Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Please help me
Operating Systems SCO Please help me Post 302354138 by engineer_7 on Thursday 17th of September 2009 07:52:51 AM
Old 09-17-2009
Data Please help me

Hi, I need help to solve problem. I am getting beep sounds continiously on Dell power edge 2400 and the operating sound is SCO unix. I am able to work on SCO. i am able to log in and logout. please reply me. thanks in advance.

Cheers.
Rajeev

muroar_beep(3)						    muRoar Programmer's Manual						    muroar_beep(3)

NAME
muroar_beep - Send notify beep to RoarAudio sound daemon SYNOPSIS
#include <muroar.h> int muroar_beep (muroar_t fh); DESCRIPTION
This function sends a notify beep to the sound daemon fh is connected to. fh need to be connected using muroar_connect(3) to a sound server supporting the RoarAudio protocol and the BEEP command. RETURN VALUE
On success this call return 0. On error, -1 is returned. NOTES
The beep is canceld at the server side as soon as the connection is closed. This means that you should not close the connection before the beep is played completely. BUGS
This commands requests the server for a default beep. No other kind of beep can be send. There is in addition no way to tell the actual length of the beep. The application should at least wait a bit more than 512ms before closing the socket. In case possible it is good to wait a minimum of about one secound to be really sure the beep ended. HISTORY
This function first appeared in muRoar version 0.1rc2. SEE ALSO
muroar_connect(3), muroar_quit(3), RoarAudio(7). muRoar April 2012 muroar_beep(3)