Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users FTP issues between mainframe and UNIX Post 302354131 by funksen on Thursday 17th of September 2009 07:28:18 AM
Old 09-17-2009
are you copying in binary mode?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

USS (unix) on the Mainframe

Does anyone work with USS on an IBM Mainframe computer on this msg board? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Javagate
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

mainframe FTP error

Hi when i am trying to ftp to a newly cretaed mainframe GDG for the first time,i am getting the following error... Verbose mode on. 200 Representation type is Ebcdic NonPrint 200 Port request OK. 550-SVC99 Return code=4 S99INFO=0 S99ERROR=38668 HEX=970C S99ERSN code X'00004379'). 550... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sam99
1 Replies

3. HP-UX

ftp from unix to mainframe

hi suppose i have a file named xyz(-1) and i have to transfer(ftp) it on a Mainframe from unix,how should i do it as whenever i try to do so it says use MVS naming conventions (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ashishabhishek
1 Replies

4. UNIX and Linux Applications

ftp from unix to Mainframe

suppose i have a file named xyz(-1) and i have to transfer(ftp) it on a Mainframe from unix,how should i do it as whenever i try to do so it says use MVS naming conventions (1 Reply)
1 Replies

5. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

ftp file from unix to mainframe

thanks (2 Replies)
2 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

FTP'ing EBCDIC Characters from Mainframe

Hi All, I am new to this site, I have a requirement where in i have to FTP a file from mainframe to Unix box. The catch here is there are few Spanish characters like N with tilde(~) and a with ` etc., all other characters are coming fine but those mentioned above are not coming in a proper... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: harikiranr
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

FTP files to target Mainframe system

Hi Experts... Greetings for the day..! I just want to FTP the files to mainframe system.. my code is not working..and also i need to put the files in a particular directory in a specific naming format... ftp -i -n ${HOST_NAME} << END_FTP user ${USER_NAME} ${PASSWORD} put ${FILE_NAME}... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: spkandy
3 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

UNIX sftp from mainframe

I have the following UNIX script which copies a file from a UNIX server in Canada to a UNIX server in the UK. LOG=/data/proj/sftp/canada.log DAT=`date "+%d/%m/%y %H:%M"` HOMEDIR=/data/proj/sftp TGTFILE=P_DATA.csv cd $HOMEDIR echo "\nStarting retrieval of Canadian Data at $DAT" >> $LOG ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mishnok
1 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Sftp from UNIX to mainframe

Hi, I have many scripts where i have used sftp for file transfer from unix box to unix box.. Now that we have to sftp files from unix to mainframe, i would like to know if that is possible. I just tried in the same way i did from unix to unix, but i got the error as connection refused. Are... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: dnat
2 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

FTP from AIX to Mainframe

Hi All, This is the scenario:- I am writing a script to automate FTP files from AIX to Mainframe. ( Binary mode, passive connection) FTP the currently available files(poll a directory to find the list) and put it to mainframe in one connection instance Verify if all the files are copied... (24 Replies)
Discussion started by: TechGyaann
24 Replies
INSTALL(1)						      General Commands Manual							INSTALL(1)

NAME
install - install files SYNOPSIS
install [-lcszN] [-o owner] [-g group] [-m mode] [-S stack] [file1] file2 install [-lcszN] [-o owner] [-g group] [-m mode] [-S stack] file ... dir install -d [-o owner] [-g group] [-m mode] directory DESCRIPTION
Install puts executables, manual pages, and library files in their proper place in the bin, man, and lib directories. The first two forms of the command are like cp(1) copying either one file to another or copying several files to a directory. The "-d" form is like mkdir(1) with the -p flag. File1 may be omitted if neither -l nor -c is given to change the attributes of file2. Attributes are always copied from the source file, use the options to change. Note that the source file's attributes are changed with the destination file if they are linked. So copy the file if you change it in a way that makes it read-only. You would otherwise not be able to compile a command again. OPTIONS
-l Link the destination to the source file instead of copying it. This is done to either save space on a file system with both the source and the bin directories on it, or to install synonyms to a command. -c Copy the source file to its proper place. This option is the default if -l is not given. With -l, the file is copied if the link fails. -s Strip the destination file of its symbol table, if it is an executable, and if it is actually copied. It has no effect on a link or a non-executable. -z Compress the executable using compress(1) and prepend a header line that calls zexec(1) to decompress and execute the binary. This will on average save 40% disk space at the expense of a slower startup time. Like -s the file must be actually copied for the flag to have effect. -N Use gzip -N to compress the binary. You may see up to 60% space savings, but it will take much longer. N is a digit from 1 to 9 telling the compression effort, see gzip(1). -d Make a directory, usually to install files in a separate directory in a library. Intermediate directories in the path are created with the same attributes as the final directory. Only the attributes of the final directory are set if the directory exists. -o owner Set the owner of the target. This only works if the invoker is the super-user, or if install is run setuid root and the invoker is a member of group zero. If -o is omitted then the ownership is copied from the source file, or set to the id of the invoker if a directory is made. -g group Like -o, but for the group ownership of the target. -m mode Mode is an octal number that specifies the mode the target should get. The default is the source file's mode with a chmod a+rX applied to it, or 755 for a new directory. Implies -o 0, or -g 0 if a file is to be set-uid or set-gid and the invoker has permis- sion to change ownership. This trick allows a group 0 member to install third party software, even though it expects to be installed by root. -S stack Sets the maximum amount of heap + stack that an executable may have when running. The argument is a C-style decimal, octal or hexa- decimal number, optionally followed by the multipliers m, k, w, and b for mega (1024*1024), kilo (1024), "word" (2 or 4), and byte (1). Uppercase M is also accepted for those who know what S.I. means. The compilers use -S 32kw by default, that translates to 64kb for an 8086, and 128kb for other architectures. This option is ignored on a non-executable. SEE ALSO
ln(1), cp(1), strip(1), compress(1), gzip(1), zexec(1), chown(8), chgrp(8), chmod(1), chmem(1), mkdir(1). BUGS
Uppercase K, W, and B are also accepted for those who don't know what S.I. means. AUTHOR
Kees J. Bot (kjb@cs.vu.nl) INSTALL(1)