products_Extract.dat contains <CTRL M > characters and hence is in DOS format. I zip this file using zip command in UNIX BOX as follows: find . -name Products_Extract.dat|zip Target.zip -@ Next I ftp (in Binary MODE) this output zip... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: sureshg_sampat
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

ZIP Problem

Hi Folks, i have a script to zip certain files. redirecting the successfully zipped files and unsuccessful files to seperate files. i found unzipped file name in zipped file list. i dont know why it happened. and, some of the files are not zipped. i checked the previllege also, even... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Arunprasad
2 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Zip command (zip folder doesn't include a folder of the same name)

Hi guys, I have a question about the zip command. Right now I have a directory with some files and folders on it that I want to compress. When I run the zip command: zip foo -r I am getting a foo.zip file that once I unzip it contains a foo folder. I want to create the foo.zip, but that... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: elioncho
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

zip code filter problem using AWK need help

Hello all; I have a large file (csv file) with addresses. I am trying to filter out specific entries based on zip code from a particular column of data. However my awk statement can not account for zipcode that begins with a certain pattern. It finds the pattern anywhere within the zipcode. ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: nelsonsierra
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Problem in piping the file(s) content from zip files

Hi friends I have a zip file 1.zip which contains three text files a.txt b.txt c.txt I want to grep some text(keyword) in those 3 files without extracting all the three files to a local directoryusing the command, unzip -p 1.zip |grep "search text" >result.txt The Output file is... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ks_reddy
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Grep on zip file problem

Hi All, I'm stuck with this issue when I try to display the searched string into a compressed file. More exactly when I run this script for f1 in $(find dir1 -type f -print); do gunzip -c $f1 | grep -n "gio" | awk -F":" '{print $1-1 "," $1 "p"}' | xargs -i sed -n {} $f1 ; done returns... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: gio1234
3 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to use zip command in AIX?

hi i am not able to use zip command in aix. getting below error zip abc.zip ksh: zip: not found. oslevel 5.3.0.0 (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: scriptor
4 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Zip data using Command

HI Guys, I using below command to zip data but in zip file i have entire path of source. zip $HOME/EM/ZIPData/All.tar.gz /vr/rt/on/mg/set/XM/Swor/xt/0300*.* In Zip file i have entire path vr/rt/on/mg/set/XM/Swor/xt/ I just want file data zip in may target location (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: pareshkp
2 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Question regarding zip command

Hi, I wish to zip a folder with only those files which have ".properties" extension while excluding all other file extensions be it in the same folder or sub-folder. Can you help me with how can get that to work ? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mohtashims
1 Replies
vfs-filesystems(n)														vfs-filesystems(n)

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

NAME
vfs-filesystems - Filesystems provided by tclvfs SYNOPSIS
package require Tcl 8.4 package require vfs ?1.2.1? package require vfs::zip ?1.0? package require vfs::mk4 ?1.6? package require vfs::tar ?0.9? package require vfs::ftp ?1.0? package require vfs::ns ?1.0? package require vfs::webdav ?0.1? package require vfs::http ?0.5? package require vfs::urltype ?1.0? vfs::zip::Mount path to vfs::mk4::Mount path to vfs::tar::Mount path to vfs::ftp::Mount path to vfs::ns::Mount path to vfs::webdav::Mount path to vfs::http::Mount path to vfs::urltype::Mount path to _________________________________________________________________ DESCRIPTION
The package vfs provides not only the means to implement a virtual filesystem at the tcl level, but also a number of ready to be used filesystems as well. Each of these filesystem exists as its own package, and can be accessed through package require vfs::NAME. The whole set of these virtual filesystems is known informally as 'vfslib'. SUPPORTED VFS TYPES
Currently supported are ftp, tar, http, zip, mk4, ns, and webdav. In addition there is the ability to mount any 'urltype' as a new direc- tory, provided an appropriate vfs is supported. This means that you can treat urls based on the schemes ftp://, http:// and file:// as files. To do this, simply evaluate the command vfs::urltype::Mount ftp for example. Any access inside the new volume will result in an attempt to require a package through package require vfs::${type}, which must therefore exist, or errors will be thrown. If a filesystem is loaded, use the associated command listed below to mount a source for that filesystem as a tcl directory. vfs::zip::Mount path to Mount the zip file path as directory to. vfs::mk4::Mount path to Mount the metakit database file file path as directory to. vfs::tar::Mount path to Mount the tar file path as directory to. vfs::ftp::Mount path to Mount the ftp url path as directory to. vfs::ns::Mount path to Mount the tcl namespace path as directory to. vfs::webdav::Mount path to Mount the webdav url path as directory to. vfs::http::Mount path to Mount the http url path as directory to. vfs::urltype::Mount path to Mount the url path, of type urltype as directory to. LIMITATIONS
Most of the vfs types listed above have not been very well debugged as yet. Please test them! SEE ALSO
vfs, vfs-fsapi KEYWORDS
file, filesystem, ftp, http, metakit, namespace, tar, vfs, vfslib, webdav, zip COPYRIGHT
Copyright (c) 2001-2003 Vince Darley <vincentdarley@users.sourceforge.net> Copyright (c) 2003 Andreas Kupries <andreas_kupries@users.sourceforge.net> Tcl-level Virtual Filesystems 1.0 vfs-filesystems(n)