Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Create A Simple GUI For Shell Script Post 302354459 by Grizzly on Friday 18th of September 2009 08:24:23 AM
Old 09-18-2009
Create A Simple GUI For Shell Script

Hi all! Im wondering if its possible to create a GUI for a shell script I just got done writing as the people that will be using it dont like the command line all to well. Just something simple with radio buttons to select options, maybe a text field to enter a location to save the file generated by the script, or a button to browse to a save location. Then just a button at the end to make it output the conditions and start the script? This is on a Solaris system.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

can we create a GUI by shall script

Hi All, I am not new to unix but just begin to realizing the power of unix shell programming.. i need to create a shell script that can provide a graphical interface to me to enter information.. and this script i ll run through telnet program remotly.. is this possible ... plz guide me (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: johnray31
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

how can i create a simple progress bar in shell

please help me as i want to create a simple process bar to check the status for any script......... especially in UNIX (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: aditya.ece1985
5 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Simple Script to create folders

Hi I want to write a small script that will create folders named from `AAAA' all the way to `ZZZZ'. That is: `AAAA' `AAAB' `AAAC' ... `AABA' `AABB' `AABC' ... `ABAA' `ABAB' `ABAC' ... `ABBA' ... `ZZZZ' (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: ksk
4 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Create GUI or Executable For Script

Hi all. I've got a unix script at work that I just got done with. Now they want me to write some simple way to run it on Windows. Right now we log into a Solaris server using Hummingbird Exceed to gain a terminal. Im thinking that there really isn't any good way to get Windows and the server... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Grizzly
5 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to create a simple shell script to backup

Hello - I am in process of deleting many files which are older than 4 weeks. For example I am inside: /subsystem/prod/ Files are with various extentions, but anything older than 4 weeks should be deleted. What would be the most simplest script to acheive this? (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: DallasT
4 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to create a simple copy script?

Guys I want to do this: copy: /var/router/system1/config/backup/install.put /var/router/system2/config/backup/install.put /var/router/system3/config/backup/install.put /var/router/system4/config/backup/install.put into: /var/router/system1/config/install.dat... (22 Replies)
Discussion started by: DallasT
22 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Create simple script

Dear all, I have a directory named A and some subdirectories named B, C, D with .xml files. I want to use the following command to strip the file. sed -re ':start s/<*>//g; /</ {N; b start}' file.xml > file.xml At the same time, I want to remove the blank lines using sed '/^$/d' How can... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: corfuitl
6 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help making simple perl or bash script to create a simple matrix

Hello all! This is my first post and I'm very new to programming. I would like help creating a simple perl or bash script that I will be using in my work as a junior bioinformatician. Essentially, I would like to take a tab-delimted or .csv text with 3 columns and write them to a "3D" matrix: ... (16 Replies)
Discussion started by: torchij
16 Replies

9. UNIX and Linux Applications

Really simple shell script to create oracle database

Hello , I am new in this forum and need your help as I am totally confused :confused: I read a lot of threads and tried to search a lot but did not get the exact answer to my question. I just want a simple (content wise may be long) shell script to create oracle database. In detail:... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: rahoolm
5 Replies

10. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Create a simple web portal/GUI to execute scripts?

Very new to this..... What I would like to do: Create a simple GUI/Web portal with 3 buttons and 1 text field The three buttons need to take the input into the text field and use that as the variable to execute scripts located on a server Problem: How can i get the buttons on the... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: poops
3 Replies
tk_dialog(n)						       Tk Built-In Commands						      tk_dialog(n)

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

NAME
tk_dialog - Create modal dialog and wait for response SYNOPSIS
tk_dialog window title text bitmap default string string ... _________________________________________________________________ DESCRIPTION
This procedure is part of the Tk script library. Its arguments describe a dialog box: window Name of top-level window to use for dialog. Any existing window by this name is destroyed. title Text to appear in the window manager's title bar for the dialog. text Message to appear in the top portion of the dialog box. bitmap If non-empty, specifies a bitmap to display in the top portion of the dialog, to the left of the text. If this is an empty string then no bitmap is displayed in the dialog. default If this is an integer greater than or equal to zero, then it gives the index of the button that is to be the default button for the dialog (0 for the leftmost button, and so on). If less than zero or an empty string then there will not be any default button. string There will be one button for each of these arguments. Each string specifies text to display in a button, in order from left to right. After creating a dialog box, tk_dialog waits for the user to select one of the buttons either by clicking on the button with the mouse or by typing return to invoke the default button (if any). Then it returns the index of the selected button: 0 for the leftmost button, 1 for the button next to it, and so on. If the dialog's window is destroyed before the user selects one of the buttons, then -1 is returned. While waiting for the user to respond, tk_dialog sets a local grab. This prevents the user from interacting with the application in any way except to invoke the dialog box. EXAMPLE
set reply [tk_dialog .foo "The Title" "Do you want to say yes?" questhead 0 Yes No "I'm not sure"] SEE ALSO
tk_messageBox(n) KEYWORDS
bitmap, dialog, modal Tk 4.1 tk_dialog(n)