Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Finding missing files that are named sequentially with Perl? Post 302354505 by radoulov on Friday 18th of September 2009 10:43:00 AM
Old 09-18-2009
If those are an Oracle archived redo log files just use the rman delete input clause during the backup. If that's the case, there is no need to reinvent the wheel.

Code:
backup archivelog  all delete input

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

FTP Files Sequentially

Hi Gurus, i have to transfer files one by one from ftp server to target server all files which is to be transferred lies in one ftp folder i have to move those files sequentially from ftp to target and must verify files for successful transmission . then i have to delete corresponding... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: harim
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Finding perl files without documentation

I have an application consisting of a number of perl files. I want to find those perl files that have no documentation yet, so I tried the following from the root level of the directory where the application resides: perldoc -r * The output is something like the following: No documentation found... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: figaro
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Finding missing tags

I have a list containing strings. All strings should have either "smp" or "drw" else it is considered an error. I have written this code below. Any better ideas to tackle this? set fdrw = 0 set fsmp = 0 foreach f ($Lst) set fdrwtag = `echo $f | awk '/drw/'` set fsmptag = `echo $f | awk... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: kristinu
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Finding BEGINNING & ENDING positions of sequentially increasing sublists from a perl numeric array

I have got an Perl array like: @array = (1,2,3,4,5,6,1,2,3,4,1,2,1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9...............) This numeric sequence will be always sequentially increasing, unless it encounters, The beginning of the new sequentially increasing numeric sequence. SO in this array we get sequentially... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: teknokid1
5 Replies

5. Red Hat

Named.conf file missing Centos 5.

hello everyone, I have install centos 5 recently.The file /etc/named.conf not found. I have installed BIND using yum. so now what to do ?? should i create named.conf file manually ??? please help me. thanks, sharlin. :) (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sharlin
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

perl Compare zone files in directory with what is listed in named.conf

I would really appreciate any assistance that I can get here. I am fairly new to perl. I am trying to rewrite my shell scripts to perl. Currently I have a shell script (using sed, awk, grep, etc) that gets a list of all of the zone files in a directory and then looks in named.conf for what... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: brianjb
0 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

[Solved] awk manipulation of sequentially named files

Hello, I am a very novice user of awk, I have a set of files named file001, file002, file003, file004, etc., each contains four fields (columns of data) separated each by a uneven number of spaces. I want to substitute those spaces by a TAB, so I am using this line of awk script: awk -v OFS="\t"... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: jaldo0805
4 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to introduce the missing number sequentially?

Dear Help, I have an input file which looks like below 002 1000 2000 3000 003 2000 3000 4000 005 1000 2000 6000 I would like to have an output which inserts the missing number in sequential sorting as shown below... 001 0 0 0 002 1000 2000 3000 003 2000 3000 4000 004 0 0 0 005 1000... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Indra2011
5 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Sequentially rename multiple files

Hello team, We wish to develop a script as follows : 1. Rename multiple files in the following way: example Original file names : test.txt and dummy.txt New file names : test.$(date +"%F").AAAAA<serialno_1>.BBBBBB.p and dummy.$(date +"%F").AAAAA<serialno_2>.BBBBBB.p 2. The... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: H squared
3 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Finding Files with Perl on a Hidden Dir?

Greetings! Been a while since I futzed around with Perl, and came upon a minor headscratcher for the community ;) Here's the basic code which I'm trying to make tick over:#!/usr/bin/perl use strict; use warnings; use diagnostics; print " starting "; while (-e "~/.somedir/testFile")... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: LinQ
9 Replies
svn-fast-backup(1)					      General Commands Manual						svn-fast-backup(1)

NAME
svn-fast-backup - very fast backup for Subversion fsfs repositories. SYNOPSIS
svn-fast-backup [-q] [-k{N|all}] [-f] [-t] [-s] repos_path backup_dir DESCRIPTION
svn-fast-backup uses rsync snapshots for very fast backup of a Subversion fsfs repository at repos_path to backup_dir/repos-rev, the latest revision number in the repository. Multiple fsfs backups share data via hardlinks, so old backups are almost free, since a newer revision of a repository is almost a complete superset of an older revision. This is good for replacing incremental log-dump+restore-style backups because it is just as space-conserving and even faster; there is no inter-backup state (old backups are essentially caches); each backup directory is self-contained. It has the same command-line interface as svn-hot-backup(1) (if you use --force), but only works for fsfs repositories. svn-fast-backup keeps 64 backups by default and deletes backups older than these; this can be adjusted with the -k option. OPTIONS
-h, --help Shows some brief help text. -q, --quiet Quieter-than-usual operation. -k, --keep=N Keep a specified number of backups; the default is to keep 64. -k, --keep=all Do not delete any old backups at all. -f, --force Make a new backup even if one with the current revision exists. -t, --trace Show actions. -s, --simulate Don't perform actions. AUTHOR
Voluntary contributions made by many individuals. Copyright (C) 2006 CollabNet. 2006-11-09 svn-fast-backup(1)