Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Find duplicate filenames and remove in different mount point Post 302353669 by thegeek on Tuesday 15th of September 2009 11:26:03 PM
Old 09-16-2009
lot of open source tools are available in sourceforge, as
fdupes & finddup and so on.

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

mount point

hi people, I'm trying to create a mount point, but am having no sucess at all, with the following: mount -F ufs /dev/dsk/diskname /newdirectory but i keep getting - mount-point /newdirectory doesn't exist. What am i doing wrong/missing? Thanks Rc (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: colesy
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

tar contains duplicate filenames

I have a problem where tar is somehow creating duplicate filenames when tarring a directory. Doing an ls on the directory does not show any duplicate filenames, yet when the directory is tarred, you can see that there are duplicates: bash-2.03# pwd /var/log/cricket bash-2.03# ls -1 | sort |... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: dangral
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Remove Duplicate Filenames in 2 very large directories

Hello Gurus, O/S RHEL4 I have a requirement to compare two linux based directories for duplicate filenames and remove them. These directories are close to 2 TB each. I have tried running a: Prompt>diff -r data1/ data2/ I have tried this as well: jason@jason-desktop:~$ cat script.sh ... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: jaysunn
7 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

find & remove characters in filenames

I have a group of files in different directories with characters such as " ? : in the file names. How do I find these files and remove these characters on mass? Thanks (19 Replies)
Discussion started by: barrydocks
19 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Find and remove duplicate record and print list

Gents, I needs to delete duplicate values and only get uniq values based in columns 2-27 Always we should keep the last record found... I need to store one clean file and other with the duplicate values removed. Input : S3033.0 7305.01 0 420123.8... (18 Replies)
Discussion started by: jiam912
18 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script to find a mount point on multiple server

Hi, I have to find a mount point called... /opt/recall on multiple servers.. .Could someone give me a suggestion on how I could do this? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: gartie
2 Replies

7. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

How to create a new mount point with 600GB and add 350 GBexisting mount point? IN AIX

How to create a new mount point with 600GB and add 350 GBexisting mount point Best if there step that i can follow or execute before i mount or add diskspace IN AIX Thanks (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Thilagarajan
2 Replies

8. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Mount Point is locked

Hi there, I have a mount point that is locked. How do I unlocked it? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: alvinoo
1 Replies
doctools_lang_faq(n)						Documentation tools					      doctools_lang_faq(n)

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

NAME
doctools_lang_faq - doctools language faq DESCRIPTION
OVERVIEW
WHAT IS THIS DOCUMENT? This document is currently mainly a placeholder, to be filled with commonly asked questions about the doctools markup language and compan- ions, and their answers. Please report any questions (and, if possible, answers) we should consider for this document in the category doctools of the Tcllib SF Trackers [http://sourceforge.net/tracker/?group_id=12883]. EXAMPLES
WHERE DO I FIND DOCTOOLS EXAMPLES? The most examples of doctools markup currently known can be found in the Tcllib and Tklib package bundles where basically the documentation of all packages is written in it. In Tcllib you will also find the sources for the doctools documentation themselves, which makes use of nearly all of the available markup commands. You need one of [1] A CVS snapshot of Tcllib. How to retrieve such a snapshot and the tools required for this are described at http://source- forge.net/cvs/?group_id=12883 [2] A Tcllib release archive. They are available at http://sourceforge.net/project/showfiles.php?group_id=12883 BUGS, IDEAS, FEEDBACK This document, will undoubtedly contain bugs and other problems. Please report any such in the category doctools of the Tcllib SF Trackers [http://sourceforge.net/tracker/?group_id=12883]. Please also report any ideas for enhancements you may have for either the package and/or the documentation. SEE ALSO
doctools_lang_cmdref, doctools_lang_intro, doctools_lang_syntax KEYWORDS
doctools commands, doctools language, doctools markup, doctools syntax, examples, faq, markup, semantic markup CATEGORY
Documentation tools COPYRIGHT
Copyright (c) 2007 Andreas Kupries <andreas_kupries@users.sourceforge.net> doctools 1.0 doctools_lang_faq(n)