Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Linux Ubuntu UBUNTU 8.1 Desktop Edition not running after installation Post 302354744 by singla on Saturday 19th of September 2009 03:41:41 PM
Old 09-19-2009
UBUNTU 8.1 Desktop Edition not running after installation

I am a new Ubuntu user, installing Ubuntu on Windows XP .
The installation process is successful but after installing when I login , it just freezes with a blank screen for both XClient scripts and GNOME sessions.

I have given 10 GB space to the installation.

Also i noticed that the time till the user ID and password are to be entered, the Keyboard works fine, but as soon as the password is punched in , keyboard stops working. During the whole freeze the mouse is working fine and the mouse pointer can be moved around, but none of the right or left clicks work.

For session FailSafe terminal, the command prompt appears and i can punch in the commands there, i also tried running a few inbuilt games there and the keyboard and mouse worked fine in this session. i just don't understand that why the XClient scripts and GNOME sessions are not working and is this something to do with my keyboard.

Please help !!!!

Singla

2 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Would like to install x86 desktop Ubuntu over AMD64 Ubuntu server

My intention was to build a dual boot XP Pro 64 and Ubuntu media server. I had installed the AMD64 version of Ubuntu 8.10 server and thought that I would be able to install Apache server. I need a GUI to work in. I tried to boot and install Mythbuntu 32 bit 8.10, but my machine now won't recognize... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: docflyboy
0 Replies

2. Red Hat

How can I get Red Hat Desktop edition?

Is there any way to install Red Hat Linux any version without purchasing? If yes, Please help me. I know Fedora is alternative way of Free Linux. But I am more interested to install Red Hat Linux for Personal Use. If anyone really knows about this... Please Please Please help. ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sagarsbhandare
1 Replies
byobu-launcher-uninstall(1)					       byobu					       byobu-launcher-uninstall(1)

NAME
byobu-launcher-uninstall - Byobu Launcher uninstallation utility SYNOPSIS
byobu-launcher-uninstall DESCRIPTION
byobu-launcher-uninstall(1) is a simple utilty that removes the line added to your $HOME/.profile by byobu-launcher-install(1) which launches byobu(1) any time you login through ssh(1) or on a console(4). SEE ALSO
screen(1), byobu(1), ssh(1), console(4), byobu-launcher-install(1) http://launchpad.net/byobu AUTHOR
This manpage and the utility were written by Dustin Kirkland <kirkland@ubuntu.com> for Ubuntu systems (but may be used by others). Permis- sion is granted to copy, distribute and/or modify this document and the utility under the terms of the GNU General Public License, Version 3 published by the Free Software Foundation. The complete text of the GNU General Public License can be found in /usr/share/common-licenses/GPL on Debian/Ubuntu systems, or in /usr/share/doc/fedora-release-*/GPL on Fedora systems, or on the web at http://www.gnu.org/licenses/gpl.txt. byobu 3 Jan 2010 byobu-launcher-uninstall(1)