Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Sort from start index and end index in line Post 302354209 by jim mcnamara on Thursday 17th of September 2009 12:31:33 PM
Old 09-17-2009
Code:
sort -k1.11,1.17 -n  -o myfile.txt myfile.txt

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

What is index?

hi, :) In a shell script i came accross the following lines 1.for i in ` find /home/oracle -name ch' 2.do 3.echo $i 4.idx=`expr index $i .` 5.done Here iam not able to understand the porpose of the word "index" in line 4. any help ? cheers RRK (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ravi raj kumar
3 Replies

2. Filesystems, Disks and Memory

why the inode index of file system starts from 1 unlike array index(0)

why do inode indices starts from 1 unlike array indexes which starts from 0 its a question from "the design of unix operating system" of maurice j bach id be glad if i get to know the answer quickly :) (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: sairamdevotee
0 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

wh inode index starts from 1 unlike array index (0)

brothers why inode index starts from 1 unlike array inex which starts from 0 its a question from the design of unix operating system of maurice j.bach i need to know the answer urgently...someone help please (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sairamdevotee
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk index

1 2 000060000 How do i return the point in the string where the 6 is? i.e what I want on output is 1 2 5 something like awk '{print $1 $2 index($3,6) }' but I can't get it to work Thanks in advance (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: garethsays
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

get out the lines by line index

Hi, I have two files and want to get out the lines from file2.txt by the line number in file1.txt. The first one includes the line index numbers file1.txt 2 6 10 ... And the second file has lots of lines like: file2.txt A B C F G H R T P K L T T F F (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: senayasma
8 Replies

6. Programming

Merge sort when array starts from zero(0) index???

Hi friends, I have implemented the merge sort algorith in c, before I put forward my question, you please have a look at my code. // The array is sorted, as 1234 #include <stdio.h> #include <stdlib.h> #include <math.h> int A = {4, 3, 2, 1}; void Merge_Sort(int , int, int); void... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: gabam
0 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to get index values for multiple matches in the same line with awk?

Hi, I know that echo "bob alice robert alice" | awk '{print index($0,"alice")}' 5Will output the index of the first alice match, is there any way to get the index of all matches?, eg: echo "bob alice robert alice" | awk 'unknown magic' 5:18Thanks for your time. (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: chilicuil
6 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need Help in Index

I am having data in XML format and trying to extract codes form two fields called <String>, below is the data. <Node>tollfree<Condition>BooleanOperator<Operation>AND</Operation><Condition>BooleanOperator<Operation>NOT</Operation><Condition>FieldSelection<Field Context="ALL fields"... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: rramkrishnas
7 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Printing string from last field of the nth line of file to start (or end) of each line (awk I think)

My file (the output of an experiment) starts off looking like this, _____________________________________________________________ Subjects incorporated to date: 001 Data file started on machine PKSHS260-05CP ********************************************************************** Subject 1,... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: samonl
9 Replies
obd2csv(1)						      General Commands Manual							obd2csv(1)

NAME
obd2csv - Convert obdgpslogger(1) logs to csv files SYNOPSIS
obd2csv [ options ] DESCRIPTION
Convert obdgpslogger(1) logs to csv files OPTIONS
-o|--out <output filename> Output to this .csv file -d|--db <database> Work from logs stored in this database file -s|--start <time> Only dump rows more recent than this -e|--end <time> Only dump rows older than this -z|--gzip gzip compress output using zlib [if available] -v|--version Print out version number and exit. -h|--help Print out help and exit. NOT OPTIONS
These options aren't intended for end-users, they're for the GUI. -p|--progress Print out progress. It will occasionally print a number in the range [0..100], indicating progress percentage. SEE ALSO
obdgpslogger(1), obd2kml(1), obd2gpx(1), obdsim(1), obdgui(1), obdlogrepair(1) AUTHORS
Gary "Chunky Ks" Briggs <chunky@icculus.org> obd2csv(1)