Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Coverting Firstname <Space> Lastname into email id Post 302353022 by sriram003 on Monday 14th of September 2009 09:25:17 AM
Old 09-14-2009
Coverting Firstname <Space> Lastname into email id

I have a file like below :

bash-2.03$ cat neweamil2

Nigueel Rafferty
Thomas333 Middletonsss
Shwaita33 Ambasss
Zhi21 Caiss
Saluweh Husain
Nigueel Rafferty
Saleuikh Husainse
Desiyshskan Santhio

Need to convert firstname <space> lastname into email id .

For eg. (1st line)

Nigueel Rafferty

into

nigueel.rafferty@email.com

Pls let me know.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX Desktop Questions & Answers

coverting to xbm

Heleuw, I want to convert an image to .xbm the problem is that, wehen I convert it it is only a 2 color image,(black&white), someknowes a tool or an other solution to get the complete image to .xbm with colors and sizes etc:confused: Thnx in advance EJ =) (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: EJ =)
2 Replies

2. Programming

coverting html data to text in 'c'

hi, iam reading the webpage using curl socket. so iam geting the data in html format so how can convert html data to text data ,so i can move forward. thank u, sree (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: phani_sree
3 Replies

3. Linux

Coverting a log file into XML

ID -------CODE-------DATE-------URL I have a log file with entries like this. The file has about 6 lakhs record and the size is about 42MB. I need to covert them into a XML file like <ID></ID> <CODE></CODE> <DATE></DATE> <URL></URL> I have done a logic for this and successfully done.... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: arunkumar.in
0 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Check and compare disk space and email it

I am very new to Linux and learning to script. This is for one of my servers at work that I have to keep track off as far as disk space and how it is used. I have tried to go line by line but little things keep chewing me up. I would appreciate any and all help or advice, and Mutt is installed on... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: sgtjkj
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Sending an email if system disk space is low

Hello i have a working script that sends me an email if system disk space is above 98%. I would like to add an extra command to the if condition. If disk space is above 98% it would also add an output of cd /var/log && du -sBM * |sort -n 2>&1 |grep -v -e "0M" -e "1M" command to the email. I'm... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: taf130
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Coverting multiple lines to a single line

Hi all, I have a requirement to covert multiple lines in a comma delimited file to a single line through shell scripting. We should compare the data in the first column in each line. If it is same, then the other data should be put in the same line.Below is the sample input and expected output:... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Bobby_2000
4 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Send Disk Space Usage Status via email

Hi Guys, Is there any way I can write a script that sends DISK SPACE USAGE STATUS via email once a week? Thanks, (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: g4v1n
5 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Getting email output in single line with out space in email

I have tried below email method and i am getting every thing in single line . i have put echo to provide space, but it is not helping my code ( echo "From: $FROM" echo "To: $MAILTO" echo "CC: $CC" echo "Subject: $SUBJECT" echo "MIME-Version: 1.0" echo 'Content-Type: multipart/mixed;... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: mirwasim
6 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Generate disk space usage email alert

hi all members I have a shell script to generate disk space usage email alert if threshold is more than 80 %, now the requirement changed to keep sending alert emails for every 5% incremental usage ........ Any help would be greatly appreciated. ex - 80% , 85% ,90%,95%,100% we should get an... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: anil529
6 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Merge Text with space into once cell and send email out

Please help!! This code works perfect but the only problem I am having is that is treats eg SQL Developer as separate cell/column which makes the formatting bad. I want to put SQL Developer in one cell. I attached a sample of how the output looks like. report.txt USERNAME OSUSER ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: lpoolfc
5 Replies
SYSPROFILE(8)						      System Manager's Manual						     SYSPROFILE(8)

NAME
sysprofile - modular centralized shell configuration DESCRIPTION
sysprofile is a generic approach to configure shell settings in a modular and centralized way mostly aimed at avoiding work for lazy sysad- mins. It has only been tested to work with the bash shell. It basically consists of the small /etc/sysprofile shell script which invokes other small shell scripts having a .bash suffix which are contained in the /etc/sysprofile.d/ directory. The system administrator can drop in any script he wants without any naming convention other than that the scripts need to have a .bash suffix to enable automagic sourcing by /etc/sysprofile. This mechanism is set up by inserting a small shell routine into /etc/profile for login shells and optionally into /etc/bashrc and/or /etc/bash.bashrc for non-login shells from where the actual /etc/sysprofile script is invoked: if [ -f /etc/sysprofile ]; then . /etc/sysprofile fi For using "sysprofile" under X11, one can source it in a similar way from /etc/X11/Xsession or your X display manager's Xsession file to provide the same shell environment as under the console in X11. See the example files in /usr/share/doc/sysprofile/ for illustration. For usage of terminal emulators with a non-login bash shell under X11, take care to enable sysprofile via /etc/bash.bashrc. If not set this way, your terminal emulators won't come up with the environment defined by the scripts in /etc/sysprofile.d/. Users not wanting /etc/sysprofile to be sourced for their environment can easily disable it's automatic mechanism. It can be disabled by simply creating an empty file called $HOME/.nosysprofile in the user's home directory using e.g. the touch(1) command. Any single configuration file in /etc/sysprofile.d/ can be overridden by any user by creating a private $HOME/.sysprofile.d/ directory which may contain a user's own version of any configuration file to be sourced instead of the system default. It's names have just to match exactly the system's default /etc/sysprofile.d/ configuration files. Empty versions of these files contained in the $HOME/.syspro- file.d/ directory automatically disable sourcing of the system wide version. Naturally, users can add and include their own private script inventions to be automagically executed by /etc/sysprofile at login time. OPTIONS
There are no options other than those dictated by shell conventions. Anything is defined within the configuration scripts themselves. SEE ALSO
The README files and configuration examples contained in /etc/sysprofile.d/ and the manual pages bash(1), xdm(1x), xdm.options(5), and wdm(1x). Recommended further reading is everything related with shell programming. If you need a similar mechanism for executing code at logout time check out the related package syslogout(8) which is a very close compan- ion to sysprofile. BUGS
sysprofile in its current form is mainly restricted to bash(1) syntax. In fact it is actually a rather embarrassing quick and dirty hack than anything else - but it works. It serves the practical need to enable a centralized bash configuration until something better becomes available. Your constructive criticism in making this into something better" is very welcome. Before i forget to mention it: we take patches... ;-) AUTHOR
sysprofile was developed by Paul Seelig <pseelig@debian.org> specifically for the Debian GNU/Linux system. Feel free to port it to and use it anywhere else under the conditions of either the GNU public license or the BSD license or both. Better yet, please help to make it into something more worthwhile than it currently is. SYSPROFILE(8)