Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Time difference in Minute in UNIX Post 302352892 by ripat on Monday 14th of September 2009 02:56:56 AM
Old 09-14-2009
Question covered a few times in this forum. For example here:
https://www.unix.com/shell-programmin...are-dates.html

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Unix function to calcuate the difference in time

HI , I need to get the timedifference between two values... which funcation will help eg: difference betweem 19:22 and 19:43 should give 21 mins (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: savitha
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Find Time difference in Unix

Hi, START_TIME :- "10-NOV-2009 00:00:04" STOP_TIME :- "10-NOV-2009 00:05:47" Please help to find difference between these two. Searched for the same topic but did not find an answer for the same time format :( Regards, Robin (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: robinbannis
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to calculate time difference between start and end time of a process!

Hello All, I have a problem calculating the time difference between start and end timings...! the timings are given by 24hr format.. Start Date : 08/05/10 12:55 End Date : 08/09/10 06:50 above values are in mm/dd/yy hh:mm format. Now the thing is, 7th(08/07/10) and... (16 Replies)
Discussion started by: smarty86
16 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

counting word xx referred to a time period, like minute or hour

Hello, I try to insert a post because I've got a trouble to perform a unix job. But I didn't found which steps (procedure) I should follow. Could you help me? I got a log by my Application box, like following: gbosmam037:test >view Log_Server.csv ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: maluca68
2 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to add an hour or a minute to a time?

Hi, The timestamp is June 06 2011 11:05AM i need 2 results. first, an hour added to it, June 06 2011 12:05AM second, a minute added to it, June 06 2011 11:06AM How can i do this? Also when it reaches 12:59, it needs to start from 1 again without giving the output as 13:00. it... (17 Replies)
Discussion started by: irudayaraj
17 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Difference Time Unix Shell

I have 2 variables MTIME="Jan_2_2012_23:55:49" SCH_TIME="Jan_03_2012_00:32:28" I want to find the time taken (in seconds) between MTIME and SCH_TIME. Is there any way by which this can be done in Unix Shell Script? (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: ankitncr
4 Replies

7. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Help with Calculating time difference between many directories in UNIX

A report needs to come some what similar to this No of elements Stream Batch No Load time A B C D A,B,C im able to get quite easily wc -l /usr/local/intranet/areas/prod/output/SRGW_0?/*/MESSAGE_T.dat O/P of above command. A B C ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: peckenson
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Comparing date and check minute difference

Dear all, I'm stuck on Solaris 9 bash (I believe is quite different from Linux system) trying to find a solution. I have one file named like:120629-1750-TERZ81_AS_YTR.txt YYMMDD-HH-MM-......The script should compare the actual date with the one reported on the file name and then take an action... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Lord Spectre
4 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Get the time difference between two consecutive line in UNIX perl script

Hi All :o, I have some log files which contains these informations: 2013-04-24 09:11:34.018 INFO XXXXXXXXXXXX 2013-04-24 09:11:34.029 INFO YYYYYYYYYYYY 2013-04-24 09:11:34.039 INFO ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ 2013-04-24 09:12:21.295 INFO TTTTTTTTTTTTTTT 2013-04-24 09:12:21.489 INFO... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: shariquehabib
3 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Date time difference in UNIX shell script

There are 2 dates, Tue Oct 1 13:40:19 2013 Sun Sept 30 10:26:23 2013 I have multiple dates like the above one. How do I calculate the date time difference and display in another column in Shell script. Please help. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: tanmoysays
3 Replies
rtc(1M) 						  System Administration Commands						   rtc(1M)

NAME
rtc - provide all real-time clock and GMT-lag management SYNOPSIS
/usr/sbin/rtc [-c] [-z zone-name] DESCRIPTION
On x86 systems, the rtc command reconciles the difference in the way that time is established between UNIX and MS-DOS systems. UNIX systems utilize Greenwich Mean Time (GMT), while MS-DOS systems utilize local time. Without arguments, rtc displays the currently configured time zone string. The currently configured time zone string is based on what was last recorded by rtc-z zone-name. The rtc command is not normally run from a shell prompt; it is generally invoked by the system. Commands such as date(1) and rdate(1M), which are used to set the time on a system, invoke /usr/sbin/rtc -c to ensure that daylight savings time (DST) is corrected for properly. OPTIONS
-c This option checks for DST and makes corrections if necessary. It is normally run once a day by a cron job. If there is no RTC time zone or /etc/rtc_config file, this option will do nothing. -z zone-name This option, which is normally run by the system at software installation time, is used to specify the time zone in which the RTC is to be maintained. It updates the configuration file /etc/rtc_config with the name of the specified zone and the current GMT lag for that zone. If there is an existing rtc_config file, this command will update it. If not, this command will create it. FILES
/etc/rtc_config The data file used to record the time zone and GMT lag. This file is completely managed by /usr/sbin/rtc, and it is read by the kernel. ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Architecture |x86 | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWcsu | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
date(1), rdate(1M), attributes(5) SunOS 5.10 3 Oct 2003 rtc(1M)