Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Coverting Firstname <Space> Lastname into email id Post 302353022 by sriram003 on Monday 14th of September 2009 09:25:17 AM
Old 09-14-2009
Coverting Firstname <Space> Lastname into email id

I have a file like below :

bash-2.03$ cat neweamil2

Nigueel Rafferty
Thomas333 Middletonsss
Shwaita33 Ambasss
Zhi21 Caiss
Saluweh Husain
Nigueel Rafferty
Saleuikh Husainse
Desiyshskan Santhio

Need to convert firstname <space> lastname into email id .

For eg. (1st line)

Nigueel Rafferty

into

nigueel.rafferty@email.com

Pls let me know.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX Desktop Questions & Answers

coverting to xbm

Heleuw, I want to convert an image to .xbm the problem is that, wehen I convert it it is only a 2 color image,(black&white), someknowes a tool or an other solution to get the complete image to .xbm with colors and sizes etc:confused: Thnx in advance EJ =) (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: EJ =)
2 Replies

2. Programming

coverting html data to text in 'c'

hi, iam reading the webpage using curl socket. so iam geting the data in html format so how can convert html data to text data ,so i can move forward. thank u, sree (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: phani_sree
3 Replies

3. Linux

Coverting a log file into XML

ID -------CODE-------DATE-------URL I have a log file with entries like this. The file has about 6 lakhs record and the size is about 42MB. I need to covert them into a XML file like <ID></ID> <CODE></CODE> <DATE></DATE> <URL></URL> I have done a logic for this and successfully done.... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: arunkumar.in
0 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Check and compare disk space and email it

I am very new to Linux and learning to script. This is for one of my servers at work that I have to keep track off as far as disk space and how it is used. I have tried to go line by line but little things keep chewing me up. I would appreciate any and all help or advice, and Mutt is installed on... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: sgtjkj
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Sending an email if system disk space is low

Hello i have a working script that sends me an email if system disk space is above 98%. I would like to add an extra command to the if condition. If disk space is above 98% it would also add an output of cd /var/log && du -sBM * |sort -n 2>&1 |grep -v -e "0M" -e "1M" command to the email. I'm... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: taf130
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Coverting multiple lines to a single line

Hi all, I have a requirement to covert multiple lines in a comma delimited file to a single line through shell scripting. We should compare the data in the first column in each line. If it is same, then the other data should be put in the same line.Below is the sample input and expected output:... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Bobby_2000
4 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Send Disk Space Usage Status via email

Hi Guys, Is there any way I can write a script that sends DISK SPACE USAGE STATUS via email once a week? Thanks, (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: g4v1n
5 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Getting email output in single line with out space in email

I have tried below email method and i am getting every thing in single line . i have put echo to provide space, but it is not helping my code ( echo "From: $FROM" echo "To: $MAILTO" echo "CC: $CC" echo "Subject: $SUBJECT" echo "MIME-Version: 1.0" echo 'Content-Type: multipart/mixed;... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: mirwasim
6 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Generate disk space usage email alert

hi all members I have a shell script to generate disk space usage email alert if threshold is more than 80 %, now the requirement changed to keep sending alert emails for every 5% incremental usage ........ Any help would be greatly appreciated. ex - 80% , 85% ,90%,95%,100% we should get an... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: anil529
6 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Merge Text with space into once cell and send email out

Please help!! This code works perfect but the only problem I am having is that is treats eg SQL Developer as separate cell/column which makes the formatting bad. I want to put SQL Developer in one cell. I attached a sample of how the output looks like. report.txt USERNAME OSUSER ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: lpoolfc
5 Replies
RBASH(1)						      General Commands Manual							  RBASH(1)

NAME
rbash - restricted bash, see bash(1) RESTRICTED SHELL
If bash is started with the name rbash, or the -r option is supplied at invocation, the shell becomes restricted. A restricted shell is used to set up an environment more controlled than the standard shell. It behaves identically to bash with the exception that the follow- ing are disallowed or not performed: o changing directories with cd o setting or unsetting the values of SHELL, PATH, ENV, or BASH_ENV o specifying command names containing / o specifying a file name containing a / as an argument to the . builtin command o specifying a filename containing a slash as an argument to the -p option to the hash builtin command o importing function definitions from the shell environment at startup o parsing the value of SHELLOPTS from the shell environment at startup o redirecting output using the >, >|, <>, >&, &>, and >> redirection operators o using the exec builtin command to replace the shell with another command o adding or deleting builtin commands with the -f and -d options to the enable builtin command o using the enable builtin command to enable disabled shell builtins o specifying the -p option to the command builtin command o turning off restricted mode with set +r or set +o restricted. These restrictions are enforced after any startup files are read. When a command that is found to be a shell script is executed, rbash turns off any restrictions in the shell spawned to execute the script. SEE ALSO
bash(1) GNU Bash-4.0 2004 Apr 20 RBASH(1)