Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting bash script to test network connection - please help Post 302354930 by ripat on Monday 21st of September 2009 02:15:41 AM
Old 09-21-2009
With what protocole do you establish a communication with these hosts? ssh? http?

You may also want to check a specific port on the targeted hosts instead of sending ICMP packets to the hole host.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Bash Script to check Remote Host Connection

Hi all, Can anyone tell/guide me how to check remote host is up/running using bash script? Thanks. Zulfiqar (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: zulfikarmd
5 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to Create a shell script to test the telnet connection status

Hi friends, I'm newbie to shell script. I wanted to create a shell script which able to write a result for all the telnet connection status. For example, from this machine I want to test the telnet connection (total 100+ servers) with this machine. Any idea how to write this shell script?... (16 Replies)
Discussion started by: yhcheong
16 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

IP connection Bash script issues

Hello I need assistance with a bash script that needs to tell me whether in the last "x" days (which is a variable) anyone connected to the xxxx IP (which is another variable). Thank you! (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Melchiah
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Database Connection test in unix Script

i have a unix script that gives me the sysdate from the database EDNAMID.WORLD.What i want my script to do the following 1) Establish a database connection 2) if database connection is successfull then echo the message "Connected" 3) put the o/p of the Sql query in a spool file 4) then... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ali560045
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Connection Test Script

I am writing a script to do some conditional logic based on the results of a connection test. I need to capture the output of netcat, the 3 expected conditions are as follows. I need to capture the output of this command. I could write this to a file, but I would like to do it clearer if possible.... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: princeboot
1 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How do i tell my bash shell script to test the output of a command against something

How do i tell my bash shell script to test the output of the command i'm using?? I want this script to look for lines not equal to 1 then let me know.. $ cat blah ; echo ---- ; cat blah.sh 1 fe 1 fi 1 fo 0 fum 1 blahda 1 blah 0 blahh 1 bla 1 bl 1 blahhh ---- #!/bin/bash while... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: phpfreak
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script to test my network connectivities

Hello folks; I have about 20 servers in my environment here as well as some applications such as MySql, Oracle, etc.. I need help writing a shell script that can go out and test the Internet connection by pinging servers as well as testing the Oracle & MySql connections. Is there a way to do... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Katkota
6 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Bash script to test IP range on server

Hello, We have to configure servers with a range of IPs which is in itself a subject for another script assistance request -but- we have run into quite a few IP ranges with routing problems lately. I've been trying to figure out the best way to test a range of IPs, I mean, manually it's not... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: boxgoboom
4 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help: Bash backup script (includes copy, test-

Basically it's for a work assignment. Have to make a menu with the following choices ***************menu********************* 1) Show Current Directory 2) Dispaly Current Time and Date 3) Copy 4) Change Password 5) write directory to file 6) Edit File Directory 7) Make backup from... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Covax
1 Replies

10. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Shell Script to test telnet connection using port

Hello, I need to test telnet connections using port number for few hosts. Could you please help me? Thanks !! (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: skhichi
1 Replies
cups-browsed.conf(5)													      cups-browsed.conf(5)

NAME
cups-browsed.conf - server configuration file for cups-browsed DESCRIPTION
The cups-browsed.conf file configures the cups-browsed daemon. It is normally located in the /etc/cups directory. Each line in the file can be a configuration directive, a blank line, or a comment. Comment lines start with the # character. DIRECTIVES
The BrowseAllow directive specifies a system or network to accept CUPS browse packets from. The default is to accept browse packets from all hosts when BrowseRemoteProtocols uses the CUPS protocol. BrowseAllow 192.168.7.20 BrowseAllow 192.168.7.0/24 BrowseAllow 192.168.7.0/255.255.255.0 The BrowsePoll directive polls a server for available printers once every 60 seconds. Multiple BrowsePoll directives can be specified to poll multiple servers. The default port to connect to is 631. BrowsePoll works independently of whether CUPS browsing is activated in BrowseRemoteProtocols. BrowsePoll 192.168.7.20 BrowsePoll 192.168.7.65:631 BrowsePoll host.example.com:631 The BrowseLocalProtocols directive specifies the protocols to use when advertising local shared printers on the network. The default is "none". Control of advertising of local shared printers using dnssd is done in /etc/cups/cupsd.conf. BrowseLocalProtocols none BrowseLocalProtocols CUPS The BrowseRemoteProtocols directive specifies the protocols to use when finding remote shared printers on the network. Multiple protocols can be specified by separating them with spaces. The default is "dnssd cups". BrowseRemoteProtocols none BrowseRemoteProtocols CUPS dnssd BrowseRemoteProtocols CUPS BrowseRemoteProtocols dnssd The BrowseProtocols directive specifies the protocols to use when finding remote shared printers on the network and advertising local shared printers. "dnssd" is ignored for BrowseLocalProtocols. Multiple protocols can be specified by separating them with spaces. The default is "none" for BrowseLocalProtocols and "dnssd cups" for BrowseRemoteProtocols. BrowseProtocols none BrowseProtocols CUPS dnssd BrowseProtocols CUPS BrowseProtocols dnssd SEE ALSO
cups-browsed(8) /usr/share/doc/cups-filters/README AUTHOR
The authors of cups-browsed are listed in /usr/share/doc/cups-filters/AUTHORS. This manual page was written for the Debian Project, but it may be used by others. 29 June 2013 cups-browsed.conf(5)