Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Kernel Support
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Kernel Support Post 302353657 by yildiz.a on Tuesday 15th of September 2009 10:36:59 PM
Old 09-15-2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by Corona688
google. Such small embedded boards often advertise their linux support.

I actually have something similar, I think. It's probably just compiled as a generic i686.

I am looking at google but not found yet.

---------- Post updated at 05:36 AM ---------- Previous update was at 05:28 AM ----------

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. SuSE

max number of slabs per kernel module (kernel 2.6.17, suse)

Hi All, Is there a max number of slabs that can be used per kernel module? I'm having a tough time finding out that kind of information, but the array 'node_zonelists' (mmzone.h) has a size of 5. I just want to avoid buffer overruns and other bad stuff. Cheers, Brendan (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Brendan Kennedy
4 Replies

2. Ubuntu

Does Posix support kernel level threading?

Hi All, Please let me know the following. 1) Does POSIX lib support kernel threads? if yes, please let me know what are the specific function calls used to create/manage kernel threads. 2) Is Posix scalable? 3) Does POSIX take the advantage of multiprocessor systems? your help is much... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: jayfriend
4 Replies

3. Linux

Supermicro(dual core) server getting rebooted after "decompressing the kernel;booting the kernel" me

supermicro(dual core) server getting rebooted after "decompressing the kernel;booting the kernel" message comes. I tried giving acpi=off to the kernel command line but same problem.It shows everything ok and no problem with memory and processors and power supplies.Wt could be the reason? It has... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: pankajd
1 Replies

4. Solaris

Which file is read by kernel to set its default system kernel parameters values?

Hi gurus Could anybody tell me which file is read by kernel to set its default system kernal parameters values in solaris. Here I am not taking about /etc/system file which is used to load kernal modules or to change any default system kernal parameter value Is it /dev/kmem file or something... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: girish.batra
1 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Make sure kernel was compiled with NFS server support

Hi there, I have a Debian Squeeze server. How can I check if my kernel was compiled with NFS server support? Extra question: if it is not, how do I enable NFS support in my kernel? Thanks for your help. Santiago (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: chebarbudo
3 Replies

6. Ubuntu

Phenom II support in kernel

Does anyone know at which kernel version support for Phenom II x6 first appeared? (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: Varsel
7 Replies

7. Linux

Unload kernel module at boot time (Debian Wheezy 7.2, 3.2.0-4-686-pae kernel)

Hi everyone, I am trying to prevent the ehci_hcd kernel module to load at boot time. Here's what I've tried so far: 1) Add the following line to /etc/modprobe.d/blacklist.conf (as suggested here): 2) Blacklisted the module by adding the following string to 3) Tried to blacklist the module... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: gacanepa
0 Replies

8. IP Networking

[ipv6_test] Kernel is not compiled with IPv6 support

Hello, i tried to enable IPv6 networking and after service network restart i seen these messages: FATAL: Error inserting ipv6 (/lib/modules/2.6.18-348.16.1.el5.028stab108.1/kernel/net/ipv6/ipv6.ko): Device or resource busy CRITICAL : Kernel is not compiled with IPv6 support Bringing up... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: postcd
6 Replies

9. Solaris

Older OS support in Kernel zones

folks, I have a query. Can we create Kernel zone with the earlier Solaris OS? More precisely Can i create kernel zone with any different OS than that of OS in global zone. As of now in sol11U2 if we create kernel zone, there will be sol11u2 OS in kernel zone since the same is in global. But... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Vaishey
4 Replies
NE_ADDR_RESOLVE(3)						neon API reference						NE_ADDR_RESOLVE(3)

NAME
ne_addr_resolve, ne_addr_result, ne_addr_first, ne_addr_next, ne_addr_error, ne_addr_destroy - functions to resolve hostnames to addresses SYNOPSIS
#include <ne_socket.h> ne_sock_addr *ne_addr_resolve(const char *hostname, int flags); int ne_addr_result(const ne_sock_addr *addr); const ne_inet_addr *ne_addr_first(ne_sock_addr *addr); const ne_inet_addr *ne_addr_next(ne_sock_addr *addr); char *ne_addr_error(const ne_sock_addr *addr, char *buffer, size_t bufsiz); void ne_addr_destroy(ne_sock_addr *addr); DESCRIPTION
The ne_addr_resolve function resolves the given hostname, returning an ne_sock_addr object representing the address (or addresses) associated with the hostname. The flags parameter is currently unused, and must be passed as 0. The hostname passed to ne_addr_resolve can be a DNS hostname (e.g. "www.example.com") or an IPv4 dotted quad (e.g. "192.0.34.72"); or, on systems which support IPv6, an IPv6 hex address, which may be enclosed in brackets, e.g. "[::1]". To determine whether the hostname was successfully resolved, the ne_addr_result function is used, which returns non-zero if an error occurred. If an error did occur, the ne_addr_error function can be used, which will copy the error string into a given buffer (of size bufsiz). The functions ne_addr_first and ne_addr_next are used to retrieve the Internet addresses associated with an address object which has been successfully resolved. ne_addr_first returns the first address; ne_addr_next returns the next address after the most recent call to ne_addr_next or ne_addr_first, or NULL if there are no more addresses. The ne_inet_addr pointer returned by these functions can be passed to ne_sock_connect to connect a socket. After the address object has been used, it should be destroyed using ne_addr_destroy. RETURN VALUE
ne_addr_resolve returns a pointer to an address object, and never NULL. ne_addr_error returns the buffer parameter . EXAMPLES
The code below prints out the set of addresses associated with the hostname www.google.com. ne_sock_addr *addr; char buf[256]; addr = ne_addr_resolve("www.google.com", 0); if (ne_addr_result(addr)) { printf("Could not resolve www.google.com: %s ", ne_addr_error(addr, buf, sizeof buf)); } else { const ne_inet_addr *ia; printf("www.google.com:"); for (ia = ne_addr_first(addr); ia != NULL; ia = ne_addr_next(addr)) { printf(" %s", ne_iaddr_print(ia, buf, sizeof buf)); } putchar(' '); } ne_addr_destroy(addr); SEE ALSO
ne_iaddr_print AUTHOR
Joe Orton <neon@lists.manyfish.co.uk> Author. COPYRIGHT
neon 0.29.6 3 May 2011 NE_ADDR_RESOLVE(3)